Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 09:05 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
That just reassures me of my theory. Women are a lot more picky about there places to eat than men(or at least I) are. I really don't care where I'm eating at, just tell me so I don't have to hear you complain.
Well I'm not THAT picky...but I do have some favorites. There are times when I'll be generic and say "Lebanese" or "Italian" but then I usually know a good place to match

Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Sure. I prefer to have a place to eat at before leaving. But obviously there's times where you're out for a few hours and then you get hungry and you want to eat somewhere.

Cooking in, for me it doesn't have to be a huge meal or something exotic. It's the thought that counts. I'd just prefer it not to be something like a hungry-man frozen dinner. I don't mind frozen pizza if we're watching movies or something though. Something as easy like spaghetti and a salad you got from the store. I love that kind of meal. Easy and quick and tasty.
Yep i can handle that. And steak, baked potato, corn, like making those flavored Lipton noodle things,tacos, meatballs, scramble eggs, bacon, sausage, George foreman grilled chicken, celery and cream cheese, carrots or cucumbers and dip, salads are piece of cake, and love making sandwiches also.

And if it's a sudden out of the moment thing and i am out I will tell ya what i like...I got a mouth.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,713 times
Quote:
That just reassures me of my theory. Women are a lot more picky about there places to eat than men(or at least I) are. I really don't care where I'm eating at, just tell me so I don't have to hear you complain.
Hee hee, I'm guilty of that. I would like to satisfy my hunger, and if it doesn't satisfy me, I get a little cranky. I'm also picky about Asian food because I grew up eating Asian food all my life, so I would like some legit stuff!

My only complaint? Not sure if this counts but gossiping. NO thank you.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yep i can handle that. And steak, baked potato, corn, like making those flavored Lipton noodle things,tacos, meatballs, scramble eggs, bacon, sausage, George foreman grilled chicken, celery and cream cheese, carrots or cucumbers and dip, salads are piece of cake, and love making sandwiches also.

And if it's a sudden out of the moment thing and i am out I will tell ya what i like...I got a mouth.
All that is great. Personally I do not expect anything amazing if I'm coming over for dinner or something. I'm happy with anything, especially since my previous 2 gfs couldn't...cook...a hot dog...

Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Hee hee, I'm guilty of that. I would like to satisfy my hunger, and if it doesn't satisfy me, I get a little cranky. I'm also picky about Asian food because I grew up eating Asian food all my life, so I would like some legit stuff!

My only complaint? Not sure if this counts but gossiping. NO thank you.
Well that's the deal. If you say you want to eat somewhere, then NOT say where you want to eat at, then complain about where I take you, I have a problem with that.

Again, I'm pretty laid back and I could not care less where I eat most of the time. It's when she refuses to help me solve her equation then complains about it is what I have the issue with.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,214 times
Quote:
Well that's the deal. If you say you want to eat somewhere, then NOT say where you want to eat at, then complain about where I take you, I have a problem with that.

Again, I'm pretty laid back and I could not care less where I eat most of the time. It's when she refuses to help me solve her equation then complains about it is what I have the issue with.
agreed.

"Hey babe let's go out to eat"
"Okay, you figure out where to go!"
*30 minutes later*
"Ugh I hate french food"

Old 06-26-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
All that is great. Personally I do not expect anything amazing if I'm coming over for dinner or something. I'm happy with anything, especially since my previous 2 gfs couldn't...cook...a hot dog...
You poor thing!

I grew up learning how to cook and for some sick reason, I find it satisfying when I cook for someone and they enjoy their meal. It was ingrained in me as a child when I was in the kitchen with my Italian grandmother.

I remember she used to say "mangia, mangia" if you weren't eating...and then she'd feel your head and ask "what are ya, sick or something?" lol
It was practically a sin if you didn't like her cooking.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,713 times
Quote:

If I satisfy my hunger with good quality food, I will not complain but talk how good the food is. I don't complain when someone suggest a new place for the first time. I also don't complain if it's your favorite restaurant and I haven't eaten there yet. I'll judge the food for myself.

The only time that I will complain is eating at the same restaurant for 7 days in a week, fast food restaurant, or when it's too darn expensive. I think quality really matters to me, and it doesn't have to be a five star but something better than McDonalds.

I think I'm going to observe my behavior and attitude towards this.. If it turns out that I complain more than I think, I'm going to do something about it.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
You poor thing!

I grew up learning how to cook and for some sick reason, I find it satisfying when I cook for someone and they enjoy their meal. It was ingrained in me as a child when I was in the kitchen with my Italian grandmother.

I remember she used to say "mangia, mangia" if you weren't eating...and then she'd feel your head and ask "what are ya, sick or something?" lol
It was practically a sin if you didn't like her cooking.

My last GF, in our dating phase I asked her if she could cook. She looked up at me with her eyes wide open and said "...I can cook chef boyardee!" At which point, I knew that if I wanted to eat a nicely cooked meal, I would have to do it myself in this relationship. She didn't bother so much as to try to learn.

I'm not saying that I'm a chef or some amazing cook or anything, but I know how to make at least some things, and I'm pretty decent on the grill. All I can do is hope she can cook something so sometimes I can come home to a meal, and not have to add that to my "to do" list when I come home late from work or something.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
If I satisfy my hunger with good quality food, I will not complain but talk how good the food is. I don't complain when someone suggest a new place for the first time. I also don't complain if it's your favorite restaurant and I haven't eaten there yet. I'll judge the food for myself.

The only time that I will complain is eating at the same restaurant for 7 days in a week, fast food restaurant, or when it's too darn expensive. I think quality really matters to me, and it doesn't have to be a five star but something better than McDonalds.

I think I'm going to observe my behavior and attitude towards this.. If it turns out that I complain more than I think, I'm going to do something about it.
Would you seriously complain?

I don't know...I guess I just wouldn't do that. If someone took me out and chose the restaurant, even if I didn't like my meal I wouldn't complain. I'd just say "thanks, that was great" and let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships