Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 PM

406 posts, read 581,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Ultimately, men benefit from pursuing women, or they wouldn't do it. Men don't chase women because they are great humanitarians.

Women would benefit just as much by doing the same exact thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 05:45 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
That's right. You have the right to have whatever sexist beliefs you want, as I do, and we both have the right to point out how sexist and unequal one anothers beliefs may be : )
For what point? I don't start threads or posts saying my way is right. I'm saying live your life the way you want, just stop complaining.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:45 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
That's right, there is no umbrella. Women can be just as sexist as men can be, they can be hypocritical, and a man who calls out a hypocritical B is not being any more bitter or sexist than a woman who calls out a hypocritical man. If women don't want to be called selfish B's, maybe they should elaborate on the things they think women should do for men, instead of being so focused on what they should receive from men.
Well, I think women generally do a whole lot for men generally. I think both genders do a great deal for each other. I can say this, you will not find yourself a progressive woman who has an interest in caring for you as an equal in every way if you use bigoted terms. I know this because I'm that kind of woman, I hang out with those kinds of women, and we all end up with specific types of men; men who have more class than that. And you will never find a woman like me disparaging men at large. People with their shyte together don't do that. Any how, selfish people end up with selfish people- likes with likes. That's the way of it. If you want a better woman, then be a better man.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:46 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,482,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Women would benefit just as much by doing the same exact thing.
But why would they if guys are so willing to do it first?

Old 07-23-2011, 05:47 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,050,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For what point? I don't start threads or posts saying my way is right. I'm saying live your life the way you want, just stop complaining.
you tell women to stop complaining if they mention something that some men do?

Old 07-23-2011, 05:47 PM

406 posts, read 581,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
But why would they if guys are so willing to do it first?

Because they're lazy. And most guys do it because they have to, not because they want to.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:49 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,482,948 times
Quote:
Because they're lazy. And most guys do it because they have to, not because they want to.
No such thing as dating because you have to.
Of course they want to.
And they want it more.

Think about it...if every guy on the planet stopped asking women out, THEN you might see some change. Right now it's too easy to let it all come to us.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:50 PM

819 posts, read 1,131,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
progressive woman
Only guys who have a seriously lack of testosterone want a "progressive woman". Gender roles exist because there's a biological basis. Ignoring biology and shoehorning some misguided sense of equality into modern society has done nothing but destroy everything good about relationships. Masculine women are NOT appealing whatsoever. This has nothing to do with being independent. I fail to see why these two concepts are perpetually confused.

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
Quote:
So - because I have often had many guys pursuing me - this means I'm lazy?

Once again, your logic eludes me.

77 posts, read 152,018 times
Quote:
Exactly about the second sentence. In the thread about who pays for dates, some posters mentioned they wouldn't date men that insisted going dutch right from the start. Such men were called cheapos, not real men, without class, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships