Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
All that is great. Personally I do not expect anything amazing if I'm coming over for dinner or something. I'm happy with anything, especially since my previous 2 gfs couldn't...cook...a hot dog...
Wow that's really sad, but many can't and I thought I only knew the basics. Lol :P

Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,638,212 times
No woman will ever be satisfied because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that shoots out money. ~Author Unknown

Old 06-26-2011, 09:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
If I satisfy my hunger with good quality food, I will not complain but talk how good the food is. I don't complain when someone suggest a new place for the first time. I also don't complain if it's your favorite restaurant and I haven't eaten there yet. I'll judge the food for myself.

The only time that I will complain is eating at the same restaurant for 7 days in a week, fast food restaurant, or when it's too darn expensive. I think quality really matters to me, and it doesn't have to be a five star but something better than McDonalds.

I think I'm going to observe my behavior and attitude towards this.. If it turns out that I complain more than I think, I'm going to do something about it.
I don't think I've eaten out more than twice a week, tops. Anymore, I might get fast food once a month, if that since my tastes have changed so much.

And all of those are OK by me. I just don't want to hear any complaining if you don't speak up about it.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Quote:
My last GF, in our dating phase I asked her if she could cook. She looked up at me with her eyes wide open and said "...I can cook chef boyardee!" At which point, I knew that if I wanted to eat a nicely cooked meal, I would have to do it myself in this relationship. She didn't bother so much as to try to learn.

I'm not saying that I'm a chef or some amazing cook or anything, but I know how to make at least some things, and I'm pretty decent on the grill. All I can do is hope she can cook something so sometimes I can come home to a meal, and not have to add that to my "to do" list when I come home late from work or something.
I agree...it's not hard to boil water and toss some pasta in, open a jar of sauce and heat it up...slice some bread, open a bottle of wine, get one of those complete salad-in-a-bag deals.....and a tub of ice cream.

That's a decent meal...kind of.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
No woman will ever be satisfied because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that shoots out money. ~Author Unknown
And no man will ever be satisfied because we are not built with energizer bunny batteries.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,401,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Would you seriously complain?

I don't know...I guess I just wouldn't do that. If someone took me out and chose the restaurant, even if I didn't like my meal I wouldn't complain. I'd just say "thanks, that was great" and let it go.
No. I would judge the food after I have eaten it. The only thing I'd say is "Good food but expensive" and let it go. I don't think that's complaining but only letting the person know how I feel. If I were to really complain, I would have complain about the portion size, the quality, the water quality, this and that, and "why did we have to come here".

Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I agree...it's not hard to boil water and toss some pasta in, open a jar of sauce and heat it up...slice some bread, open a bottle of wine, get one of those complete salad-in-a-bag deals.....and a tub of ice cream.

That's a decent meal...kind of.
That's a great meal!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:57 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Wow that's really sad, but many can't and I thought I only knew the basics. Lol :P

I haven't had a gf cook for me in....never?

No, I think it was 8 years ago? I really can't remember. I think I was the one cooking in pretty much every relationship.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
No. I would judge the food after I have eaten it. There were cases where the food was expensive at a new restaurant, and the only thing I said was "wow, that's expensive. Good food but expensive" and let it go. I don't think that's complaining but only letting the person know how I feel. If I were to really complain, I would have complain about the portion size, the quality, the water quality, this and that, and "why did we have to come here".
Okay assuming that person paid for your meal, all you need to say is "thank you"...there is no need to add "wow, that's expensive" That is just tacky!

I guess I'm reading "complain" as "whine". If there is something floating in my water a simple "excuse me, could I get fresh glass, there is something in this" is enough...just a simple request.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That's a great meal!

Quote:
I haven't had a gf cook for me in....never?

No, I think it was 8 years ago? I really can't remember. I think I was the one cooking in pretty much every relationship.
Okay, that's it! You both are invited to my house to eat! You just let me know when...I'll feed you! Mangia, mangia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.