Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:14 AM

206 posts, read 768,472 times

Advertisements

thats what almost every guy i have come across seems to convey, at least. they keep saying how much they hate girls who look cake faced and made-up but don't look twice at a girl who doesn't have any makeup on. i think the problem here is that they can't usually tell if a girl has makeup on or not. if a girl applies her makeup really well, the foundation she uses to even out her skin tone, eyeliner to enhance her eyes, blush to redden her cheeks and lip color to make them stand out, unless she applies her makeup really obviously like say kim kardashian or something- guys can't tell she has anything on her face. also there's the matter of styling her hair. all the girls i know do not leave their house without straightening or curling their hair into the glossy locks boys seem to think is natural.

on the other hand if a girl leaves the house without using make up to even out her skin tone and hide her blemishes, or color in her eyebrows to make them even and full or not highlight her eyes with eyeliner and mascara, leave her hair in its natural wavy/bushy state...the guys wouldn't look twice at her and think of her as ugly.

so what im getting at is...guys SAY they want their girls natural- but they actually prefer glossed up girls who artfully conceal their imperfections as opposed to those who dare to go barefaced and natural.

is this true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 10:17 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
I agree with your assessment, at least in a general way: many men (not all) say they want their girlfriends/wives to look "natural," yet it's the made-up girls who get noticed and on the days one doesn't wear makeup, she'll get the whole "are you not feeling well?" thing from men and women alike.

However, I don't think this means the man's statement is total melarchy. (How is that spelled, anyway?) I think what most guys are saying is they don't like a woman who's so obviously made up she looks like a doll and can't be kissed, cuddled or touched for fear of messing up her makeup.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,401 times
I think it's spelled malarky.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:37 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I think it's spelled malarky.
Thanks.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:41 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
It depends on the woman. Some women look great without or with very little, and some look better with enhancement. I only dislike heavy makeup, but it's great when she looks great with little or none. Blondes in particular seem to benefit from some makeup to avoid looking washed-out, IMO. Mostly though, it's a negative if she looks very different with versus without.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I agree with your assessment, at least in a general way: many men (not all) say they want their girlfriends/wives to look "natural," yet it's the made-up girls who get noticed and on the days one doesn't wear makeup, she'll get the whole "are you not feeling well?" thing from men and women alike.

However, I don't think this means the man's statement is total melarchy. (How is that spelled, anyway?) I think what most guys are saying is they don't like a woman who's so obviously made up she looks like a doll and can't be kissed, cuddled or touched for fear of messing up her makeup.
Yep. Looking natural and actually being natural (i.e., no makeup, no hair styling, no waxing/plucking/tweezing, etc.) are two different animals.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 AM

946 posts, read 2,918,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

This is true. Most men will say they prefer natural girls that wear no make-up, but what they really mean is they want someone who doesn't cake up the stuff to the point where she's unrecognizable without it.
A lot of guys for reference will point out girls who they think are wearing no make-up, but us girls could tell she's wearing mascara, concealer, blush, etc...it just looks very natural and fresh. That's the look guys like.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,284,143 times
We don't like to feel deceived when we wake up in the morning and see someone completely different from the night before.

We can tell when a girl is wearing make-up and personally, it can be a huge turn-off.

I don't mind when my GF wears make-up to dinner or to a party, but when we're going to the park or the movies, it seems unnecessary.

A decent natural-looking girl is much more attractive than a beautiful dolled-up face any day for me.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,657,337 times
Yes blondes can looked washed out...light eyebrows and eyelashes if I don't put a little color on I spend the whole day replying to people asking me if I'm sick!!LOL

Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,960 times
I never wear makeup (I mean I wear NOTHING but Chapstick) and get noticed all the time. I have great skin, I wax my eyebrows and I do style my hair (although that's natural as well). Just because a woman doesn't wear makeup doesn't mean that she doesn't care.

ETA:

Not that any of you said that the woman doesn't care. I hear that from other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships