Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. Did you ever watch Mystery Science Theater 2000?
That's what my friends said we were like, except with far more beer involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I think that often women think men care about all the little details they fuss over about their bodies and image and for the most part we really don't care.

To me, as long as you are not annoying, are reasonably attractive and fit, have a job and put out frequently and consistently plus show some enthusiasm while doing so, you are good to go for me. I don't care what race you are, short or tall, big or small boobs, blonde or brunette, whatever. I do have some religious and political lines however, that I draw after the first 2 or 3 meetups though.
I think in the beginning of a 'relationship' most guys don't care because they have a woman willing to get down and dirty with them. After that newness wears off, the nit pickiness comes into play. I've talked to many of my guy friends who complain about silly stuff regarding their girlfriends appearance....everything from the way their boobs sit to their oddly shaped toenails. One of my friends even offered to pay for a boob job for his ex because her boobs were 'slightly different'. She had always been fine with them and after that, she obsessed about the very small size difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 12:34 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,146,285 times
I was in San Marco, Venice, Italy on vacation once not too long ago. Remember those commericals where the husband surprises his wife with a big fat diamond ring in that same place, as the pigeons flap around?

So as we are leaving the square, my wife gets pouty and says she was expecting something like that.

I said "Do we have $5000 laying around that I don't know about?"

So yeah...

Old 07-20-2011, 12:37 PM

951 posts, read 1,813,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So its true, men dont really have any expectations as long as they have sex?
Then the smart ones have no expectations at all!

Old 07-20-2011, 12:39 PM

951 posts, read 1,813,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I was in San Marco, Venice, Italy on vacation once not too long ago. Remember those commericals where the husband surprises his wife with a big fat diamond ring in that same place, as the pigeons flap around?

So as we are leaving the square, my wife gets pouty and says she was expecting something like that.

I said "Do we have $5000 laying around that I don't know about?"

So yeah...
Most women are in their forties before they realize that money doesn't grow on trees.

Younger horny guys try to make them believe that it does.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,701,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think I agree with wanneroo. Cosmo typically has pretty explicit stuff on its cover, like "10 Tips to Drive your Man Wild in Bed," "The Sexual Trick That Will Have Him Screaming for More," "How to Make Him Beg For It," and frequent references to the G-spot or orgasms. It's pretty common around here to see Cosmo covered up in the grocery aisles, because enough people complained about children seeing that stuff.

Cosmo is pretty tawdry compared to other women's mags, even the other fashion types.
I was referring to the explicitness of the models on the magazine covers (which I believe wanneroo was also referring to).

Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM

3,737 posts, read 5,793,470 times
I think films....particularly 'Chick Flicks'....give Women unrealistic expectations about EVERYTHING.

Chick Flicks show the World as if it really worked like the lowest-common-denominator Female Brain worked.

The rest of Moviedom seems to show the world as if it works like a really, really stupid drugged-out, lowest-common-denominator Male Brain works.

Except, there are the 'artistic films', which show the world through the eyes of a Schizophrenic with 'Creative' pretensions.

None of these models are of much use to one who is trying to learn about the World. Maybe that's why we have so many people running around practically hard-wired with grotesquely distorted views of Life and how things work.

And yeah, films teach Women to go after just the strangest and most dysfunctional chaps.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:46 PM

36,690 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Most women are in their forties before they realize that money doesn't grow on trees.

Younger horny guys try to make them believe that it does.
Oh, BS.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:55 PM

733 posts, read 1,048,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
No Cosmo covers are not as explicit as Maxim or FHM, etc. Not even close. Different posing, outfits, amount of nudity, etc. You are just looking for a double standard there.

Besides, the checkout area has more fashion, lifestyle, cooking, and tabloid magazines.
Maxim and FHM don't have explicit covers at all; Typically, just women in bathing suits or workout clothes, very similar to Cosmo covers. BTW, Maxim and others are just Cosmo for men. No nudity or erotic stuff, just articles catering to men.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:55 PM

36,690 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I think that often women think men care about all the little details they fuss over about their bodies and image and for the most part we really don't care.

To me, as long as you are not annoying, are reasonably attractive and fit, have a job and put out frequently and consistently plus show some enthusiasm while doing so, you are good to go for me. I don't care what race you are, short or tall, big or small boobs, blonde or brunette, whatever. I do have some religious and political lines however, that I draw after the first 2 or 3 meetups though.

Thats funny, because its true.
But would you care to elaborate on frequently and consistantly?

Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
BTW, Maxim and others are just Cosmo for men.
I find Maxim to be of better quality and I like reading it. I used to read Cosmo, but it seems like they dust the same ol' crap every couple of years and I got tired of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships