Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 AM

152 posts, read 303,549 times

Advertisements

We are both in our early twenties and she is still a virgin. I am not sure on how to deal with this as a thought. I love her and we are wanting to be married, but the whole virgin thing just throws me. She is waiting-until-marriage but I'm not sure on how to feel about it. It's like it's one of those things you see. You understand it, you appreciate it very much, you love it no matter what it is, you accept it, but you don't know what to do about it. (If you are understanding my babbling please help me). She and I are wanting to get married at some point in the next few years but at the moment we are trying to get our lives straightened out before joining them. But the virgin part is something that I accept from her but it's odd (not bad odd but odd). Again, if you understand this post I would like to have your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 01:45 AM

129 posts, read 336,337 times
If you understand and appreciate it like you say, what is the problem exactly?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:10 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Consider yourself lucky, and be happy about it. That's all there is to it.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:19 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
You want her sexually and can't understand why she won't give it up to you since you already told her that you'd marry her in the next couple of years. You're hoping you could have sex with her for a couple of years before marriage. She wants to wait. Anything could happen between you two before you marry her (you might decide she's not the one or she could feel you're not the one) and she has decided to wait until marriage. If you don't respect or like her commitment she made to herself, you need to let her go and find someone that will give you sex or has a sex history.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:20 AM

251 posts, read 767,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
We are both in our early twenties and she is still a virgin. I am not sure on how to deal with this as a thought. I love her and we are wanting to be married, but the whole virgin thing just throws me. She is waiting-until-marriage but I'm not sure on how to feel about it. It's like it's one of those things you see. You understand it, you appreciate it very much, you love it no matter what it is, you accept it, but you don't know what to do about it. (If you are understanding my babbling please help me). But the virgin part is something that I accept from her but it's odd (not bad odd but odd). Again, if you understand this post I would like to have your input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
She and I are wanting to get married at some point in the next few years but at the moment we are trying to get our lives straightened out before joining them.
why do you find her virginity odd? have you communicated with her on how you feel about this? you may want to sit down with her and have a serious conversation about it because if you wait, it might get worse.

either way, you seem to have issues you may want to work on before marriage.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:47 AM

34,089 posts, read 82,964,986 times
There is more to sex than intercourse. A lot more.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:24 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
Wait a minute, you're bi-sexual… did you tell her that?

So, a virgin is weird because she won't give it up to you? Hmm...

Old 05-29-2011, 06:40 AM

328 posts, read 603,026 times
Don't do it. Especially dont do it if you're planning on marrying her just to bang her. It won't even be worth it.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
Are you intimidated by the idea of being her first? In some ways it should be easier because she has no basis for comparison.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
There is more to sex than intercourse. A lot more.
soooo true!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships