Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,619 times

Advertisements

that makes him boyfriend material, or just makes him attractive, desired by girls, women, it really pisses me off, frustrates me, makes me angry, because it always or usually seems what determines a guy's success with girls, women, is his social skills, conversation skills, overall, his ability to talk to people and socialize with them, converse. Even if a girl was socially impaired, she can still get a guy, won't struggle like a guy, even if the girl was the initiator. Also, the guy has to have ambition and drive, have a passion for something, he has to have a life, have things going for him, he has to be a challenge, he has to have confidence, after all, confidence is a mental, attitude thing. All a girl needs to be in order to be girlfriend material is to be pretty, hot, good-looking, with just an average personality, it's like, us guys have to be decent looking as well, we have to walk right, sit right, stand right, breathe right, think right, talk right, have the right attitude, the right mentality, the right social skills, the right conversation skills, have a passion for something, be involved with or in something, have a life, be a leader not a follower, be outgoing meanwhile girls don't have to be, be confident meanwhile girls dont' have to be, it's like us guys have to be perfect everything, all girls have to do is welcome or deny advances, they have all the choosing, selecting power. Most guys will accept and date a girl who is bratty or boring, has no life, as long as she is very hot, it's easier to visually, physically appealing to someone than it is to be verbally, socially, mentally appealing to someone.
if a girl is very hot and cute, pretty, she has already met the requirements that guys look for in a girlfriend most of the time. In order for a guy to attract a girl, he has to have the right attitude, the right mindset, the right mentality, the right way of thinking, good conversation skills and social skills, it all comes down to the words and sentences that come out of his mouth, if a guy makes a mistake when flirting or talking to a girl, the girl rejects him instantly. A girl can say something stupid or weird, awkward in a conversation, bring up a boring conversation topic, and guys will not get turned off. Also, David DeAngelo said this: "When a man sees a beautiful, young, sexy woman, he INSTANTLY feels a sexual attraction.

But does the same apply for women?

Do women feel sexual attraction to men based mostly on looks? Or is something else going on?

Well, after studying this topic for over five full years now, I can tell you that women usually have their "attraction mechanisms" triggered by things OTHER than looks."

Why are girls, women like this?"

Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times

Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
I think the problem may lie in wanting to be successful with "women" instead of one woman.

If you're just looking for the one right person for you, then you'll probably be successful fairly quickly. But if you're looking for success with women in general? Good luck! That's a very rare thing, and frankly in my opinion, not worth much. You really only need one partner at a time to be happy!

Old 08-23-2011, 01:10 AM

a girl just needs to look good and be cute, hot, in order to get a guy.I'm going to argue right here and I don't care what you think of me, I don't care if it sounds annoying, because obviously I don't care what all of you think of me. This is a complaint because the way I see it, the way I view the dating and relationship world, scene, is that girls have it way easier than us guys, and nobody can change my opinion, aside from the fact that us guys have to initiate everything, these are the main reasons why I think girls have it easier. Girls just have to look good, be hot, born cute, be pretty, that's all, nothing else, zero, nada, zip. A girl can have no life, have a negative attitude, have no confidence, have low self-esteem, not value herself, have little or no friends, be a boring person, have no passion for anything, have no goals and no ambition or drive be stupid, retarded, bratty, whine and mope around all the time, etc. Like I said, a girl just has to be hot and cute, pretty, that's all, nothing else literally. Overall, a girl can be negative everything but if she is at least very hot, good-looking, us guys will still accept her, still consider her girlfriend material. Like when us guys see a very hot girl, well mainly me, I am like "who cares about her personality? I like her already" However for us guys, what I hate and despise is that it always comes down to our social skills and conversation skills that determines our success with the ladies. In order for us guys to be "boyfriend material", we have to walk right, sit right, stand right, talk right, think right, breathe right, have the right attitude, the right mentality, the right way of thinking, the right mindset, have a leadership-type attitude, have a passion for something, be interesting, have hobbies and passions for things, we have to say the right things, it always comes down to the words and sentences that come out of our mouth that determine our success with the ladies. We have to have high status, or just high social status, have a life, have an occupation, etc. That's what I really hate about life in general, in order for us guys to be boyfriend or relationship material, we have to have a good attitude, a positive attitude, or just overall comes down to the type of attitude we have, our way of thinking, mentality, our social skills, conversation skills, having our sh*t together, being involved with something or just having a life, be a productive person, see ourselves as an object of power, we have to walk right, stand right, sit right, talk right, think right, breathe a certain way, we have to have dreams and ambition, have a passion for something, we have to be extremely content with yourself and content, have high social status, be a fun or interesting person with a lot of hobbies and the list goes on and on. Because it is way easier to attract people with your looks and body, than it is with your social skills, attitude, mentality, confidence, because Confidence is a Mental thing.
Also, it's okay for girls to seek validation from guys but not okay for guys to seek validation from girls, if a girl is hot, that's all us guys are looking for, nothing else. But even if a guy is very hot, girls will not be attracted to him just yet, they will be wondering "what are his social skills, conversation skills like, his attitude, mentality, mindset, passions, goals, and the list goes on"

Old 08-23-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I think the problem may lie in wanting to be successful with "women" instead of one woman.

If you're just looking for the one right person for you, then you'll probably be successful fairly quickly. But if you're looking for success with women in general? Good luck! That's a very rare thing, and frankly in my opinion, not worth much. You really only need one partner at a time to be happy!
I want to be a one-woman's man, but unfortuneately, a man has to have confidence, and have all of what i listed above in order to be boyfriend material to the woman, but if a woman is hot, she can attract a guy easily

Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 AM

my whole argument is that how it is easier for a girl to get a guy than it is for a guy to get a girl

Old 08-23-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
I want to be a one-woman's man, but unfortuneately, a man has to have confidence, and have all of what i listed above in order to be boyfriend material to the woman, but if a woman is hot, she can attract a guy easily
Both men and women are may be INITIALLY attracted to some one who is hot - but for anything more than one night, there needs to be more to it than just physical attraction.

It's not all that different for women...

Old 08-23-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
my whole argument is that how it is easier for a girl to get a guy than it is for a guy to get a girl
Well when you word it that way, you may be right! Initially. But still, for long term, it's not that different.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Both men and women are may be INITIALLY attracted to some one who is hot - but for anything more than one night, there needs to be more to it than just physical attraction.

It's not all that different for women...
yeah but even when a guy just wants a serious committed long-term relationship, like actual dating, when he see's a hot girl, he is willing to overlook any flaws or red-flags she has, but the same is not for guys

Old 08-23-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Well when you word it that way, you may be right! Initially. But still, for long term, it's not that different.
it's easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend because we guys always have to initiate, we have to not get stuck in the friend-zone, a girl can easily get out of the friend-zone, but not so much a guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.