Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Maybe because you're fighting it.

Accept it, swim in it, luxuriate in it - you'd be surprised how sometimes it disappears once you pay it some attention and stop fighting.

Sort of like erections ...
Yeah, I know.

Stay in the present.

Acceptance.

Yield, or don't fight what "is".

Many easy concepts to talk about, putting into practice is very challenging, old habits seem hard to fade away.

Speaking of "easy" concepts, the four agreements is another.

Be Impeccable With Your Words
Don't Take Anything Personally
Don't Make Assumptions
Always Do Your Best

Simple concepts right? Hard as hell to put into practice.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:42 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I uploaded them! They are in my profile under the "me" album
Lol, silly. You don't sucker. You licker. You sure wouldn't make a very good lesbian.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:10 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I know.

Stay in the present.

Acceptance.

Yield, or don't fight what "is".

Many easy concepts to talk about, putting into practice is very challenging, old habits seem hard to fade away.

Speaking of "easy" concepts, the four agreements is another.

Be Impeccable With Your Words
Don't Take Anything Personally
Don't Make Assumptions
Always Do Your Best

Simple concepts right? Hard as hell to put into practice.

If it were simple, there would be far more extraordinary gentlemen like us.

Besides, I kinda' like the Members Only-feel to the whole thing (and no, no jokes about cheesy 80's branding).

I think many become discouraged when they view these precepts as absolute goals, rather than guideposts along the Way. They can't get their Western "results mind" into lockstep with the philosophy of letting go.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
If it were simple, there would be far more extraordinary gentlemen like us.

Besides, I kinda' like the Members Only-feel to the whole thing (and no, no jokes about cheesy 80's branding).

I think many become discouraged when they view these precepts as absolute goals, rather than guideposts along the Way. They can't get their Western "results mind" into lockstep with the philosophy of letting go.
Yep, I agree, I think our culture is far far far to results driven, don't get me wrong, having a basic direction in life and some goals is fine, we as a culutre get completely and utterly lost in them, to the point that we forget who we are.

It becomes our "identities", heck, you see it all over this forum, not just relationships... not judging here, just simple observations.

I'm guilty of it too, I'm just trying to have some awareness of it and to "see" it as close to the moment of it happening as opposed to later.

Yesterday, I had a dyckhead moment, as opposed to an Oprah inspired "Ah Ha" moment.

I was short and shytty with a clerk, way out of my character. I felt like a jerk afterwards and wondered where that came from, really is out of character for me.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Yep, I agree, I think our culture is far far far to results driven, don't get me wrong, having a basic direction in life and some goals is fine, we as a culutre get completely and utterly lost in them, to the point that we forget who we are.

It becomes our "identities", heck, you see it all over this forum, not just relationships... not judging here, just simple observations.
Same here. Just last night I was dealing with a guy who identified himself by his shiny new silver Lincoln. It got to the point where the girls would say "Here comes Lincoln" every time he walked around. Funny but pathetic at the same time.

Quote:
I'm guilty of it too, I'm just trying to have some awareness of it and to "see" it as close to the moment of it happening as opposed to later.
It's a process ...

Quote:
Yesterday, I have a dyckhead moment, as opposed to an Oprah inspired "Ah Ha" moment.

I was short and shytty with a clerk, way out of my character. I felt like a jerk afterwards and wondered where that came from, really is out of character for me.
Stress does funny things to you - I kicked a puppy today.

JUST KIDDING!

... actually, it was a kitten.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:28 AM

There is a Greek festival happening this weekend.

I see some gyro's in someone's future.....

Old 09-03-2011, 10:35 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Man, I've been sleeping shyty for about a week now. Work stress is getting to me........

I get a technical problem in my head and my mind won't shutdown....
Maybe you need a vacation.

To the Grand Canyon.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Maybe you need a vacation.

To the Grand Canyon.

You little minx.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:17 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
So. Tired. of General. Stupidity. of this Forum.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:26 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
That may have been the most restful drunk sleep I've ever had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships