Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:40 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,227,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
Might be time to put on your big boy pants and grow up! Your going to med school...god help us!
At least he has the balls to admit it. A lot of people who have done the things he's done are always blaming putting the blame on the person who they cheated on which pisses me off to no end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM

79 posts, read 115,932 times
Well OP, here is my .02...

Tell your gf the truth. Why? Because she deserves it. You've become attached to the tease because she has qualities your gf doesn't have and she taps something inside you. I also say dump the tease as well. You're trying to rationalize your behavior and that's not right. You've invested 5 years with someone who has basically been your backbone, in a sense.. a buffer so to speak. Good luck in med school but, refrain from dating until you are whole within yourself & develop respect.. but, dont be surprised if one day, the tables are turned. I hear that karma gal is a real...

Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 AM

22,414 posts, read 29,539,202 times
OP-Let me give you some quick words of advice..You are going to regret this little fling for the rest of your life if your girlfriend of 5 years finds out and leave your ass sitting in the dust. Your GF obviously has helped you get your shyt together whereas you'd be sitting in a alley or a morge right now if it wasn't for her. Get rid of this other complete whorebag RIGHT NOW!! Anyone who cheats on their bf of 2 years and entices someone else who's in a 5 year with a GOOD PERSON is a POS and will never be the woman your gf currently is..Good luck because your gonna need it..

Old 07-27-2011, 11:30 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,807,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
At least he has the balls to admit it. A lot of people who have done the things he's done are always blaming putting the blame on the person who they cheated on which pisses me off to no end.
So minorly blaming it on himself via a public forum but continuing the basic charade of deceit is OK in your moral book?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 AM

3 posts, read 2,874 times
It's pretty simple. Find a partner who is okay with a poly-amorous relationshipn your end, only. Get out of the relationship with your GF and GF #2, because (1) GF #1 is not into your poly-amorous behavior and (2) you're not okay with GF #2's poly-amorous behavior.

Find a bisexual girl who is happy to share you with other women, but wants no part of other men.

They do exist, and there's nothing wrong with such a thing.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,227,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So minorly blaming it on himself via a public forum but continuing the basic charade of deceit is OK in your moral book?
Now where the hell did I say that?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,359,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barclay09 View Post
I'm a scumbag; would like advice from normal people
My advice is stop trolling internet forums.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:55 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,716,579 times
Quote:
I wanted to be real careful about this relationship so I never went out or partied, used substance, avoided Vegas like it was Juarez, or even talked to other girls - who weren't her friends.
Problem, addict places responsibility of rehabilitation on outside factors.

Quote:
...a girl who was prude but flirty... got a lot hotter and more promiscuous... She Facebook friended me and started messaging me. We talked a lot... naked pictures... webcammed...
The girl is a drug to your brain. Do you see where this is headed?

Quote:
All through this time, I was talking to my close friends who disapproved but tried to help me ease my conscience by saying it isn't real if it happens over the Internet.
Friends to you: "Hey buddy, it's OK that you're using meth, just don't let it affect your life and you'll be fine."

Solution: Ditch the morons.

Quote:
After crossing that line, I crossed the big line maybe 3 months ago.
You're in trouble, not because of this, because you are following a bad pattern of behavior which, in the presence of drugs, will be the end of whatever nice life you thought you were going to have.

Quote:
This started making me insanely jealous to the point where I told her I didn't want to see her anymore because I was getting attached (I didn't talk about the other guys). I was really cool about it when I actually told her whereas in reality I'm extremely, extremely attached now.
Translation: "I told Crystal Meth that I didn't want to see her anymore, but I was getting really ADDICTED to her so I'm thinking of staying ADDICTED to her despite how it may very well ruin my life because I'm ADDICTED to her."
Quote:
I feel like this is an isolated incident because it was just by chance / the mutual attraction / and history.
Oh yeah, it always is a random chance or bad karma or someone else's fault.

Quote:
...taking the whole picture into view: that she has no idea about it, that we have a stable relationship, that I'm a good boyfriend...
Yeah, you're a good boyfriend because she doesn't know about it. Now I've heard everything.

Ok, now, listen up. From your dependence on your girlfriend, to playing into the arms of some girl who probably has 5 other guys just like you, to making excuses for your behavior, to presuming yourself unable to control your urges... you're on a very bad path. You already know this, but you're unable to outrun the fact that YOU ARE ADDICTED to this drug--I mean girl.

You're using your girlfriend as the reason for your success, and therefore she may also be a good excuse for your eventual failure. If you don't see the problem that's being created here, you need to take a step back and look at the big picture. Until you take responsibility for what you do and what you achieve, you will always have an excuse.

I disagree that you need counseling, but you can buy a counselor a new boat to tell you what you already know, and to make you follow through on the things that you won't, if you feel the need. It's probably what your girlfriend is doing anyway.

Sorry if this came off as blunt, but there is no polite way to tell you that you're a hot mess, and not doing a good job of cleaning up either.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,216,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Option 5 - You're really not committed to your girlfriend, so maybe you should break up with her and take up with this other woman.
Option 6: Get yourself into therapy to uncover why you can act in with such disregard for others, act in a reprehensible manner and feel no remorse. Until then, cease all interpersonal relationships since you cannot even pick friends whose ethics are not reprehensible.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,476,096 times
Yes, you're right - you pretty much are a scumbag. I noticed that none of your options included this one: come clean with your girlfriend about your cheating and leave the relaionship so that she can get on with her life and find a decent man who will treat her with the respect she deserves.

Also, you should never be in a romantic relationship again in your life as you will inevitably hurt the woman unlucky enough to get involved with you. You don't have it in you to be a decent and loyal partner. So just sleep around with loose women and be up front that you're just interested in sex. There are enough who are up for it that you shouldn't have to hurt people's feeling through the construct of a sham relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships