Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:52 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
It sounds like you have no empathy for your own mother! If she really does have these traits, her life is probably very difficult and she doesn't understand why.

I should have empathy for someone that was so self-centered that my grandparents had to raise me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I should have empathy for someone that was so self-centered that my grandparents had to raise me?
Yes. Since you asked. That is sad that your mother couldn't have a relationship with you like I have with my daughter.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:52 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddock_laker View Post

Wrong. The general consensus is that "baby, they were born this way."
No one is born a sociopath...

Old 09-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Nope. Unless she had a legitimate reason for doing so.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:58 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,208 times
Quote:
Yes. Since you asked. That is sad that your mother couldn't have a relationship with you like I have with my daughter.

That's all on her. It was her responsibility to raise me, not my my grandparents'.

Quote:
Nope. Unless she had a legitimate reason for doing so.

Then they should have gave custody to my grandparents. My grandparents' only regret was not fighting for custody of me. My grandma told me that. The only reason was my parents(and especially my mom) were selfish, self-centered, and more into themselves than raising their only child.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
That's all on her. It was her responsibility to raise me, not my my grandparents'.

Then they should have gave custody to my grandparents. My grandparents' only regret was not fighting for custody of me. My grandma told me that. The only reason was my parents(and especially my mom) were selfish, self-centered, and more into themselves than raising their only child.
Sucks I have a "dad" like that

Old 09-08-2011, 05:11 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,907 times
Quote:
That's all on her.
Precisely why I have the opinion I have.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 PM

393 posts, read 891,871 times
Quote:
It sounds like you have no empathy for your own mother! If she really does have these traits, her life is probably very difficult and she doesn't understand why.
sociopaths usually know that they are sociopaths. they figure it out in childhood when they don't socialize the same way other kids do, and when they start learning about emotions and stuff and don't seem to have any. Generally they quickly learn to adapt.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:56 PM

393 posts, read 891,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
No one is born a sociopath...
and what is your basis for this? a master's degree in psychology?

Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I think that a sociopath can enjoy a movie or be delighted when eating ice cream like the rest of society but they can't comprehend others having feelings and emotions.
Sociopaths can have emotions, sure -- greed, contempt, hatred, malicious pleasure, egotistical satisfaction, and sensory pleasure. sort of. on a superficial level. On a deeper level they truly are a black hole. they lack anything that constitutes 'humanity.' They are the embodiment of evil, and once you truly wrap your mind around them it will blow your mind, it really will. But there is a plus side, they say that only once you comprehend Evil, can you truly comprehend Good. sociopaths are literally evil, the mythology of the Devil is the ultimate sociopath. they don't deserve a moment of consideration or sympathy, I am not a cold hearted person but that is the way it is. Some 'people' truly don't deserve a second of care thrown their way, it will just enter the abyss where their soul should be, just like all other emotions given toward them. The best thing you can do is learn to recognize sociopaths so you can stay far, far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships