Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,972,535 times

Advertisements

I would rather not tell what good things I do. I feel weird about that.

I would rather be like an old friend who has now passed. He had a bunch of people show up at his funeral who kept telling his wife what a great guy he was and the kind things he did. People that he never mentioned to her.

I don't think we are to let our right hand know what our left hand is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 04:58 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,212,479 times
There was a gesture done by someone else that got me all choked up. It was real close to Christmas and we were having an adoption day event and I was approached by this little boy and his mother. He'd had a Christmas account set up and his mom told me he decided instead of buying gifts for everyone he wanted to buy a toy for each one of the foster dogs there at the event. He had to be maybe 7. I thought that was so sweet and I had to hold back the tears it moved me so much. He was so young with such a big heart.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times
I'd like to share the nicest thing someone has done for me and continues to do. My husband was a meat eater when we met. I'm talking a duck, venison, steak loving meat eater. I really liked him, but we quickly realized that it just couldn't work. I only dated other vegetarians prior to him. He offered up the sacrifice to alter his diet if I would become his wife. I compromised with sea life and it's been this way for the past decade or so. I mean, who does that for another person? Very few and I cherish him and couldn't respect him more for it.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:20 PM

222 posts, read 501,487 times
I had been out shopping and on my way home I came upon a car accident. I was the first one to stop and after calling 911, I checked on the lady in one of the cars. Her mouth was all bloody as she had lost some teeth. I ran to my car and took out the new blouse I had just bought and took it to her so she could take care of her mouth. I felt so sorry for her and wanted to help while feeling helpless. One of the nicest things done for me was from an ex boyfriend . This is a man I have unconditional love for but, it was a one way street. Months after our break up he surprised me with 3 Christmas gifts which he set outside my front door. To this day I don't understand his kindness in doing that but everytime I think about it a smile comes to my heart and lips. Well these are just a couple examples....could go on and on... I am blessed.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:33 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,507,130 times
It nearly killed me but because of circumstances beyond my control I knew it wouldn't be good to communicate with 'an old flame/friend' and so I acted so strangely that he became annoyed.

I have a special place in my heart for this guy and I really wanted to 'open the door'. My life had once again turned upside down and I didn't want to 'ask for help' as I did when we knew each other.

lol--He sent me a picture of Hillary in the middle of a passionate speech.

I cried and then congratulated myself on a fine acting job. I generally fail miserably at being a 'B'.

He mesmerizes me--and I can't think. So strange. It's good that I have never encountered a cult I guess I would follow blindly if the leader was like 'R'.

How can he not know this--it must be part of the charm?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:04 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,096,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwifruit2 View Post
and what is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?

My co-worker had given another co-worker some money gas to be able to get to work the rest of the week..
He is so sweet..

Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,127,267 times
Buying gas for the car in back of me Saturday, then taking a colleague out for lunch at one of my favorite spots close to work. Just yesterday I'm coming home to discover 3 batches of homemade lasagna and 3 pans fresh full of baked chicken on my doorstep. I thought to myself "Good looking out whoever did this. I will be eating lovely for at least a couple weeks " I'm learning that when I do for others, others do for me (albeit mysteriously)

Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsandwater View Post
I had been out shopping and on my way home I came upon a car accident. I was the first one to stop and after calling 911, I checked on the lady in one of the cars. Her mouth was all bloody as she had lost some teeth. I ran to my car and took out the new blouse I had just bought and took it to her so she could take care of her mouth. I felt so sorry for her and wanted to help while feeling helpless. One of the nicest things done for me was from an ex boyfriend . This is a man I have unconditional love for but, it was a one way street. Months after our break up he surprised me with 3 Christmas gifts which he set outside my front door. To this day I don't understand his kindness in doing that but everytime I think about it a smile comes to my heart and lips. Well these are just a couple examples....could go on and on... I am blessed.

I love this story..I will tell my boyfriend about it..it gave me a good feeling knowing people like you are in this world..

Old 06-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Back in Nov of 2005 my house burned down..with everything in it. Including my purse with my money and car keys..I remember I had 2 dollars in my car..A friend paid for my gas and the lock smith guy made me a key for free. When I was getting gas for my car the next day, I seen this one guy who always rides his wheelchair up and down the street asking for money. The whole neighborhood knew him. He didn't have his wheelchair with him..He walks with a limp and it takes him forever to get somewhere. So I asked him where his wheelchair was and he told me someone had run it over..So I gave him the 2 dollars for the bus..He was so happy..I think I was more happy..

If we are somewhere eating and a homeless person is there too..my daughter will make sure they get something to eat too..

Old 06-08-2011, 09:40 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,281,316 times
Divorced my ex-husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships