Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
The maternal instinct is incredibly strong in human females.

Really? There are millions of abortions every year and around my way some girl just left a new born baby on a step in the cold overnight that caused it to die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 06:01 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,126,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Really? There are millions of abortions every year and around my way some girl just left a new born baby on a step in the cold overnight that caused it to die.
So there is no maternal instinct?

What compelled your mother to care for you and feed you as an infant?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:02 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,782,631 times
Basically women base their self esteem on having a man and children. Their primeval urge is to hook a man and have the man provide for them for ever. Woman are more prone to being addicted to love, and having a child re-enforces that "He" loves me. Although, today, all that does not fit into the matrix of reality.

A man bases his self esteem on having a sucessful career and in the past, providing for their family, and again, today that does not fit into the matrix of reality.
In excess of 50% of all children are being raised by one parent, and supported by one parent, a women, whose self esteem was based on having a man, who is no longer in the picture.

As for you, no need to committ to anything or anyone, you are young, date and have fun.

Last edited by Dollydo; 10-24-2011 at 06:29 PM..

Old 10-24-2011, 06:04 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
So there is no maternal instinct?

What compelled your mother to care for you and feed you as an infant?

I'm not trying to avoid your question, I'm just making the point that there are many women who don't give a D** about their kids and even go as far as USE them to as a weapon.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:06 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Military couples tend to marry early because of the economic incentives that come with it. They have housing, medical and everything provided for them. So, they don't have to worry as much about being financially secure before getting married. This was the case in the post war II era of the 1950s. Jobs were plentiful, wages were increasing at the fast level ever and housing was cheap. So, people were able to transition into married life at a younger age more smoothly.

I know a couple married who married when he 18 and she was 16 (not due to pregnancy) and they've been married for 52 years. Are they insane? Another couple I know... he was 21 and she was 20. They were married for 66 years before the husband passed away. They certainly didn't seem insane to me.
The reason so many young marriages end in divorce is because they go into the marriage thinking it's going to be a happy fairy-tail thing and that there's never going to be any problems. When problems do arise, they get upset and resort to divorce as an easy way out. But for the those who really are ready, why are they nuts? Everyone is different, some are ready at 18 and some are never ready.
The problem with the couples you mentioned is that they married in a VERY different time with different divorce laws and more of a stigma about divorce. Nowadays, marriage has a evolved meaning and it is too easy for one party to pick up their (and take some of yours) and hit the door.

If some are ready at 18, will they be any less ready at 25 when they have had time to find out who they really are? A lot of growing and changing happens in that 18-24 period (trust me.)

Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,126,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I'm not trying to avoid your question, I'm just making the point that there are many women who don't give a D** about their kids and even go as far as USE them to as a weapon.
And those women are a deviation from the natural order.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:19 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,407,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I think guys are just crazy (even more) who consider early marriage. I worked at Ft. Knox briefly and if you don't know, young marriage is an epidemic in the military. Every day I saw couples who were aged 19-21 married (a few with kids) and I'm like . Heck there were two girls who I worked with who were married before age 21. I'm sorry, I think early marriage is nuts no matter who is considering it.
I'm not the one to say who's nut and whatnot, but I do know that I'm not ready to get marry because I still have a lot of growing. My married friends are in their early 20s (a couple in their mid 20s), and most of them don't have kids yet (I think they are making a wise decision). I guess it depends on the couple, huh...

Old 10-24-2011, 07:07 PM

270 posts, read 969,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
She's finishing school in the Spring. Studying at John's Hopkins.
I think the issue is more that she is finishing school and less about your 4 month relationship. She is at a point in here life where she needs to prepare for her future, what job she is going to get, where she is going to live, what she really wants to do with her life. That's exactly where I was when I was finishing college. I applaud her for being up front with you on her intentions. If you are sure that she is not "the one" - if you are ok with her walking away to marry and have kids with another guy, then please do her a favor and break up with her.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:10 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,487,416 times
What is it with women and the idea of starting a family?

Not all women. Just the ones you date.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,694,162 times
The solution to these young women who want to marry and have kids is to marry an older man who is ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships