Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Let's say the guy was making $150K plus a bonus. However, he worked so much that he never goes out and doesn't really have any close friends but maybe just a lot of buddies he networks around with. In other words ... the "rich loner". Could he still find an attractive golddigger woman or would it be just as hard as an average joe? How much money would he need to be making?
Physically attractive? Definitely.

Attractive in every other way? Probably not.

He would need to make enough for two people to live very comfortably, even extravagantly, depending on how physically attractive the gold-digger is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Let's say the guy was making $150K plus a bonus. However, he worked so much that he never goes out and doesn't really have any close friends but maybe just a lot of buddies he networks around with. In other words ... the "rich loner". Could he still find an attractive golddigger woman or would it be just as hard as an average joe? How much money would he need to be making?
Of course he could find an attractive gold digger....the more money he makes...the more choice of gold-diggers he would probably have......oh, and by the way.....the average joe is almost NEVER looking for a gold-digger.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
$150k is far from being rich. I dont think he would be a typical gold digger target with only earning that much.

As far as answering your general question about a guy getting an attractive woman if he's just rich, of course. There are instances you see every day where an ugly gets a beautiful woman simply because he's rich (i.e., Jay-Z and Beyonce).

Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
[quote=Caldus;21306783 based on his money alone and still treat him with respect .[/quote]

lol. a fool and his money are soon parted. A fool with no self respect is soon burned.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:50 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
But the OP asked specifically how much a man would have to make to attract golddiggers, although for the life of me I can't imagine why anyone would want to attract golddiggers.

I can't imagine people who are really rich have an easy time of it attracting someone who isn't after their money.
Decent money is going to be seen as a good thing by anyone with a brain. This doesn't in and of itself make a girl a gold digger but its going to be another check mark on the pro side of the pro/con assessment of a person who might be relationship material. And as stated already it may get you to that assessment where it would otherwise not have happened. Kind of like taking a closer look at a car you were not interested in until you found out it got stellar mileage. I think it would be more fair to say "someone who is not attracted at least partially to their money" than "after" their money.

Golddiggers, they are out there so to the OP I say beware of what you wish for. It may sound cool from where you are but when you are actually there I think you are going to see it differently. You are at any rate a long way from there, it takes several times your income to set up a gold digging at your beck and call girl of the caliber I'm guessing you're wanting.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:59 AM

625 posts, read 952,716 times
It really depends on how much money you are generating, the cost of living where you are at, and how attractive the lady is. But I will say this: In a recession such as the one we are in now, if you make at least $250,000 per year and you live in the Midwest where the cost of living is affordable, you WILL get the attention of some attractive women, no matter what you look like. If someone makes that kind of money per year at this time, lives in an area with affordable cost of living, and is still single, it's because he CHOOSES to remain single.

Last edited by anonymous51; 10-17-2011 at 12:13 PM..

Old 10-17-2011, 11:05 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
At a $150 K per year you would get a very low achieving gold digger. More like a used model without power doors or steering, no anti lock brakes and not leather interior.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM

31,057 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
$150k is far from being rich. I dont think he would be a typical gold digger target with only earning that much.

As far as answering your general question about a guy getting an attractive woman if he's just rich, of course. There are instances you see every day where an ugly gets a beautiful woman simply because he's rich (i.e., Jay-Z and Beyonce).
That's what I was thinking? I guess if you make 20k a year 150k sounds like you are rich.

Personally, I don't think Beyonce is gorgeous, but Jay-Z is one homely man, so money and fame are a very desirable combination!

Old 10-17-2011, 11:48 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That's what I was thinking? I guess if you make 20k a year 150k sounds like you are rich.

Personally, I don't think Beyonce is gorgeous, but Jay-Z is one homely man, so money and fame are a very desirable combination!
But why would she marry Jay Z just for his money? Doesn't she have a subsantial amount of her own? Couldn't it be that she fell for him considering they have quite a bit in common being in the music industry?

Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
But why would she marry Jay Z just for his money? Doesn't she have a subsantial amount of her own? Couldn't it be that she fell for him considering they have quite a bit in common being in the music industry?
Yeah... I hardly think that Beyonce would marry someone just for their fame and their money... LOL! I have a feeling that perhaps they just are very compatible and love each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships