Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:50 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,099 times

Advertisements

Hit the weight room. Some of the older women can be heavy to pick up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 05:47 AM

182 posts, read 298,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlin6969 View Post
I am 25, currently exchanging emails with a 44 year old woman. She seems interested, she flirts, always msgs me back within 5-10 mins. We have deep convos. The only issue is she keeps reminding me im 25 shes 44. She says "I am interested but the age gap is a little much for me, I really need to think about this" I am not sure what to do to convince her. I don't talk immature and I make sure I am not too "needy". What else can I say to her?
The first thing you should do is read up on menopause. She is going to go thru it soon and then we'll see how much you want an older woman! Because I hear it can be very !

Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,174,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlin6969 View Post
I am 25, currently exchanging emails with a 44 year old woman. She seems interested, she flirts, always msgs me back within 5-10 mins. We have deep convos. The only issue is she keeps reminding me im 25 shes 44. She says "I am interested but the age gap is a little much for me, I really need to think about this" I am not sure what to do to convince her. I don't talk immature and I make sure I am not too "needy". What else can I say to her?
Just don't pressure her; she's obviously testing the waters to see what your motives are. Probably wants to be sure you're not just looking to "score" w/ a "cougar". The age difference isn't the problem- she's got to be able to see that you're mature, etc. and not running back to your friends with a story

Old 10-05-2011, 08:53 AM

87 posts, read 192,537 times
Thanks for the input. I am let it develop slowly and see where it takes us. I doubt it would be a long relationship but you never know. I'll use some of the ideas you guys have suggested.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 PM

973 posts, read 1,704,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman51 View Post
The first thing you should do is read up on menopause. She is going to go thru it soon and then we'll see how much you want an older woman! Because I hear it can be very !

WHAT???? I think YOU need to read up on that for 44 is NOT the age where this normally begins. Sheeesh.....

But to OP, just take it slowly like you said. It takes time to get to know someone no matter what the age. However, from what I read, it is not a good start due to your attitude as well, for you too, are not that positive about it. I am 62 and my man is 20 years younger than I am, yet we have so much in common it is like there is no age gap.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:00 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,174,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
WHAT???? I think YOU need to read up on that for 44 is NOT the age where this normally begins. Sheeesh.....

But to OP, just take it slowly like you said. It takes time to get to know someone no matter what the age. However, from what I read, it is not a good start due to your attitude as well, for you too, are not that positive about it. I am 62 and my man is 20 years younger than I am, yet we have so much in common it is like there is no age gap.
Way to go, girl

Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555 View Post
Tell her you PREFER older women (or at least her). She might be insecure about herself/her body.

OR she might not be into younger guys for something serious, and will need to get used to the idea with time
Um, no, don't do that.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:01 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, not this either! LOL... :P Oh my goodness, OP, you do not ever, ever, ever, ever, ever (did I stress "ever" yet?) say you like a woman because you dig OLDER chicks.
This!

A friend sent me this message she got on a dating site-- sent from a 32 year old man to a 40 year old woman. (Names were changed to protect the innocent!) Note the use of the word "older" and "more mature" SEVEN times in one paragraph. Total no-no.

My name is Arthur. I reside in Chester Heights. I came across your profile and felt intrigued by what you wrote and your photos. You're probably wondering why a man of my age chooses to write to an older woman.
I was 15 when I entered college and my fellow classmates were double, if not triple, my age. Being surrounded by older peers allowed me to adapt to a more mature environment, which molded me into who I am today.
I feel very comfortable around older individuals because they have more life experience, and this quality makes older women very intriguing to me. I feel that I can connect with a woman of a more mature age much easier than one around my age. My close friends consider me to be an old soul. How do you feel about getting to know one another and having dinner over a glass of wine with me?

Thank you, I await your response.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 AM

87 posts, read 192,537 times
I told her to take her time and I keep avoiding the age gap so she will "forget". It kinda worked, she went from talking on the internet to texting now..lol

Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post

Menopause can start to happen as early as the mid thirties (peri). But it usually starts around 45.

Menopause - PubMed Health

How Long Does Menopause Last?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships