Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:06 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor-jesus View Post
I didn't say that. Women can earn more money than men, but in a relationship the man should earn more money AND should do the pursuing. If the couple is old-fashioned.

It evens out and makes for a balanced and harmonious relationship since the guy does the pursuing.
What is old fashioned anyway?

The backbone of economics is supply and demand. I think that is old fashioned. If a woman makes more money, its economics, and should have no impact on romance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 06:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Although not all are selfless I do know that. But same goes for men.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:07 PM

104 posts, read 108,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why not? If the lady made the money a man then can't be cheap. It's my money bub. But most ladies baby their men and give them the new golf club they want, the leather briefcase they want, nice vehicle while they drive the bomb.
A man who takes gifts or money from a woman, is not a real man. It would be embarrasing to get a gift from a woman...

Old 07-01-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
What is old fashioned anyway?

The backbone of economics is supply and demand. I think that is old fashioned. If a woman makes more money, its economics, and should have no impact on romance.
I just dont think it's good if the woman has all the power and all the advantages in a relationship. There should be some balance.

It shouldn't be the other way around either.

Quote:
A man who takes gifts or money from a woman, is not a real man. It would be embarrasing to get a gift from a woman...
Have you ever received a gift from a woman?

Quote:
Why? I know some men are very proud of their wives. Or yes some wear the pants in their relationship.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Why? I know some men are very proud of their wives. Or yes some wear the pants in their relationship.
If she did the pursuing then yes.

But if the man did the pursuing and she earned more money... Dont you see that the woman in that case would have total power over the man and all the advantages over him?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Why not? If the lady made the money a man then can't be cheap. It's my money bub. But most ladies baby their men and give them the new golf club they want, the leather briefcase they want, nice vehicle while they drive the bomb.
Well, i've never actually worried about receiving gifts since I was a child.

I'd accept gifts, but I don't make hints at something i want or ask her to get me gifts.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
If she did the pursuing then yes.

But if the man did the pursuing and she earned more money... Dont you see that the woman in that case would have total power over the man and all the advantages over him?
No not at all, it's the same way reversed. If a husband is an arse to his wife because he makes more, she then can leave him. The same goes for the man.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I just dont think it's good if the woman has all the power and all the advantages in a relationship. There should be some balance.

It shouldn't be the other way around either.
Okay, when I read about power and advantages in marriage, I can't help but think of a frightened man.

If this man has power amongst other men, he probably got it the "old fashioned" way, he sought weaker men to rule over. Cough. Fear.

If this man, however, is one of the weaker men, who is ruled by a more "powerful" man, he certainly doesn't want his wife to know this. He also certainly doesn't want a wife who is smarter than he is because she would then easily figure out he is not the most powerful man.

Where is that picture with the men fighting with clubs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships