Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:37 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times

Advertisements

The easiest way to recognize a "player" is by his personal Facebook page.
If the attractive females on his list outweigh the males, old folks, and relatives then there's a 99% chance he is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Of course, older men are better at playing the game.
Disagree. The older you are the less likely you will have any interest in playing the game at all.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Disagree. The older you are the less likely you will have any interest in playing the game at all.
Not necessarily... There are some seasoned players.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
The easiest way to recognize a "player" is by his personal Facebook page.
If the attractive females on his list outweigh the males, old folks, and relatives then there's a 99% chance he is one.
Lol, friends mean nothing. Lot of people have like 1,000 friends they they don't even know whether attractive or not. People just add and accept.

Pictures mean nothing too.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:50 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,876,952 times
Default Oh con-trare oh capitan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Lol, friends mean nothing. Lot of people have like 1,000 friends they they don't even know whether attractive or not. People just add and accept.

Pictures mean nothing too.
Depends on the age... remember... it's all in the perspective thing.. LOL

An older man is a lot more skeptical... remember the "virtual" friendship thing is just beginning to trickle into the "boomer" babies realm. I'm not saying that there aren't some of us that started in its beginnings but I've always been a "techo geek"

Most "boomers" have family and people that are close friends. They are very guarded in who they accept as a friend on their facebook page due to lack of trust.. "identity" theft.... etc. I knew and have run across "seasoned" players.. and yes indeed the women definitely out number the men on their pages... 80% to 20% ... too funny... What are they thinking?? LOL ... I know I never asked to be their facebook "friend"... didn't want the others to have access to my page even though I moved on very fast.

I can recognize one now by a few of these lines...

"oh I might not be able to talk with you for a while, I'm very busy".. or "So much is going on in my life right now and I don't like it because it keeps me from you" (this is for sympathy)... my favorite.. "I've had to help a sick friend".. "They needed to help this sick friend build something in their home and it was a long drive so they had to stay a few days" 10 miles... GEEZ... yes born at night but not last night LOL>>>> roflmao

Watch the eyes... body language... the words are rehearsed.. the body will give it away

Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 PM

There are all kinds of people on there depending on their privacy settings. Some will accept and some won't if you don't know them. So whats the big deal if women outnumber the females? Some people want to be popular and get attention. A lot of them have businesses and like to network.

Body language and eyes on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Depends on the age... remember... it's all in the perspective thing.. LOL

An older man is a lot more skeptical... remember the "virtual" friendship thing is just beginning to trickle into the "boomer" babies realm. I'm not saying that there aren't some of us that started in its beginnings but I've always been a "techo geek"

Most "boomers" have family and people that are close friends. They are very guarded in who they accept as a friend on their facebook page due to lack of trust.. "identity" theft.... etc. I knew and have run across "seasoned" players.. and yes indeed the women definitely out number the men on their pages... 80% to 20% ... too funny... What are they thinking?? LOL ... I know I never asked to be their facebook "friend"... didn't want the others to have access to my page even though I moved on very fast.

I can recognize one now by a few of these lines...

"oh I might not be able to talk with you for a while, I'm very busy".. or "So much is going on in my life right now and I don't like it because it keeps me from you" (this is for sympathy)... my favorite.. "I've had to help a sick friend".. "They needed to help this sick friend build something in their home and it was a long drive so they had to stay a few days" 10 miles... GEEZ... yes born at night but not last night LOL>>>> roflmao

Watch the eyes... body language... the words are rehearsed.. the body will give it away

Old 08-06-2011, 12:30 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
They always feel threatened by threads like these.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:49 AM

Default Texas... question was how to spot a player...

Quote:
There are all kinds of people on there depending on their privacy settings. Some will accept and some won't if you don't know them. So whats the big deal if women outnumber the females? Some people want to be popular and get attention. A lot of them have businesses and like to network.

Body language and eyes on Facebook?
The original question was how to tell or recognize a player... not how to tell on facebook...

yes I was going to add about the security but you can still have security and view a persons main screen and their friends... My point was not all people accept every invitation due to privacy and they aren't looking for popularity... If a player is smart (usually they are) they limit who they accept as a friend but they also like the "trophy" and bragging rights...

hard to grasp the difference in attitudes and technology but I am very familier since my two children are 21 and 26... they have hundreds of friends.. some they don't even know... my circle of friends... definitely not the same thing...

just my 2 cents... and my observations Texas... from the over 50 crowd and the "seasoned" player observation and encounters...

Old 08-06-2011, 01:59 PM

My response was to Picklejuice. You mean a player can be someone on Facebook if they have 100 females compare to 1000 feamle friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
The original question was how to tell or recognize a player... not how to tell on facebook...

yes I was going to add about the security but you can still have security and view a persons main screen and their friends... My point was not all people accept every invitation due to privacy and they aren't looking for popularity... If a player is smart (usually they are) they limit who they accept as a friend but they also like the "trophy" and bragging rights...

hard to grasp the difference in attitudes and technology but I am very familier since my two children are 21 and 26... they have hundreds of friends.. some they don't even know... my circle of friends... definitely not the same thing...

just my 2 cents... and my observations Texas... from the over 50 crowd and the "seasoned" player observation and encounters...

Old 08-06-2011, 04:30 PM

Default Geez....

Quote:
My response was to Picklejuice. You mean a player can be someone on Facebook if they have 100 females compare to 1000 feamle friend?
never mind Tex...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships