Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,931,108 times

Advertisements

i havent done very many REALLY nice things, but i do the little things i can. A man pushing a baby carriage on the street dropped a baby bottle on the floor without noticing it. I picked it up and chased him down to return it. Another one is i helped an older lady carry her cart down several flights of stairs. I think its more important just to be a decent person all around then one big thing, im sure most of you agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,161,591 times
Given birth when I didn't have to?

To some of the finest human beings on the planet?

You're welcome, world!

Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,982,805 times
1. What's the nicest thing you have done for someone? Stopped talking to them.

2. What's the nicest thing someone has done for you? They never came to me and asked me why I stopped talking to them.

I'm just kidding.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,017,895 times
Nicest thing I've done: I was at an airport once in Vegas and a group of young guys at the next table in the lounge were complaining about all the money they lost. They were all throwing their cash on the center of the table to settle their bill and arguing about who owed what. It seemed like they were coming up short. I walked up to the bartender to settle my own tab and asked him to add theirs to mine, but don't tell them.

I always hoped that it improved their mood. Nobody should be unhappy in Vegas!

The nicest thing anyone did for me was when my husband and I were buying a house. He put up the entire down payment AND paid to fix the credit problems that my first husband caused so we could qualify for the house. He never threw it in my face or made me feel obligated to him.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:48 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,290,899 times
Studied sign language for a girl I liked who happened to be deaf/mute. I didn't care she was physically challenged and never felt embarrassed to be with her. Awesome relationship. Great memories .

Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,342,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
and what is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?

Offered to donate a tiny bit of my liver.

Hmmm...I'll need some time to ponder the second question.

I'll be back...

Old 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,080,507 times
I'm a pretty good person. This thread made me stop and think about it.

Over the years, I have helped several people get a second chance at life. Good people who had made unfortunate choices or had really bad luck. It's an accomplishment I'm proud of. I was always willing to share what I had.

Once, I think I saved some lives, maybe. A woman had parked at a convenience store and gone in to pay. Her kids were locked in the car. The car started rolling backwards into a busy intersection. I ran up and actually stopped that car. Don't know how I did it, but I did. Some people just watched but I started screaming and some guys came up to help me. It was tough because the car was on a hill.

I took care of my father for more than 10 years until he died. And he wasn't a nice person. He was no Ward Cleaver! I took care of my mom for all that time too.

Nurture is just part of my nature and who I am. I never expected or got anything in return and today, I sure could use an Angel of my own. I should have some good Karma stored up somewhere. Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM

228 posts, read 500,765 times
It's definitely not PG-13!

Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,224,906 times
I work fostering and adopting out rescue dogs with an organization. I always had several in the house. There was a family, who'd lost their dog, who were interested in a couple of my dogs so I scheduled a time and went to their house with them. There were three young children. They decided on a dog and were coming to the Saturday event to finish the paperwork and take their new dog home. The night before the mother and I were talking and she said the little boy was somewhat crying and when she asked him what was wrong he said he was concerned that if they got a new dog they would forget about Happy (the deceased dog).

I couldn't get this off my mind that night and went downstairs to the shoebox where my first dog's collar was in a box. She had been hit and killed by a truck. On the collar was a small bone trinket which said "I Love Dogs" and I took it off the collar.

At the event the next day I knelt down beside him and the new dog and explained his mom told me about Happy and about my first dog and that the bone came from her collar and we were going to put it on his new dog's collar to honor both Happy and my dog and he would always be reminded of Happy and it was because of Happy and my dog (her loss started me fostering) that this little guy they were adopting is still alive and will receive all the best love in the world and we put it on the collar. He seemed very happy about that and his mother was so grateful for the gesture.

I adopted dogs to many families who had deceased pets for years, but there was something about the sincerity of this little boy which complelled me to do that. Biscuit was a very special dog to me so to give that to him was a big deal, but it honored her life and she still managed to make someone else happy.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 PM

310 posts, read 1,358,400 times
Default :)

Wow, some great posts on here. It's refreshing to read some of these because it proves there are so many wonderful people out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships