Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:33 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,790,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
It's easy to pick up read between the lines. I don't know, I just find a lot of girls meh, at least my age (28). I don't care how pretty you may be, you can lose my interest quickly. I can't figure it out. It's a bit like our country. All the houses look the same, watch the same TV shows (I will not date a girl who is a big reality TV watcher), we all buy the same things, like the same popular music, do the same vacations, all go to college because that's what were suppose to and to get that nice office job, ect.
That's basically how I see it, too, and I'm just a little older than you. And I guess that's one of the reasons I haven't been on a date in ages. I'm just bored with women and people in general 99.9% of the time. They've all started to seem the same to me, in a generic, boring way. I'm sure that's my problem and not their's, but that's the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 12:09 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,997,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
That's basically how I see it, too, and I'm just a little older than you. And I guess that's one of the reasons I haven't been on a date in ages. I'm just bored with women and people in general 99.9% of the time. They've all started to seem the same to me, in a generic, boring way. I'm sure that's my problem and not their's, but that's the way it is.
I hear ya..it's hard to find genuinely interesting people.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:38 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,817,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Well it might be their problem in a way...like I said look at all the lame online dating profiles that pretty women have. They're not trying to be interesting or put any effort into it. They just put up good pics and expect the guy to do all the work. They're not actually trying to be charming and attract a guy. I want a woman that puts equal effort into it.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,675,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Well it might be their problem in a way...like I said look at all the lame online dating profiles that pretty women have. They're not trying to be interesting or put any effort into it. They just put up good pics and expect the guy to do all the work. They're not actually trying to be charming and attract a guy. I want a woman that puts equal effort into it.
And a lot of them are there for play food. They don't need to be online to attract the attention of the males they consider top picking. Which is even less likely that you'll be able to connect with some of these attractive ones online, considering the lopsided male female ratio.

I've been doing some experimenting online as of late. Changed my location to a desirable location (though still disclosing i live in a chithole in the first sentence of the profile) and my responses have blown through the roof (which validates my hypothesis I'm considered chop liver because of my zip code). Remember for a guy online getting 5 non-initiated responses a week is a LOT, some get a lot more, most get ZERO. At any rate, here's some of the notables I've been able to quantify.

-Most of the respondents are unarguably below my sexual market value. They're overweight, the have bad teeth, unappealing facial features. Basically real world 6s and 5s. But yet they initiate, perhaps with the recognition they won't get a reply; many have started their emails disclosing that feeling, which is for the most part true. I actually got barked at for "pity replying", when I politely replied thanks for the attentive email but i dont think we're romantically compatible. True to my historical pathology, I dated one of these unsolicited respondents (as I've always done in my life, dated women who pursue me first). Dumped her when I couldn't find redeeming value in her long term. She was filled with things that did not live up to my expectations and what I bring to the table. The constant 4 hour drive certainly snapped back at me and helped me recognize she wasn't worth a four hour drive every weekend (and her broke a$$ couldn't reciprocate said drive without putting her on the street....). Which I knew privately all along, but did it anyways because I live in a hell hole and it was that or nothing. Once again boys and girls, that is the WRONG reasons to entertain someone's company.

-None of the unsolicited respondents are of the smokin hot quality. This means women who know they're hot also know they don't need to initiate chit. They are also largely not online, which validates my hypothesis on the social hierarchy of sexual market value, which points points to online dating, even still in 2011, as a concessionary and consolatory third tier venue to attain companionship, when not used strictly for casual sexual encounters (to which I believe it is much better suited for).

-Solicited respondents have been a mixed bag. Most of the women I've initiated contact with haven't been what I would consider my dream girl looks wise, but have been somewhat pleasing to look at. Most don't reply. Some reply and we engage in conversation for a couple days then poof, they disappear. These women are not interested in really pursuing something further. They're just playing the field while engaging you in rather time consuming and laborious topic exchange. It strikes me that these women are mostly online for entertainment. Something to do to have their ego stroked when they come home from work.I did get a reply from a girl in the smoking hot category, chatted for a bit and instantly became apparent she was in there for lust chatting and --ck teasing. The conversation steered around how she thought I was hot (and she was smoking hot) and it was nothing more than that. Then she disappeared after a short day exchange. These smokin hot samples also have very unappealing and short profiles, with lustful pictures that obviously relay the message that they feel their desirable looks are worthy of all levels of male attention, to include not just the sexual teasing, but the attention that walks with its wallet.

So yes I too find the quality of women online rather bleak. Lots of overweight women, lots of ready made family types desperate for human company and wounded by recognition their litter hurt their chances of lasting human companionship (at least the kind they want to write home about). Lots of ego-stroke addicts with no intention of establishing any level of connection beyond a tease. The same is said for men. Unappealing, player types looking for casual sex in a fashion that doesn't require much effort (which I applaud actually, I am a minimalist after all), and lots of men in wounded and or varying levels of desperation (for full disclosure I belong to the latter, I've said it once and I'll say it again, if I didn't have this zip code I wouldn't be online). And men and women alike we all have one thing in common: WE ALL WALK LOOKING UP.

I don't know what the solution to that is, but I know that the first step towards fixing a problem is recognizing there is a problem in the first place, followed by objectively and scathingly identifying what the problem is. When I apply that logic to my life I come to the conclusion that online dating is simply not a conducive avenue to find what I would find acceptable and desirable in my life and for my life circumstances. So getting wound up about these dynamics I've observed is a waste of my time. More people should run this level of self-diagnostic exercise on their online experience and act accordingly. In my case, settling for what I can attract online is NOT an acceptable solution to my need for company and it is certainly not fair to the woman that thinks she's hit the lotto for datin up, when i start displaying my lack of enthusiasm. Happened to my exwife and that took me seven years and a divorce to admit.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:45 AM

332 posts, read 529,943 times
Quote:
The women online are flakey as all get out. I've had first meets go just like yours then the next day they send a text and say they didn't feel any chemistry. I stand by my opinion that online dating is a waste of time for the vast majority of men. On the free sites women are too picky and think they are higher on the food chain than they really are. This is partially due to the skewed male:female ratio and the men that spam email 100 women a day. Overweight women with 3 kids expect a 7 or better and the attractive single women expect nothing less than a 10.
I beg to differ.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
You seem to be missing the main point...we're talking about men using online dating, not women. There are more men on the sites than women so of course more women are going to have success. I get so tired of women bragging about how great online dating is. No kidding, it's way easier for women online. If you walk into a room with 100 men and there are only 60 other women of course you have a good chance at finding someone decent. I'm an athletic man, clean cut, no tats, piercings, employed, average height, no kids. The only women that want to talk to me online are 200 pounders with 3 kids out of wedlock. Can you explain that? I live near a major metro area (Pittsburgh) so location cannot be the issue.
It's probably cause either you're on a not-so-great dating site or didn't bring your A-game 24/7 even if you happen to slip up a few times. Trust me; I'm working on that myself.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
I tried online dating one time. I met up with I think 3 girls over a period of a year. It took a while though and I had to talk to 2 of them on the phone for probably one week to 2 weeks just to meet up with them in person. What a waste of time and money. All three were not the most appealing women physically speaking, but I agreed to be open minded and met up with them anyway.

Upon meeting all three I could since issues with all of them. One was just plain ugly with super long hair and acted like she didn't even care to be there. The other I remember meeting up with was just weird. Not much for looks either.

I would say that online dating was an OK idea at first, but after it gained popularity it just went downhill. I guess it works for a few, but I don't think it works for the majority of people. All the women on there are kinda flakey and skeptical. They don't know what the hell they want. Profiles are misleading and are just fake a lot of the time.

And a lot of the chicks on these sites are "burned and churned" types. They have either been married and been divorced and/or have 2 or 3 kids to go along with that. Most of these girls profiles are BS. They say I want a guy at least such and such height and likes to hunt and fish kind of crap.

I will not do online dating again. Waste.
You might wanna try again later because soon you'd probably reconsider.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCR76 View Post
problem with that is, probably 7 out of 10 of the people sitting behind the computer screen are pretending to be something they are not( funny, smart, have a personality) when its actually the total opposite, what a big let down when you think your getting the person they pretended to be, and then the real one shows up,( dumber than a box of rocks, personality of a pile of dog crap, and zero sense of humor) but they seemed so different online! becareful who you talk to and so easily befriend online, you never know who the real person is. plus, for some people, talking to people online is all they have, they have made no real friends their whole life, so their whole life revolves around talking to people online, they have no social skills, nobody likes them, so online they can sit behind a computer screen and be who ever they want and befriend people and feel important, its an addiction and a very sad and desperate life.... think i went off topic, but still applys.
lmfao!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships