Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times

Advertisements

raptor-jesus wrote:
Quote:
So it's actuallly the other way around, its for the mans own good not to pursue women with more money.
What you really haven't explained at all is your fixation on the income of two potential partners. Who cares who makes the most money? You're leaving out the really important concerns such as personality, compatability, what things you have in common, etc. Income and tax brackets aren't particularly important in the overall scheme of things concerning relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 02:26 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor-jesus View Post

Women should be cute, sweet, passive, kind and feminine and not venture into things that men do.
Agreed.

The world outside of my kitchen is so scary. I am only in this discussion because my husband allowed me to use the computer.

Last edited by LadyR1990; 07-02-2011 at 02:46 PM..

Old 07-02-2011, 05:03 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
If you're going to be old-fashioned, be old-fashioned all the way. At the same time, you have to get with the times. Look, if a woman is interested in me then she has to make the first move. If I'm interested in her, I'll do work. Doesn't matter who makes the most money, just how they manage it. It's not that hard.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
What is this obsession with being old fashioned - and having to be either completely old fashioned or not at all? I just don't get it! Since when did this become a rule?

There are ways in which I'm old fashioned. For me, personally, I did not want to have children out of wedlock. I wanted to be married first. I don't care what others do - and for gay people in most states - this is impossible so obviously that point is moot with them anyway. But for me - I wanted to be married before I started a family. Also - being married is important to me. Not that I had to get married just to get married - but I knew when I found the right one, that I would not be satisfied simply being in a committed relationship. Once again - different strokes for different folks - but this is what is right for me. These are more old fashioned ideas. However, I would never marrry someone with out sleeping with them first. I also lived with my husband for awhile before we got married. These are not old fashioned ideas.

Do I like being the one pursued as opposed to being the pursuer? Yes. This isn't because I'm old fashioned or a woman - this is simply because I like being pursued. Doesn't everyone like being pursued? Have I been the pursuer before? Yes.

Who the hell decided that people have to be old fashioned in every way or in no way? The thought police?

Old 07-02-2011, 05:25 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:
Men also like to be the providers, and are the traditional bread winners. Men traditonally earns more money.

In what way is a relationship where the man chases a more succesfull woman balanced? It's to much of a disadvantage for the man.

So, I should try not to be successful because it might make some man feel bad about himself? What a weak person a man like that would be. A real man would think to himself...wow, more money means more for both of us.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 PM

104 posts, read 108,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
So, I should try not to be successful because it might make some man feel bad about himself? What a weak person a man like that would be. A real man would think to himself...wow, more money means more for both of us.
Not at all. It just means men who are more succesful than you will have to chase you.

Women who want men with less money to pursue them are just looking to have all the power in the relatonship, women like that want the relationship to be one sided in their favor. Thats a red flag.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:34 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:
Not at all. It just means men who are more succesful than you will have to chase you.

Women who want men with less money to pursue them are just looking to have all the power in the relatonship, women like that want the relationship to be one sided in their favor. Thats a red flag.

I am sure that you know all women and their motivation for their actions. I, however, do not presume to know what anyone thinks other than myself. I judge people on who they are, not by what amount of money they have or by the possessions they own. A red flag is a man who would worry about power in the relationship.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM

104 posts, read 108,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I am sure that you know all women and their motivation for their actions. I, however, do not presume to know what anyone thinks other than myself. I judge people on who they are, not by what amount of money they have or by the possessions they own. A red flag is a man who would worry about power in the relationship.
You say that... But like I said to another poster... I'd bet a horse that if a woman pursued a man with more money than her, you would defenitley think thats unfair and unbalanced and that the man has the upper hand in the relationship.

Note, I only use women pursuing men examples for arguements sake. I dont really think women should pursue men.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:46 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,900 times
Quote:

Why can't women understand this simple concept?

It's not even sexist.

The person with more money does the chasing.

A simple concept that cannot be accepted.

No, it won't make a guy feel bad about himself.

But, let them claim ambition and a salary, while they sit in their office hoping a guy comes along.

It's sexist to think a man should be the one to take the reins of a relationship all the time.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:48 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,900 times
I don't see how ambitious women can't do like Michelle Obama and go for the man they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships