Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 PM

36,501 posts, read 30,843,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Even so, it would seem as if the other person was making a point that some sorry excuses for women would rather act like hoes, push babies out, and start collecting child support so they never have to work.

Yeah, because pregnancy and giving birth to a bastard then collecting that $350/mo. after repeated court dates is such a lucrative prospect. Of course the WIC, $100/mo. FS and section 8 housing are great perks. Who wouldn’t want to live like that.

I think you may have missed the point “joke” but that’s understandable since you haven’t given birth or been to a strip joint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM

48 posts, read 84,064 times
Again this comes down to whether a woman is willing to have a baby despite the unfavourable situation she finds herself with. If I was a woman I would not want to bring a life into the world only so it can at a disadvantage even before it opens its eyes. To a father who doesn't want to be around? Is this really a good decision?

The way I see it if I was with someone for a while and they were never quite clear about kids, but the moment pregnancy came into the picture they wanted out. Then I definitely would not want that reality to befall my unborn child. It would certainly show you what your partner was made of and cast all doubt aside of a future together.

Just saying there are better ways to bringing a life into this world than to a couple at odds with each other that can't seem to get on the same page and cannot both guarantee the loving attention and security of a family every child deserves.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,371 times
The only reasons that come to mind on why women trap men with pregnancies is when they are obsessed with a guy and think this is a good way to keep him or to prevent another girl from taking him. Or when they see a rich man and want to score 5-figure paychecks every month for more than 18 years, maybe keep his house, cars, etc. Sort of a career move or early retirement at a young age.

Last edited by onihC; 06-02-2011 at 01:01 PM..

Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The only reasons that come to mind on why women trap men with pregnancies is when they are obsessed with a guy and think this is a good way to keep him or have another girl take him. Or when they see a rich man and want to score 5-figure paychecks every month for more than 18 years, maybe keep his house, cars, etc. Sort of a career move or early retirement at a young age.
Ugh! That's so sleazy!!

Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
What is that all about?? I think doing something like that would be completely irresponsible, don't you think?? Why would someone do that?
Irresponsible, manipulative, selfish, decietful, pathetic.

My 19 year-old nephew just had his gf pull this stunt on him. She claims she was on birth control, and is using the fact that those pills are only 99.67% effective! She's like, "See, that's not 100% is it?"
She's the typical sort of bimbo who usually pull this sort of crap: under-educated, unemployed, from a broken home, missing Daddy, and hoping that, hey, maybe having a Baby will somehow magically make my boring, sad, empty little life a bit better. When in reality, she has no clue of the committment and responsibility required in successfully rearing a child.
The worst part of this whole thing is that the women who do this oft-times just perpetuate the cycle of raising kids in a dysfunctional family.
Women who do this should just be taken out and shot. It'd do everyone a favor.
Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit hostile towards these slu....er, I mean, females, but my nephew is a great kid, now in his 2nd year at Texas A&M as an engineering major, and has a geat bright future ahead of him, and this tramp is just rying to glom onto all that, with little regard for the longterm ramifications.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAurelius View Post
True, but guys are horn dogs the moment they reach puberty. Its really no defense to be morally remiss for the woman involved. Any woman with self respect will want a child with a loving partner who also wishes the same. I agree it was completely illogical for her to want child support from a less than financially secure guy. But this only highlights the mental stability of people who do this in general. Most couples that are mature minded don't make decisions unilaterally. And certainly don't bring a child into this world out of a desperate need to experience motherhood at all costs or keep a guy with them.

But then again the world is not perfect and weirder things have been known to happen.
I agree that anyone that would try to trap someone with a pregnancy is somhow mentally unstable. What I dont agree with is that the other party is innocent. As I stated earlier a man having unprotected sex with an unethical, lazy, mentally unstable person is no better than her and should not cry foul. In the situation you gave I really dont see why you see her lack of morals remiss but find his lack of morals excusable because guys are horndogs the moment they reach puberty.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post

My 19 year-old nephew just had his gf pull this stunt on him. She claims she was on birth control, and is using the fact that those pills are only 99.67% effective! She's like, "See, that's not 100% is it?"
She's the typical sort of bimbo who usually pull this sort of crap: under-educated, unemployed, from a broken home, missing Daddy, and hoping that, hey, maybe having a Baby will somehow magically make my boring, sad, empty little life a bit better. When in reality, she has no clue of the committment and responsibility required in successfully rearing a child.
The worst part of this whole thing is that the women who do this oft-times just perpetuate the cycle of raising kids in a dysfunctional family.
Sorry if I'm coming across as a bit hostile towards these slu....er, I mean, females, but my nephew is a great kid, now in his 2nd year at Texas A&M as an engineering major, and has a geat bright future ahead of him, and this tramp is just rying to glom onto all that, with little regard for the longterm ramifications.

Omg!! I wanna b*tch slap that hoe!!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:06 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,899 times
Quote:

Most of the time, these threads split down sex lines almost 100% but occasionally, a women will introduce some reality into the comments by pointing out how they've had an active sex life for 15 years without any problem with pregnancy.

Somehow, it only seems reasonable to me that a lot of these situations are entirely deliberate. Guys with "good" genetic material (i.e. good looking/family money) are particularly at risk.

Unfortunately for guys, they have 100% of the responsibility and 0% of the say in such situations and just have to take precautions. However, it is obvious that despite all the other options that these girls have, when they decide to keep the child, it was likely deliberate.

What is needed is an easily reversable but sure fire method of male B/C to eliminate this scourge of unfortunate children in single parent families and all the well documented social problems that result.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:13 PM

48 posts, read 84,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree that anyone that would try to trap someone with a pregnancy is somhow mentally unstable. What I dont agree with is that the other party is innocent. As I stated earlier a man having unprotected sex with an unethical, lazy, mentally unstable person is no better than her and should not cry foul. In the situation you gave I really dont see why you see her lack of morals remiss but find his lack of morals excusable because guys are horndogs the moment they reach puberty.
Simply put I think most human beings who hold themselves to even a shred of decency and self respect would not willingly deceive nor use another human life to entrap. Perhaps some are mentally unstable or may use that as an excuse to do despicable things to their partners. In fact I find most things that are immoral to be forgivable to an extent. But when two people trust one another and then for some reason one uses the other for personal advantage... well when it comes to a child its a game changer. I think you can deceive all you want as adults, but some things should remain sacred.

Of course if both parties are as unstable as the other then there really is no saving grace. And the baby's future is really thrown to the wolves so to speak. Basically at the whim of circumstance or the merciful graciousness of either party. Which is very ficke at best and most unfortunate. I don't wish that fate even on my worst enemy.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Not saying anything against your nephew, my son fell for the same crap, but again, what are these guys thinking. They are just as responsible if they are willingly in a sexual relationship with women who are "under-educated, unemployed, from a broken home, missing Daddy, and hoping that, hey, maybe having a Baby will somehow magically make my boring, sad, empty little life a bit better."

Why do these men keep thinking with their little brain and then yell victim. They need to put on their big boy brain and protect themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships