Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:33 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
You speak the truth baby girl How you think I got you?
I heard you put out on the first date!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 12:22 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
While I love spicy, it doesn't love me. I am so much more impressed by a man who doesn't squander his money than one who takes me to Mesa Grill (I've never been, have no desire). For me, FamousDave's lunch menu is fantastic. BTW, get the brisket, it's incredible - like BUTTER. If you really want to impress me even more, suggest we split an order cuz they give you too much and I hate waste. Besides, I'd rather have room left over after a long walk for an ice cream cone - Friendly's will do (I've no desire to go to THE ice cream place that puts gold on their ice cream sundaes). I'm not impressed with an apt on the East Side (I do NOT care that Brooke Shields lives in the building - we aren't friends and I don't see us having morning coffee soon.) Buy me the house in TN cuz it'll leave money leftover for a cruise or a new pool rather than working an extra 10 years to be able to live nearer family. If we save enough, we can fly to visit them.

That's me - but you know what? Knowing how money is the foundation for most divorces/failed marriages/relationships, why not show your financial savvy up front. Do fun things that don't cost a lot. Nothing says romance to me more than the stars - take a walk on the beach/boardwalk/park and bring along a picnic basket filled with a chilled bottle of wine (or other liquid) and cheese/crackers/grapes. Thrill and dazzle her with your inventiveness not with your wallet. Anyone can pull out dollars, but not everyone puts in effort into getting to know someone. And it's the EFFORT that counts.

Good luck OP and listen to those of us with successful relationships, not those who've either given up on dating or who are professional dating-site users.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
While I love spicy, it doesn't love me. I am so much more impressed by a man who doesn't squander his money than one who takes me to Mesa Grill (I've never been, have no desire). For me, FamousDave's lunch menu is fantastic. BTW, get the brisket, it's incredible - like BUTTER. If you really want to impress me even more, suggest we split an order cuz they give you too much and I hate waste. Besides, I'd rather have room left over after a long walk for an ice cream cone - Friendly's will do (I've no desire to go to THE ice cream place that puts gold on their ice cream sundaes). I'm not impressed with an apt on the East Side (I do NOT care that Brooke Shields lives in the building - we aren't friends and I don't see us having morning coffee soon.) Buy me the house in TN cuz it'll leave money leftover for a cruise or a new pool rather than working an extra 10 years to be able to live nearer family. If we save enough, we can fly to visit them.

That's me - but you know what? Knowing how money is the foundation for most divorces/failed marriages/relationships, why not show your financial savvy up front. Do fun things that don't cost a lot. Nothing says romance to me more than the stars - take a walk on the beach/boardwalk/park and bring along a picnic basket filled with a chilled bottle of wine (or other liquid) and cheese/crackers/grapes. Thrill and dazzle her with your inventiveness not with your wallet. Anyone can pull out dollars, but not everyone puts in effort into getting to know someone. And it's the EFFORT that counts.

Good luck OP and listen to those of us with successful relationships, not those who've either given up on dating or who are professional dating-site users.
Excellent post and wish more people on here having a hard time dating would take to heart.

It's not the glamor or the glitter that will get you a date with a man or a women, it's the thought and the person that you are that will get you high scores.

Stop spending money and think of creative ways to go on dates inexpensively. Don't think the girl/guy of your dreams would go for that type of date? Then you're looking at the wrong type of person.

Be yourself and create dates that are fun and cheap.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Excellent post and wish more people on here having a hard time dating would take to heart.

It's not the glamor or the glitter that will get you a date with a man or a women, it's the thought and the person that you are that will get you high scores.

Stop spending money and think of creative ways to go on dates inexpensively. Don't think the girl/guy of your dreams would go for that type of date? Then you're looking at the wrong type of person.

Great advice. Dates should be more about the people/company than about the event. If the event is all that matters to your date, then they are just using you. That being said, what you do on the date is still important, but not nearly as important as who you're doing it with.

As well, if you can create unique experiences with your date, that is invaluable. When you find someone worth your time, it will be enjoyable and memorable regardless of what you do because you both will cherish your time together.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:54 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Cheapies, Ha! It's more like we are onto the games that some of the opposite sex love to play. At the risk of being flamed on here - it's the truth. If you can't handle the truth - get out of the kitchen.

Most of the best first dates were inexpensive. Worse first dates were "dinner traps"
Im not going to lie and say there are not those out there...But if you have to be so paranoid about an extra 50$ spent for some food just because you won't be with someone 10 years later? Thats just silly to me.Don't YOU want to spend that money on yourself for a nice dinner? If not...you are NOT being yourself on the date but trying to impress. Get what I am saying?

I am going nowhere...as a female...my place is IN the kitchen...right?

Old 06-09-2011, 01:24 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post

Si! Another angle is.........

If you ask an attractive girl out on a date, chances are she's been "wined and dined" by rich guys her whole life. She's used to the stretch limo's, fancy dinners, and expensive wine....

For all the guys out there who want to date an attractive girl, CHANGE THE GAME. Try these new, inexpensive, creative, exciting and different ways.... maybe she'll see something different in you

Old 06-09-2011, 01:28 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Si! Another angle is.........

If you ask an attractive girl out on a date, chances are she's been "wined and dined" by rich guys her whole life. She's used to the stretch limo's, fancy dinners, and expensive wine....

For all the guys out there who want to date an attractive girl, CHANGE THE GAME. Try these new, inexpensive, creative, exciting and different ways.... maybe she'll see something different in you
Agreed.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
I see a lot of good advice. I had a friend who had the same issue. He wanted to get married BADLY (although with all of his hard drinking, stripper loving ways, I am not sure he was quite marriage material). He did make a lot of money and he would take girls out on these mega expensive dates. Spending in about the same range: 150 per night.

It worked out for him and he got a girl.

As a woman, I like expensive dates...so for those of you telling the OP to wow her with his personality...Stop ruining it for the rest of us! ;D

Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
LOL!

Amen....

And just FYI dropping cash with zero personality and lacking creative edge is more tacky than cheap dates. Bring the moon and the stars or stay home!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:08 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
As a woman, I like expensive dates...so for those of you telling the OP to wow her with his personality...Stop ruining it for the rest of us! ;D
As a man, I like when a woman takes me on an expensive date!

We like a bit of wining and dining too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships