Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 10:41 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,260,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Of course. Let's forget about personality in this thread. We all already know that. I just know enough to know that I don't have the swagger and social skills most attractive women look for. What am I asking about is whether there are attractive women out there who will go for a guy just based on his money alone and still treat him with respect (aside from the fact she's using his money)? How realistic is this really? I want to hear from more women about this.
How do you know you don't have swagger and social skills..says who...if you are yourself, you will attract women who are truly totally into you for who you are. If you are going around flaunting money, you are going to get exactly the type of woman who will probably offer you a good time and will probably leave when another one with more money comes around.

Everything is not about money... Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,810 times
Quote:
Of course. Let's forget about personality in this thread. We all already know that. I just know enough to know that I don't have the swagger and social skills most attractive women look for. What am I asking about is whether there are attractive women out there who will go for a guy just based on his money alone and still treat him with respect (aside from the fact she's using his money)? How realistic is this really? I want to hear from more women about this.
Ever watched Millionaire Matchmaker?

Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,659,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
The OP says he is looking for an attractive woman...looks like you will get exactly what you are looking for..an attractive woman and if that is all you want, I am sure you can get that. I suspect you are not looking for anything else since it seems you only looking for a hottie...does she have to be smart, does she need to be working....does she need to be mother material? Maybe all of that is not necessary but I'd question it..
I don't care about anything else. Maybe later on in life when I have more experience I'll think about looking for marriage. But right now ... I just need to get laid by an attractive woman. What guy doesn't. At least I admit it. I just want to know what the chances of finding one is if you are this type of person.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,810 times
Quote:
I don't care about anything else. Maybe later on in life when I have more experience I'll think about looking for marriage. But right now ... I just need to get laid by an attractive woman. What guy doesn't. At least I admit it. I just want to know what the chances of finding one is if you are this type of person.
Yep. I knew it. Another guy who just want to get laid. Don't worry, there are women like that too.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
How do you know you don't have swagger and social skills..says who...if you are yourself, you will attract women who are truly totally into you for who you are. If you are going around flaunting money, you are going to get exactly the type of woman who will probably offer you a good time and will probably leave when another one with more money comes around.

Everything is not about money... Good luck to you!
I'm fine in one-on-one situations, but in others I become very socially awkward and it's a disaster, lol. I have a little bit of a sense of humor about it now at least. I overhear people at work talking about how weird I am. So I know. I'm not stupid. I know I can improve them but I believe I could get rich quicker than I can improve them. I am a programmer working for Wall Street and I know people in my field making that kind of money if not more. All I have to do is just work really hard and network around and I'll make it in the not too-distant future. I am physically able to work 12 hours a day if I have to do and willing to do that to achieve wealth. I can nerd it out and polish my programming skills and network around.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:54 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,260,082 times
Quote:
Ok, this is quite easy. You should have said this in the begining!! Sure, there is some woman that will ********* but you'll probably have to pay for it i.e. wine and dine (shopping, pay her bills, etc..)and I think you are ok with that. Now, she will probably have other men in her life but I suspect you are ok with that as long as she is good to you.

Quote:
I'm fine in one-on-one situations, but in others I become very socially awkward and it's a disaster, lol. I have a little bit of a sense of humor about it now at least. I overhear people at work talking about how weird I am. So I know. I'm not stupid. I know I can improve them but I believe I could get rich quicker than I can improve them. I am a programmer working for Wall Street and I know people in my field making that kind of money if not more. All I have to do is just work really hard and network around and I'll make it in the not too-distant future. I am physically able to work 12 hours a day if I have to do and willing to do that to achieve wealth. I can nerd it out and polish my programming skills and network around.
You need to relax a bit....enjoy yourself and don't be uptight...I'm an engineer and work with some male engineers who fit your description to a T. There is this one guy at my job who makes a decent salary but he is not that good looking at all but he is really sweet and he started learning how to salsa dance recently and it has really opened doors for him and he is meeting hot women so good on him. Getting out of your box will probably help a lot! Best wishes to you.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:55 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,274,502 times
Quote:
My thoughts exactly. I'm shy and reserved but have other things going for me like a good heart and good job. I can be funny too. I'm just wondering if an attractive woman would actually end up dating a guy like that who happens to be rich. I know most women care about social proof but maybe there is a small group of attractive women out there who don't care about all of that B.S. and simply just wants to be the golddigger wife for a rich man.
There is someone for everyone.

I've seen a very wealthy person marry a very dull and lower class humble person. My advice, one a gave the person marring a lower social class person, don't go flaunting your wealth around and be your self.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:59 AM

530 posts, read 780,809 times
Quote:
Yes!! What guy doesn't want to be as shallow as the next guy!! But, take care though, in that regard, there is plenty of competition out there!

But hey, with the proper lighting(none) and the proper amount of alcohol(lots), you to can experience the most attractive person on earth!! Now go, live long and "prosper."
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Ok, this is quite easy. You should have said this in the begining!! Sure, there is some woman that will ********* but you'll probably have to pay for it i.e. wine and dine (shopping, pay her bills, etc..)and I think you are ok with that. Now, she will probably have other men in her life but I suspect you are ok with that as long as she is good to you.

You need to relax a bit....enjoy yourself and don't be uptight...I'm an engineer and work with some male engineers who fit your description to a T. There is this one guy at my job who makes a decent salary but he is not that good looking at all but he is really sweet and he started learning how to salsa dance recently and it has really opened doors for him and he is meeting hot women so good on him. Getting out of your box will probably help a lot! Best wishes to you.
Right now I make $70K with a bonus and fully loaded benefits and my bank account is pretty loaded for a guy my age, but not really like a true rich guy. So yes, right now I could take a girl out to a really nice dinner. But they still want the personality. It would take someone who is REALLY loaded to be able to be sort of shy and still easily pick up an attractive woman.

I can't relax. I've tried the mediocre route as far as finding a woman and I'm done with it. I am willing to work really hard and willing to deal with these scumbag Wall Street managers as long as I get my cut of the pie. I want to make a money making machine and feel powerful. I'm ready to do it.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:05 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,167,319 times
Here's a scenario with two possibilities:

Jane has a single friend, Kate. Jane's boyfriend has a friend that is single named Andy.

First scenario:
Jane: Kate, you should meet my boyfriends friend, Andy who is also single, you two might hit it off. (Jane shows a picture, he is average looking).
Kate: What does he do?
Jane: He's a mechanic, but he makes okay money, owns a home, is financially responsible

Second scenario:
Jane: Kate, you should meet my boyfriends friend, Andy who is also single, you two might hit it off. (Jane shows a picture, he is average looking).
Kate: What does he do?
Jane: He's a neurosurgeon that owns his own practice/clinic. He has a nice house, a boat, and a lake house up north.

I'll put money down EVERY SINGLE TIME that if any single woman hears the second scenario will at least give Andy a chance. Maybe she won't go into it being excited about the date, or maybe there won't be any chemistry at all and they both part ways as friends....but at the very least the neurosurgeon will at least get a date with her only because he makes so much money.

It's common, but that doesn't make it any less superficial. It's all about getting a shot with a girl, and most guys don't even get that. That's why I throw it out there early if I'm interested. If she won't give me a shot then I won't waste any more time on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships