Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 08:33 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,575,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wish the clocks would turn back already, I'm sitting in my home office looking out the window it's just after six and its still dark...... gloomy.

I prefer EDT; but I wish they would pick one and leave the damn clocks alone.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,205,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
The dark is cOOl . Mother Nature has placed a blanket on the world. The forest critters are out huntin' & playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Never thought of it that way; we go in and they come out.
My rear end. They come in too! Found dog food in a couple drawers and cupboards. The temperature dropped and the mice got in through the dog door again, stealing the food out of the dog dish and are hoarding. I have to take everything out of the kitchen and bleach it to death. I've been through this once before. Forest critters are hunting alright...hunting in my kitchen.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My rear end. They come in too! Found dog food in a couple drawers and cupboards. The temperature dropped and the mice got in through the dog door again, stealing the food out of the dog dish and are hoarding. I have to take everything out of the kitchen and bleach it to death. I've been through this once before. Forest critters are hunting alright...hunting in my kitchen.

Take their GPS away.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

Still pretty green here though it is transitioning.
I'm sure we get the foliage before you guys do. The leaves are just starting to come down. Actually, today is the first day I've noticed it on my property. It still might be too early. Maybe next weekend.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:48 AM

17,642 posts, read 22,663,494 times
Quote:
Mice can come in thru very small spaces like between pipes & walls, come in thru furnace ducting, space between boards, etc, etc.

What i have found that works best is www.ratzapper.com

i wood let them live in peace, but they make a biggun mess

Old 10-15-2011, 10:33 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,205,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Mice can come in thru very small spaces like between pipes & walls, come in thru furnace ducting, space between boards, etc, etc.

What i have found that works best is www.ratzapper.com

i wood let them live in peace, but they make a biggun mess
I already know their route so I've got the glue traps ready and those fit in the drawers real well

Old 10-15-2011, 11:55 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,634,640 times
Quote:
I already know their route so I've got the glue traps ready and those fit in the drawers real well
And that way you can pour a nice glass of Chianti, have some brie and lightly-toasted Melba crackers and listen to Nessun dorma from Giacomo Puccini's Turandot, then watch as they stick to the trap with their little grasping feet and horrified faces and struggle painfully until their untimely death, ripping their dermis off, tearing subcutaneous tissue and losing vital bodily fluids all the while, right?

Old 10-15-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm sure we get the foliage before you guys do. The leaves are just starting to come down. Actually, today is the first day I've noticed it on my property. It still might be too early. Maybe next weekend.
A FB friend posted peak season is supposed to be next weekend in our mountains, sounds a bit early to me but you never know.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:15 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,663,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
And that way you can pour a nice glass of Chianti, have some brie and lightly-toasted Melba crackers and listen to Nessun dorma from Giacomo Puccini's Turandot, then watch as they stick to the trap with their little grasping feet and horrified faces and struggle painfully until their untimely death, ripping their dermis off, tearing subcutaneous tissue and losing vital bodily fluids all the while, right?
Hey it's survival of the fitest at my house...had mice in attic did the old peanutbutter on sticky trap...the guy came back a week later and Jerry & Co. were carted off!

Old 10-15-2011, 12:32 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,663,494 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Hey it's survival of the fitest at my house...had mice in attic did the old peanutbutter on sticky trap...the guy came back a week later and Jerry & Co. were carted off!
The hybrid redneck mice aroun heer are purty smart. But the lectric chair ratZapper gets em...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships