Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: In terms of physical compatibility, which trait would you be more inclined to overlook?
Race: I'd sooner date a taller man of a race I don't normally prefer. 14 26.92%
Height: I'd sooner date a shorter man of a race I do prefer. 11 21.15%
Race and height are equally important to me when choosing a mate. 11 21.15%
Neither of these traits is important to me when choosing a mate. 16 30.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

The most common answer is height.

It's the easiest answer, even if they don't want to say the real reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 08:05 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The most common answer is height.

It's the easiest answer, even if they don't want to say the real reason.
i would have to agree.

however, it sucks doubly more if the guy is both short AND of a race different from that of the woman he is interested in. in that case it's pretty much a lost cause

Old 07-08-2011, 08:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Neither. My biggest deal breaker would be lack of a sense of humor. If you don't have a sense of humor - you're out.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Neither. My biggest deal breaker would be lack of a sense of humor. If you don't have a sense of humor - you're out.
I guess it depends on the type of humor the person uses? Or do you just like guys who try to make you laugh?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I guess it depends on the type of humor the person uses? Or do you just like guys who try to make you laugh?
I guess I should say a compatible sense of humor. Let's put it this way - sometimes when I'm mad at my husband -he can somehow make me laugh instead. We work well together! Back before we were dating - we would leave each other phone messages that were super long - just rambling on and on and on - because we knew that at that time, we couldn't delete the message with out listening to the whole thing! He's always made me laugh. Every serious boyfriend I have had has made me laugh. With out laughter - I wouldn't even consider dating someone.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I guess I should say a compatible sense of humor. Let's put it this way - sometimes when I'm mad at my husband -he can somehow make me laugh instead. We work well together! Back before we were dating - we would leave each other phone messages that were super long - just rambling on and on and on - because we knew that at that time, we couldn't delete the message with out listening to the whole thing! He's always made me laugh. Every serious boyfriend I have had has made me laugh. With out laughter - I wouldn't even consider dating someone.
hell, if my friends let my calls go to the answering machine, I will make sure I leave a long winded message about nothing, often times it is just rambling or a really random event.

I think I had a message that lasted 10 minutes once. My friends who listened to it were in tears. The friend who got the message kept it for about a year before he upgraded his phone.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
hell, if my friends let my calls go to the answering machine, I will make sure I leave a long winded message about nothing, often times it is just rambling or a really random event.

I think I had a message that lasted 10 minutes once. My friends who listened to it were in tears. The friend who got the message kept it for about a year before he upgraded his phone.
That's awesome! Like I said, height, race, hair color, nose, money, etc. - who cares? If you can make me laugh - you're in! I also like someone with a brain in their head - but laughter is definitely my biggest deal breaker!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
That's awesome! Like I said, height, race, hair color, nose, money, etc. - who cares? If you can make me laugh - you're in! I also like someone with a brain in their head - but laughter is definitely my biggest deal breaker!
If there were more women like you in the world, I'd probably have many more dates!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
If there were more women like you in the world, I'd probably have many more dates!
I have full confidence that you'll find your Frog Princess!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I have full confidence that you'll find your Frog Princess!
Ah, knowing my luck I'd hop right by her and not notice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships