Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 10:25 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times

Advertisements

NY Annie will soon treat the divine Antlered Chamataka with a sumptuous banquet one of these days

Old 10-08-2011, 10:43 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So I had to leave work early today because my back is killing me. God damn strain.
How'd you hurt your back?

Old 10-08-2011, 12:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
How'd you hurt your back?
I was holding something heavy in my hands and walking when someone called my name from behind, and I went to turn around and my back disagreed.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:29 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Quote:
I was holding something heavy in my hands and walking when someone called my name from behind, and I went to turn around and my back disagreed.
Hmm, you need a good massage Hope ya' have a therapist that can make a house call....

Old 10-08-2011, 12:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Hmm, you need a good massage Hope ya' have a therapist that can make a house call....
lol if I did she would have already been here.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Hehe, when I'm not serious, you'll know. Thanks for the recipe - and the tip on the powdered milk - shopping for that. Sometimes we find the store-bought tortillas a bit rubbery - seems I have a problem with things that remind me of those little pink balls.

I'll let you know how they turn out. What "kind" of plantains do you use for the meatball wraps? green, yellow, or black? My husband is part Spanish and he remembered from his early days (before his mother died) eating them as a snack - just fried plantains with a bit of salt. So I've looked up recipes, checked out Cooking with Daisy, even saw a couple episodes of her show, and threw my hand in the pot with the plantanos and they were just ok. I used green plantains so that might be the problem - they just had a few black spots on them.

I grew up cooking German and Italian foods almost exclusively as that was what the family liked. My husband is much more eclectic in his tastes and we both love Mexican foods - although I will not make green chili soup/stew for him. He can eat that when he is away from me, thank you very much.

So what spices, if any, do you use in your meatballs and what size? I'm assuming the 3" diameter of Italian meatballs is not what you'd wrap in a plantain.
Reason I asked was that...most people usually just buy them being busy with other things. I do it for arm exercise and to bond with my little ones.
I ran out of powdered milk one time and used coffee mate instead...guess what, it tasted better, so that's what I use now. My hubby loves wiener schnitzel!

P.S. I use somewhat "ripe" yellow plantains. Overall spices used in my cooking, bon appetit, Italian, Mexican seasonings, fresh herbs my main, with little secret dashes of something... Regular size used in Spaghetti topping, about 1" in diameter? I experiment a lot when cooking...non-conformist by nature!

Last edited by ans57; 10-08-2011 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-08-2011, 03:38 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
It can never be "I was working on the roof and was carrying 3 squares of shingles at a time up the ladder."

Old 10-08-2011, 03:56 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Reason I asked was that...most people usually just buy them being busy with other things. I do it for arm exercise and to bond with my little ones.
I ran out of powdered milk one time and used coffee mate instead...guess what, it tasted better, so that's what I use now. My hubby loves wiener schnitzel!

P.S. I use somewhat "ripe" yellow plantains. Overall spices used in my cooking, bon appetit, Italian, Mexican seasonings, fresh herbs my main, with little secret dashes of something... Regular size used in Spaghetti topping, about 1" in diameter? I experiment a lot when cooking...non-conformist by nature!
I was raised as an Army brat. We lived 3 year by Mannheim, Germany. Sehr gut (good) wiener schnitzel, sausages (wurst), brotchen's (roll's)...YUM

Guten Tag.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:01 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
It can never be "I was working on the roof and was carrying 3 squares of shingles at a time up the ladder."

You gotta take real good care of your back, or you will suffer much pain fer a long time.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I was raised as an Army brat. We lived 3 year by Mannheim, Germany. Sehr gut (good) wiener schnitzel, sausages (wurst), brotchen's (roll's)...YUM

Guten Tag.
A German chef family friend who would visit and cook dinner for us every now and then...showed me how to make them. First time I tried without him, I burnt it! I didn't slice the meat thin enough and pounded thoroughly or lack of love put into it, I don't really care for dry dishes much except for fish and chips....unless served while still hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships