Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 03:14 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,653,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
OH BOY!

A thread positively PREGNANT with possibilities. I just gave the OP a rep. Everyone else remember to, too!

My story, first. My BF knocked me up, probably, on our first real date. We were both so hideous, I don't think either of us had ever considered sex with another Human Being as being a possibility.

Anyway, we were in physical contact, doing something non-sexual. But he got aroused. And I brushed against it, and was like, "Whoah! Those things get THAT big?" (most of them don't). Immediately my nerve endings, from head to toe, were exploding, and...well...we were both surprised that two so amazingly ugly creatures could have such a good time together.

Earlier, considering that the two of us had formed quite a team, in terms of self-improvement (seventeen-year-old College Freshmen, going to all the free 'improving' things on-campus, and spotting each other in Weightlifting 101), and considering that the dude was obviously both goal-oriented and phenomenally smart, and considering that he was as poor, hideous, and pitiful as myself....I had decided to take my one chance and open myself to the possibility of him as a mate.

I didn't visualize sex, though. Just pictured us as a pair...sharing expenses... Figured we'd both have bottom-rung office jobs for the rest of our lives, and could imagine our Luxury Garage Apartment (I grew up in a shack without running water, and so a Garage Apartment represented the apex of my aspirations. Oh, the glamour!). And maybe, as a pair, we'd be able to pool our incomes and even have a car.

Well, between improved nutrition, vitamins, lifting weights, being in love, having sex countless times a day, and feeling validated, BF had a hormonal surge and started growing. He got taller. He became muscular. His jaw got bigger. His brows got bonier. It grew. His Brain even grew. Oy.

But, apparently, I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Most boys trapped by pregnancy do not grow up to be chairmen of boards. The stress of marriage to needy Harpies makes them blow up like Toads, and become shapeless blobs who exhibit a predictable range of passive-agressive/self-destructive habits.

Then again, I didn't set out to 'trap' him. And I've always pulled my own weight financially, and in managing our home life, and then some. And I have showered him with love and praise (which he deserves 100%). And I have made sure that our home is a haven of serenity; not a Hell made of screaming children, blaring Televisions, and cooking smoke. Unlike most Mississippi women, I do not belittle my spouse, either behind his back.... or, with him present, to friends, in a "joking" manner.

Maybe that's why he just keeps on growing. I never infantilized him, the way I've seen other women do (women who end up with men who act like big babies).

In any event, the relationship and the children did give him a reason for being. His own family was worse than no family. Mine, too. We made our own world.

But for the most part, I think that women who trap men by pregnancy are PREDATORY PARASITES. Part of their MO is disabling their prey. I'll never forget a Wedding Issue of Mississippi Magazine, profiling the wedding of some Princess to some poor Zhlub. The Groom's Cake was made up of Ding Dongs. To me, there was an implicit statement in that (and all other references to the poor Groom), "You are just a victim; a slave; something lower than a Dog. I am going to make fun of you, and belittle you, and control you, until you wish for death. Hopefully, you will die early, and leave me a big insurance policy, and all your parents' money."

Sorry, but I don't like the way I see a lot of women treating men. And I think that the 'pregnancy as a means of entrapment' thing is a part of that approach to life.

There was a pretty, spoiled, girl in my old city. I'm told she used men. I heard that after using up one husband and a rich boyfriend, she latched onto a very, very rich man. Rumor has it that she got pregnant, in order to catch him. He was too big a narcissist/'Community Leader'/Deacon to just tell her to get an abortion. So, they entered into an unhappy marriage. Turned out that maybe his previous wife and kids had fled and left their gorgeous, often-published home, by a famous Architect, behind, because he was a drunk and a jerk. But Miss Pretty Girl was now Mrs. Gotrocks. She was in the society rags every single issue. The whole of our state got to wonder how much Collagen and Silicone were required to keep that Decolletage, and those Lips, fully-inflated. The mag pics always captured a "I can't believe it worked, and that all I have to do is sit here and have a hoo hoo and be rich, for all these people to fuss over me like this!" kind of look on her face.

Well, coming home from a drunken argument at the Country Club, Mr. Gotrocks was apparently slapping Mrs. Gotrocks, as she (just a bit tipsy) piloted their luxury car down a city street, doing almost double the speed limit (she'd been arrested, years earlier, for precisely the same behavior...but being Miss Pretty Girl...). She swerved into the oncoming lane, and killed two Resident Physicians (who genuinely loved each other).

She's sitting in Prison. Gonna be there for a long, long, time.

Moral of story: Just because you've used your reproductive capabilities to catch a Meal Ticket...um...I mean a Man, you don't necessarily have it made.
OMG!!!!!

I'm shocked at the second part of your long post! I had no idea some women actually were sadistic enough to think like this!! Those women are not even human!! They're disgusting b*tches!!!! I hate women like that!! They have no idea what that's going to do to their children! Don't they know how that's going to affect them emotionally!!?? Don't they know that they'll most likely turn out the same way!? Shame on those ANIMALS!! yes they're animals!!! Sorry but I'm just shocked and disgusted that some sorry excuses for women could be so cruel to their children and to those men!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Thank you for all your answers.

Based on all of them, I've come to these conclusions.

First off, these "trappings" can come from one or both people being stupid and not taking precautionary methods seriously.

Second, it can come from greed and sadism as well. It comes from both sexes, but most of the time, you hear it coming from women.

So all in all, anyone who does it for either reason should be ashamed of themselves and protect themselves if they're not going to practice abstinance.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:49 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,994,125 times
Did she point to her pot belly and blame it on "pregnancy" instead of laziness and fast food? Sounds like a typical American woman. I see them all the time stampeding around like herds of bloated elephants. Who needs to go to the Zoo or jungles when you have American men and women to stare at.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Did she point to her pot belly and blame it on "pregnancy" instead of laziness and fast food? Sounds like a typical American woman. I see them all the time stampeding around like herds of bloated elephants. Who needs to go to the Zoo or jungles when you have American men and women to stare at.
Just because there are bad people in this country doesn't make all of us bad. The same goes for other countries as well.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:13 PM

56 posts, read 93,640 times
Not something I would personally do, but my last bf always went back to his ex, his reason being "I have a kid with her". In some sick way, it kind of works.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:53 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,623,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yep. Its actually something old. There is no more pressure to marry due to a pregnancy. No one can make you do it. So the only entrapment is financial and as was pointed out for the average joe its about $350/month. I dont see the big gain there. A life of being responsible for another individual and living in poverty. I think these things are just a desperate attempt to get a man to stay with you.
Exactly. The girl was 17 and dropped out of high school another baby born with no father, lives at Moms house and has a glowing future, so the lazy niece doesnt have to work

It happens alot in Appalachia, still. They think common law marriage means the "baby-daddy" must pay for the kid thru college. Not so, due to a little thing called the letter of the law, and statutes on the books. Having a bastard child is a status symbol for the poor.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:56 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,623,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Well, I know three women who have gotten preggers to trap a man (and they admit it in a matter-of-fact way). They all happen to be educated with advanced degrees, and are very intelligent, white-collar women.

Its 2011. If they need to do that to "trap" a man they need therapy. no self-esteem. sad.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,157 times
Better get him while he's young and doesn't know any better. I think most grown men know there's other options besides marriage.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If you consent to having sex with someone, you can't blame them for ANYTHING that comes of it. Period.

It was your choice to have sex with that person. You should have known they were lying/cheating/infected/psycho/sober/drunk/whatever BEFORE you hopped into bed with them.
Yup. That about sums it up.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,455,683 times
$350.00 a month!! OMG, she's going to be rich!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships