Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Do you mean, "Of which rule have I run afoul?"
Eh, this rule is loooong gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eh, this rule is loooong gone.
Yes, I've heard that. There's a thread about it in the Writing forum. I just couldn't resist.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I know it's spelled malarkey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreeDictionary.com
ma·lar·key also ma·lar·ky (m-lärk)n. Slang Exaggerated or foolish talk, usually intended to deceive: "snookered by a lot of malarkey" (New Republic).

Old 09-01-2011, 02:11 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Heavy makeup always looks cheap and trashy.

Plus, red-painted finger and toenails creep me out. I understand why women use nailpolish but really any color at all seems...wrong to me.

Ditto long nails. Yuck.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:14 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
thats what almost every guy i have come across seems to convey, at least. they keep saying how much they hate girls who look cake faced and made-up but don't look twice at a girl who doesn't have any makeup on. i think the problem here is that they can't usually tell if a girl has makeup on or not. if a girl applies her makeup really well, the foundation she uses to even out her skin tone, eyeliner to enhance her eyes, blush to redden her cheeks and lip color to make them stand out, unless she applies her makeup really obviously like say kim kardashian or something- guys can't tell she has anything on her face. also there's the matter of styling her hair. all the girls i know do not leave their house without straightening or curling their hair into the glossy locks boys seem to think is natural.

on the other hand if a girl leaves the house without using make up to even out her skin tone and hide her blemishes, or color in her eyebrows to make them even and full or not highlight her eyes with eyeliner and mascara, leave her hair in its natural wavy/bushy state...the guys wouldn't look twice at her and think of her as ugly.

so what im getting at is...guys SAY they want their girls natural- but they actually prefer glossed up girls who artfully conceal their imperfections as opposed to those who dare to go barefaced and natural.

is this true?
I prefer minimal minimal, if any makeup on. I don't expect a woman to be perfectly preened and groomed all the time, as every once in a great while, circumstances may not allow it.

For the record, I notice EVERY TIME when a pretty woman isn't wearing any makeup, or is wearing very little... they seem to like that I notice and then compliment them on it

Old 09-01-2011, 02:27 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Yes, I've heard that. There's a thread about it in the Writing forum. I just couldn't resist.
Lets see, morning coffee? *check* Provided two girls mindless entertainment at own expense? *check* Running away? *check*

Old 09-01-2011, 02:38 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
I like both and it depends on the girl. I am instantly turned on by the Elvira look, but natural is good also, like Cassandra Peterson looks without the Elvira thing.

Painted nails are hot. I love the latina look when a latina girl like Mexican has the eye liner that extends away from her eyes..

Its hard to photograph a woman who has face makeup like blush on though, if you use a flash it can white her out on the pic. Using a flash is hard to get right anyway.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:43 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No, she's there to find a man.
I used to think that until I started seeing women that are married or have boyfriends.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:51 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I used to think that until I started seeing women that are married or have boyfriends.
Maybe the makeup is to distract from all the weight they need to lose..

Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Maybe the makeup is to distract from all the weight they need to lose..
That's what 4+ inch shoes are for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships