Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 04:44 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,400,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
If you are a male, 6 or greater in the looks department and have a full-time job, any full time job, then online dating is for you.

I just got back from a "first meet-up" and had a blast. We talked for 2 1/2 hours, had a few drinks and in the end it cost me $20.00; that's in the DC area, by the way. She was also flattered as hell that I offered to pay for her even though it was a mere $20 between the both of us (makes me wonder how other guys have treated her, she was so grateful that I covered a mere $20 tab)

Guys, all it takes is creativity, good conversation, a $20 bill , a good head on your shoulders and average looks to show a lady a good time. Women aren't after your privates, your pec muscles, your biceps, or your money, they are after the whole YOU.
Great advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Maybe the guys who are complaining are 1 through 5. Ya think?
LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 06:23 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,993,258 times
Quote:
If you are a male, 6 or greater in the looks department and have a full-time job, any full time job, then online dating is for you.

I just got back from a "first meet-up" and had a blast. We talked for 2 1/2 hours, had a few drinks and in the end it cost me $20.00; that's in the DC area, by the way. She was also flattered as hell that I offered to pay for her even though it was a mere $20 between the both of us (makes me wonder how other guys have treated her, she was so grateful that I covered a mere $20 tab)

Guys, all it takes is creativity, good conversation, a $20 bill , a good head on your shoulders and average looks to show a lady a good time. Women aren't after your privates, your pec muscles, your biceps, or your money, they are after the whole YOU.
I reckon Cape Town is out the picture now, right?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:23 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,920,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I reckon Cape Town is out the picture now, right?
Why?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:31 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,993,258 times
Quote:
Why?
Why not?

I mean, you did contemplate relocating to Cape Town a couple ago, right?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 PM

213 posts, read 1,109,402 times
I tried online dating one time. I met up with I think 3 girls over a period of a year. It took a while though and I had to talk to 2 of them on the phone for probably one week to 2 weeks just to meet up with them in person. What a waste of time and money. All three were not the most appealing women physically speaking, but I agreed to be open minded and met up with them anyway.

Upon meeting all three I could since issues with all of them. One was just plain ugly with super long hair and acted like she didn't even care to be there. The other I remember meeting up with was just weird. Not much for looks either.

I would say that online dating was an OK idea at first, but after it gained popularity it just went downhill. I guess it works for a few, but I don't think it works for the majority of people. All the women on there are kinda flakey and skeptical. They don't know what the hell they want. Profiles are misleading and are just fake a lot of the time.

And a lot of the chicks on these sites are "burned and churned" types. They have either been married and been divorced and/or have 2 or 3 kids to go along with that. Most of these girls profiles are BS. They say I want a guy at least such and such height and likes to hunt and fish kind of crap.

I will not do online dating again. Waste.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Why not?

I mean, you did contemplate relocating to Cape Town a couple ago, right?
I mean, I still am. Should I not date for the next 14 months then

Old 10-26-2011, 06:58 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,790,364 times
I've browsed dating sites a couple of times, mostly to satisfy my curiosity. I found maybe two or three women I thought were physically attractive, and after reading their profiles they remained only physically attractive. So I just never bothered to create my own profile, because it seemed like a waste of time.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,780,679 times
Agreed with the below post, on all counts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
The women online are flakey as all get out. I've had first meets go just like yours then the next day they send a text and say they didn't feel any chemistry. I stand by my opinion that online dating is a waste of time for the vast majority of men. On the free sites women are too picky and think they are higher on the food chain than they really are. This is partially due to the skewed male:female ratio and the men that spam email 100 women a day. Overweight women with 3 kids expect a 7 or better and the attractive single women expect nothing less than a 10.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,732,087 times
It doesn't matter about a guy's looks. I'm a very good looking guy and I wouldn't go near online dating.

The dating ratios favor women exponentially online. If you want to waste time dating online go ahead....I could care less.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
It doesn't matter about a guy's looks. I'm a very good looking guy and I wouldn't go near online dating.

The dating ratios favor women exponentially online. If you want to waste time dating online go ahead....I could care less.
*I couldn't care less. And thanks, that just makes the ratio more favorable for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships