Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,221 times

Advertisements

my ex and i been together for 2 years. recently he wanted a 'break' from our relationship with no time frame and he wants to see other people... so basically we broke up. it was kinda mutual break up. i wanna try to try again but he said he didn't wanna 'hurt' me if things didn't work out, so it seems like he didn't wanna fight for this relationship, so i gave him what he wanted. We wanted to stay friends... I don't know how that is gonna work out.

Two days after we broke up... he went out on a date with this girl, which he told me before we broke up that she meant nothing to him... i know that what he is not my business any more, but that was kinda a slap in the face then he started to get drunk... for two weeks straight. When we were together, he never drank that much before... and then he started to post on facebook to all these places that he is going out with this girl.

I stop talking to him but he is talking to me... i never initiate the conversation. He started to ask me what and where i was going to labor day... I beginning to think that he wants to get back together but im not sure what is going on...

i recently found out that he is following on my tumblr which we made one together like 6 months before we broke up. he didn't even use his tumblr since he opened it. he un-follow me and then he follow me again... either he is cyber stalking me or that new girl of his wants him to use it...

sigh... i am not over him yet... but im trying... am i thinking too much? what should i do? and why do guys move on so quickly? it makes me feel that i was used...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 05:35 AM

845 posts, read 1,348,496 times
What a bummer for you. I think what you need though is a little of the hair of the dog that bit you. I'm not saying to try to make him jealous, or even find a guy to replace him, but mostly you need a break. Get some friends together and go out and do something. Just have some fun.

A break-up is hard to go through. It might strengthen your relationship, or it might mean you two are done for good. Take some time for yourself. A man isn't really something to pine over, it just leads to worst things later on. If it really was meant to be, he'll come back and your relationship will be the stronger, but you have to do something for yourself.

Bah, I'm loosing my train of thought, but I hope everything works out for you.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
I only have 1 question------what the hell is a tumblr????????

Old 09-07-2011, 06:01 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I only have 1 question------what the hell is a tumblr????????
I personal blog site.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:47 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
When a man says he wants a " break", it means that he wants to break-up. That is why he started going out with someone else right away. In his mind, the relationship was over a while ago, but didn't know how to tell you. He is probably stalking you to see if you have a new guy in your life. He probably feels that since he doesn't have a sure thing yet, that you shouldn't be dating other men.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:54 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,772,216 times
He is playing both ends against the middle, he probably wants you as a fall back position, jic his new main squeeze dumps him.

If it were me, I'd go no contact and move forward with my life.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:56 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
After a break up the only thing that really heals the pain is time.

Through all the emotional pain, try to understand that this guy is only one lousy guy out of millions of great guys out there.

Recognize the signs of a user and DON'T allow yourself to be taken over again. Know that you deserve a man who treats you better than that.

You are also torturing yourself by going places online where he would be.

I would block and unfriend him on Facebook, and delete all the old accounts he can stalk you on.

He knew what he was doing by breaking up with you so he could date the girl he wanted to bang.

So now he's had her and she's not what he expected her to be. They hang out and party but he's immature. At least he had the guts to break up with you instead of going behind your back dating the both of you. But you can't be too sure he didn't strike something up with her while you were dating and he decided to break it off with you when he was sure he could get with her for a while. Especially since it only took 2 weeks for him to get with her after he broke up with you.. she was lined up on the side.

He used you. And he will try to come back when he's done using her because he thinks you will allow him to.

Make sure when you're done being used that you don't repeat the same old story. You know how it will end anyhow.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:03 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
A

You are also torturing yourself by going places online where he would be.

I would block and unfriend him on Facebook, and delete all the old accounts he can stalk you on.
I agree with this. You really are only torturing yourself. Don't check to see what he's doing.

He's keeping you "on deck" just in case he needs a fallback, er, date. People who treat others terribly but keep tabs on them after it's all over are wondering whether they'd still have the same control over the ex-gf/bf if they came back for a little. He's not evil, he's just opportunistic. But either way it results in pain for you, so cut him off and in the meantime, don't go out of your way to see what he's up to, either.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,580,467 times
This "friendship" is not healthy for you. You like him more than he likes you. He could have had you. Plain and simple. You were his girlfriend. But he chose to dump you so that he could date and have sex with other girls, which is what he's doing now. He's likely keeping you around in case it doesn't work out so he can have an easy fall-back for sex later. This is not a healthy thing for you. If you aren't his first choice, do you really want to be the warm hole for him to stick it in if he can't have the girl he really wants?

Stop this "friendship" and tell him to take a hike. Stop being "friends" with him on Facebook or anywhere else. Allow this to fade and move on with your life.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times
You can't be friends. You need so much time from him after the breakup before attempting to be friends. Add to it that he is dishonest and you really really can't be friends. You can only be his victim. BUT his loss will be a great guy's gain one day soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships