Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:49 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
$110 the first time around and then like $50 or so on the second date. Both dates had happy endings, and then rejected for the 3rd date. I'm so mad at myself for always doing this. It's my fault though.

No, you need to make more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 05:10 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
$110 the first time around and then like $50 or so on the second date. Both dates had happy endings, and then rejected for the 3rd date. I'm so mad at myself for always doing this. It's my fault though.
Quote:
It's just upsetting. You're told all the time to be yourself, but then when you go looking for advice, you're told that you're in the wrong and need to change.
Okay...let's see. $110 on a first date. And you are in college? Is that right?
If so, I just think it's nuts to spend THAT much on a date. And if you are dating the kind of girl (forget the wacko post above about Scotsdale 7 and other silly ratings) ) that expects that sort of date, then stop. There is no reason at ALL to spend money like that, on a date. I don't know why anyone would do this, if they aren't agreeable to throw the money away in the first place. I would never spend a lot of money on a date before I knew a LOT more about the person, and had some idea that we had a solid connection. That said, you don't take someone out, expecting to get laid that night, or the next, for that matter. That's the wrong approach. You need to explore other options for dates...and there are plenty out there.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
No, you need to make more money.
Like I said, I'm going to take girls who require that I be loaded, especially at age 24, and place them to the side.

I can more than respect a woman wanting a guy who has goals, a good job with very solid finances operating in the black, but expecting $110 for the first date is a bit much. Now this girl didn't expect that at all, I'm blaming myself for being dumb, not blaming her at all.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
$100?! Good grief, that's too much to spend on a date, especially when you're just getting to know one another. Save the special restaurants for when there's something special.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:14 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
go for girls from working class backgrounds who have worked during their youth. They appreciate money more and will be less demanding of your spending.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:13 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
I"m assuming that you said that you guys had sex on the first and second dates? May I gently suggest that women who have sex that soon are generally not looking for a relationship?

Old 06-09-2011, 08:15 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
If you think about the costs of things, dropping a $100 buck is easy to do. Even a dinner at a chain restaurant can set you back $40-50 bucks. Add in drinks (which are WAY overpriced at restaurants) and you've easily dropped another $20-30. Then on to a movie, another $20 without snacks.

You can have a nice date without spending so much money. Besides dinner, movie...has become so cliche. Mix it up and try some interesting things that are wallet friendly for you and will result in an all around enjoyable date.

It's going to cost to date. period. However, you are in control of how much you choose to spend. Good luck.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:35 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
We went out to dinner the first one, and it lasted like 5 hours. We talked the whole time. It ended well....

We went out a second time and just walked around the city for a few hours, went to a bar for a bit. It ended well...
$100 is steep for a first date. $50 is reasonable, but still higher than what is sensible. I just can't figure out how you spent $50 "going to a bar for a bit".

Old 06-09-2011, 09:01 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,644 times
Try something different that is less expensive...cook a meal for two instead of going to a restaurant, maybe there are free events in your area, try engaging in mutual hobbies or try a new activity. You can be smart and frugal without being cheap, good luck.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:05 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I"m assuming that you said that you guys had sex on the first and second dates? May I gently suggest that women who have sex that soon are generally not looking for a relationship?
I guess the ellipses looked that way. We actually just made out, but still you'd think that's an invitation for round 3...oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships