Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 11:10 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
NBC: Wives reveal their secret sex lives - books - Relationships - TODAY.com

Apparently, over 65 percent of all married women cheat.
Just wondering why you are so focused on this topic and determined to paint women in the worst light possible

The author of that book does not site the source for her statistics, 65% is a bit high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:11 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just wondering why you are so focused on this topic and determined to paint women in the worst light possible
Especially since he says he's totally happy being single, doesn't want to be in a relationship, and has to beat the women away with a stick…

Old 11-20-2011, 11:19 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
As with any study or poll, they can be skewed to fit the author's agenda or come up with juicy headlines and sell copy.

Old 11-20-2011, 11:19 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
If I ever marry, she won't have time for some secret sex life.

She'll be having too much sex at home!

Old 11-20-2011, 11:20 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If I ever marry, she won't have time for some secret sex life.

She'll be having too much sex at home!
There you go

I like a man with a good head on his shoulders

Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There you go

I like a man with a good head on his shoulders
Or one who can think with both heads?

Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,921,694 times
I completely believe that 65% number mainly because I've witnessed it first hand. While I've only slept with 2 married women in my entire life, I've had sex with at least 15 other women that had a boyfriend or were engaged so I'd imagine such behavior carries over into marriage. It's not like people all of a sudden change their ways upon getting married.

I think that's one of the reasons why I'm so apprehensive about committing to anyone. I've just lost all faith in long term relationships and fidelity that I'd rather not be bothered with them; let someone else get abused and cheated on.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I completely believe that 65% number mainly because I've witnessed it first hand. While I've only slept with 2 married women in my entire life, I've had sex with at least 15 other women that had a boyfriend or were engaged so I'd imagine such behavior carries over into marriage. It's not like people all of a sudden change their ways upon getting married.

I think that's one of the reasons why I'm so apprehensive about committing to anyone. I've just lost all faith in long term relationships and fidelity that I'd rather not be bothered with them; let someone else get abused and cheated on.
I'm not sure if the 65% number is accurate or not. But it seems that this was a one sided study. If 65% is true for women I believe the same number is true for men. It's a matter of human behavior and nature, not gender specific.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:58 PM

479 posts, read 835,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Guess you'd better get to the gym, come home with roses, clean the bathroom, and then get your b*tcharse back in the kitchen and bake her some pie before she runs off on you, then.
F* her.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:20 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
The article is inane... and old. There is no way 65% of married women cheat, though I do believe women cheat just as often as men.

And people need to nail down exactly what "cheating" is. To me, cheating means having sex with another person (whether it's oral sex, actual intercourse, etc.) Yet to my college students, they think cheating can mean kissing, groping, even having an emotional affair where the two parties never even meet (cybersex sort of thing). Yeah, I would be pissed if my husband kissed or made out with another woman, but I would not regard that as "cheating."
so your ok with your husband having an emotional affair, where he dreams about her, about being with her, looking forward to seeing her all while ignoring you and distancing himself from you, in other words giving affection that should be to you, to someone else?...interesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships