Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:01 AM

924 posts, read 2,236,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
trust me, TV, your date earns every penny of that free meal.
A date only earns a "free" meal if she puts out. Otherwise she's using him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,192,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Maybe she is his female counterpart, like a TVandSportsGirl. I mean she couldn't think of a restaurant either.
It was a restaurant I wanted to go to with outdoor seating and a nice view outside but she didn't want to go because she was already there before

Old 06-19-2011, 10:06 AM

3,769 posts, read 6,769,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
A date only earns a "free" meal if she puts out. Otherwise she's using him.

oh please, like spending $20 on someone's dinner is such a huge favor that they would be using you if they didn't repay you with sex.

i notice from your other post that you treat people like trained circus animals, rewarding "good behavior" with bananas. and then you are confused why they aren't responding to your training.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It was a restaurant I wanted to go to with outdoor seating and a nice view outside but she didn't want to go because she was already there before

yes, you two are meant to be.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:12 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,475,171 times
Quote:
Not Broke just prefer to spend wisely and stay within my budget. And most women want to be seen with someone who is TALL and SEXY
Why don't you spend it on a car, a tivo, and a phone that has a yelp app? Didn't I see you say you were saving for summer clothes? You are either broke, eccentric, or a liar. Personally, i'd go all in, on all three.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:14 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,192,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Why don't you spend it on a car, a tivo, and a phone that has a yelp app? Didn't I see you say you were saving for summer clothes? You are either broke, eccentric, or a liar. Personally, i'd go all in, on all three.
Who the hell still has tivo? I'm saving to MOVE not to buy no damm summer clothes

Old 06-19-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
oh please, like spending $20 on someone's dinner is such a huge favor that they would be using you if they didn't repay you with sex.

i notice from your other post that you treat people like trained circus animals, rewarding "good behavior" with bananas. and then you are confused why they aren't responding to your training.
In the early dating stages, the guy should not be paying for dates all the time. It may be "only" $20 but if she isn't willing to do something in return, why would he spend so much early on (driving to her, etc.) This is why dating gurus advise guy to use the KISS strategy (keep it simple stupid).

By the way what does me rewarding colleagues with fruit have to do with this thread? Seems like an off topic comment.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
She called me at 3am this morning on her way home from being out with friends. When I received the text at 3am and it said "are u up? "Can you talk" I was thinking she was going to tell me she is into someone else or can she come over. But it didn't turn out that way. So we will see each other this week, probably tomorrow. I'm flattered that someone can be out at 3am in the morning and is thinking about me to call while she is on the road.
Dude, this woman is flaky so tread very carefully if you're willing to give her a second chance. As you can see she puts her friends ahead of you and wastes your time with the maybe date that doesn't go through.

How did your conversation go about the fact you were supposed to have a date Saturday but that she was missing in action?

Old 06-19-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
In the early dating stages, the guy should not be paying for dates all the time. It may be "only" $20 but if she isn't willing to do something in return, why would he spend so much early on (driving to her, etc.) This is why dating gurus advise guy to use the KISS strategy (keep it simple stupid).

By the way what does me rewarding colleagues with fruit have to do with this thread? Seems like an off topic comment.

it's related. because you are using things (dinner, fruit) to elicit or reward behavior. but i really doubt that other people really care about the fruit and dinner specifically. people bring in treats to share at work, just because and its not about the cost of the dinner or driving.

it's supposed to be about creating the opportunity to get to know someone. keeping it inexpensive in the beginning makes sense, but still nothing is owed in return. of course if she isn't attracted to you after a date or two, what's the point of continuing. but she isn't using you. she is using the date as a way to figure this out.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,475,171 times
Quote:
Who the hell still has tivo? I'm saving to MOVE not to buy no damm summer clothes
People that aren't broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships