Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:17 PM

406 posts, read 581,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Why do women think a man should keep trying if she doesn't seem interested at all?

Because they read books like The Rules and think men will chase if they play HTG. What they don't realize is some men have options and refuse to chase.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,653,266 times
Playing hard to get is mean! I understand not being so easy you look desperate but come on! That's gotta be a really painful c-block for the poor guy!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,209,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
I am notorious at playing hard to get with men that I'm interested in or are interested in me, but when I beat around the bush, men become disinterested. Why? Would you rather women be easy & forward?
Umm, because it pisses us off? Women think that we can read signs and subtleties, and body language, and decipher double-language.

Women would have a lot more success if they'd just tell us what they want.

"Easy" is different than "forward", too.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 PM

550 posts, read 605,440 times
Operative word is "play". That means you are playing games. It's okay for a woman to show interest without coming off as desperate. With so many "independent" women out there, a man shouldn't have to break his back for their attention. My philosophy is if a woman is in to me she won't play hard to get. If she does, that means she's not really interested. At least that's how I take it. And for every woman who plays hard to get, there are others who won't. Why waste your time....

Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Umm, because it pisses us off? Women think that we can read signs and subtleties, and body language, and decipher double-language.

If you think about it, women play hard to get. Same reason why they are not known to be forward or brave when it comes to relationships. Therefore, they rely on hints, sending messages with someone, body language, signs, etc.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:28 PM

550 posts, read 605,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post

I don't think it's that they want us to read minds. I think a lot of women's sense of self worth is inflated and unrealistic. They want you to "work for it" when countless other guys before you didn't have to. If I have no emotions invested in a woman, why would I engage in a cat-and-mouse game? That's silly and juvenile. Give me a legitimate reason to like you first then I'll go that extra mile.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,209,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If you think about it, women play hard to get. Same reason why they are not known to be forward or brave when it comes to relationships. Therefore, they rely on hints, sending messages with someone, body language, signs, etc.
Oh, I know.

I just hate it when they play games, because someone inevitably gets miffed- "Why does she always play games?" "Why does he always play games? Why won't he just ask me out?"

Ladies, if you play games, expect a man to play back. If you don't like it, don't get offended when we act/become disinterested. We do that because we can't get a POSITIVE, SOLID response from you.

And women say men don't communicate well

anyways, rant mode is off. I love women, just hate some of the **** some of them pull (and I'd be lying if I said I was an angel myself)

Old 07-19-2011, 05:35 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,239,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
I am notorious at playing hard to get with men that I'm interested in or are interested in me, but when I beat around the bush, men become disinterested. Why? Would you rather women be easy & forward?

Going on a limb here but, most men played that version of Yahtzee 40 years ago....got to have more than playing hard to get to get anyone's interest nowadays. Didn't know there were any of you left out there...amazing....

Nah....we live in a fast-food-pleasure society. Here today, gone later today....busy busy busy....heck, even some DMV's are getting streamlined. And who ever thought that was possible? No, for our money, we are going to give you your 15 seconds of self-appointed fame and that's about it.....then, we are off to your friends if for no other reason than to see YOUR face when you see OUR faces appear on Facebook. Complete with pressed smiles and poses only a teeny bopping college kid could love......

Nope. Just can't do it anymore....better to have loved and lost....your friends, than to put up with the spin on your head routine....anymore....

But hey, that's just me. You know, if I had to give an opinion....juuuuuust spit-balling here.....listen Illiana, better to get off the dime and nab Javier before he's off with Raquel, your soon-to-be-ex-best-friend-forever!!!

Egads.....:smac k:

Old 07-19-2011, 05:35 PM

483 posts, read 1,561,197 times
Most attractive younger women play hard-to-get. They are "testing" how much the guy likes them, plus they have so many guys chasing them that they enjoy the power they possess. It feels good to have 5 guys courting you

There is a difference between a women who likes a guy but plays hard to get, and a woman who truly isn't interested. You can tell by her body language when she's around you, the way she talks, her tone of voice, the way she dresses, whether she's willing to go out 1-on-1 or she only wants to go in a group.

Then after the courting is over and I "get her", I sleep with her several times then dump her, to teach her a lesson for playing these games.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:46 PM

406 posts, read 581,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Then after the courting is over and I "get her", I sleep with her several times then dump her, to teach her a lesson for playing these games.

And well-deserved. You play games, you deserve whatever you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.