Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose the options that would turn you off to your date (read scenarios)
Paying for groceries for a romantic dinner with food stamps 33 64.71%
Learning your date lives with his parents. 19 37.25%
Learning in conversation that your date is a devout Catholic 26 50.98%
Running out of gas. 12 23.53%
None 2 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:34 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,316,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If I go to church with you and am not allowed to break bread because I am a baptized Episcopalian ... yeah, that is not happening.
I am baptized Episcopalian too. Yet excommunicated from Catholic church. My hubby is baptized Catholic but he isn't that devout so we married in an Episcopalian ceremony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:40 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,316,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What about the parents living with the son?
Depends on who is supporting who. If he was supporting his family or if they were contributing equally that is totally fine.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:29 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,826,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Depends on who is supporting who. If he was supporting his family or if they were contributing equally that is totally fine.
Son is supporting the parents and/or all contributing equally. You have to understand that living together saves a ton of money. People are rich for a reason.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:07 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Some Guy Here View Post
Ok, the food stamps thing? Let me clue you ALL in that yeah, sure, sometimes a man with EBT is a lazy bum, but SOMETIMES< like in MY case, We're disabled and the government knows, that without us being able to work, we need assistance with daily living. I will admit, i am rather offended by some of you who are turned off that someone is getting help. At least he aint mooching off family and friends or
, of course.

Thing is, I JUST got out of a relationship with a guy who was on disability, and yes, he also got food stamps. However, the bad thing with him is, he DID mooch off of me. Big time. and was never thankful for what i did for him.
And, instead of pounding the pavement looking for work or looking to get training in fields of work that he could do with his limitations (disablity, criminal record for Real Esate Scamming) he just chose to sit around all day, and think that one day he was going to get a job in the real estate field again, once he passed the test and went before the board. However, the board is strict on stuff like that, and i used to tell him he better have a back up plan, but he would not hear of it.

So, if a guy is on disability and gets food stamps, as long as he handles his own situation and does not mooch off of someone all the time, and..(if he PHYSICALLY can), is looking for work, then fine.

I DO understand that sometimes people need that because of situations that they cant control.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:19 PM

6 posts, read 6,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
The Catholic thing wouldn't bother me at all...unless he was really serious about the no sex thing prior to marriage. If that were the case he'd be history as I'm a firm believer in trying it before buying it.
I couldn't agree more
I'm that religious so if the guy is .. i guess it would bother me ..

Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,149,145 times
The only thing that WOULDN'T bother me would be the car running out of gas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships