Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:52 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times

Advertisements

wow, cant say that men are jerks on this forum. at least thats what i think i said that was soooo rude and sexist. this forum is hilarious.

anyway, he probably was bored with me. im sure thats what the problem is with me, because i dont run my mouth all the time or have interesting things to talk about. this happens to me all the time; they obviously just get sick of me ... mostly sick enough of me to not get anything out of me.

also, yes, it would not have made a difference whether i gave it up sooner than later, because apparently he was a jerk who only wanted one thing out of me and probably would have dumped me afterward anyway (even though it wasnt like we only did it once).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
He answered you, by not responding. No is so busy they can't respond to a mere text.

I'm sorry.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletneon View Post
wow, cant say that men are jerks on this forum. at least thats what i think i said that was soooo rude and sexist. this forum is hilarious.

anyway, he probably was bored with me. im sure thats what the problem is with me, because i dont run my mouth all the time or have interesting things to talk about. this happens to me all the time; they obviously just get sick of me ... mostly sick enough of me to not get anything out of me.

also, yes, it would not have made a difference whether i gave it up sooner than later, because apparently he was a jerk who only wanted one thing out of me and probably would have dumped me afterward anyway (even though it wasnt like we only did it once).

(Responding to the bolded).
Don't start questioning yourself on whether it was something you did. The guy that is meant for you will stick with you, regardless of whatever flaws you have, including sleeping with him "too soon". Yes I know that in general, men tend to prefer women that wait but it's no guarantee of anything i.e marriage, relationship, happiness.

Also, I know a number of people who slept on the first date and who are either married or in relationships. Life is just too varied to be fit in a box

The good thing is that you got some good lovin, after a long break. Sometimes you just need that .

That said, I won't contact him again. Act or Fake like you have dignity. Don't be lowered into pursuing him. He has your number and has seen your text. It his turn to respond

Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Let it go. You gave him the out and he took it. He didn't get back to you. Move on. You didin't do anything wrong yet, but if you keep posting, texting or calling....you will be.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Please do not yell at me for 1. sleeping with him and 2. too many texts. All wrong, I know.

Any ideas? Should I try calling or texting him or let it go?
We're human and have needs.

Now with that said, it sounds like this guy got what he wanted and is moving on to greener pastures. This sucks, but I suggest moving on with your life.

Just to answer your future question on the subject, he's only calling you back once a week or so just to keep you on the back burner. So my advice will be, you deserve someone better...now go find that person.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:50 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
You've made a reasonable attempt to contact him. If he is that busy then he doesn't need a relationship. The other thing, he gave you the brush off and he will continue to give you the brush off.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:

"anyway, he probably was bored with me. im sure thats what the problem is with me," I would not assume anything. It could be a thousand different reasons.

"i gave it up sooner than later," God, I really hate that term. I reminds me of something from the 50s. Like a woman and a man wanting to get together sexually is somehow wrong. It's just as much on the Womans shoulder as the mans. I haven't had sex on the first date in 20 years but if I did and she was "The one" it would make no difference.

Like the saying goes "you have to kiss some frogs to find your prince"

Old 12-02-2011, 11:12 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Is there a reason you can't just show up at his door? Sometimes, people lose their phones. Sometimes, their service is disconnected. And sometimes, people are just trying to get rid of you.

BTW, it doesn't seem like all he wanted was to hit it and quit it, or else he wouldn't have communicated with you for one whole month afterwards. At least it doesn't seem like to me. But perhaps his interests are now somewhere else, or he was talking to other women at the same time as you and was playing the field. Either way, one month is too soon to establish a serious relationship.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Is there a reason you can't just show up at his door? Sometimes, people lose their phones. Sometimes, their service is disconnected. And sometimes, people are just trying to get rid of you.
In that case, he could've retrieved her number from a recent phone bill and called her from another phone. It's really not that hard to contact someone if you want to contact them. Stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post

BTW, it doesn't seem like all he wanted was to hit it and quit it, or else he wouldn't have communicated with you for one whole month afterwards. At least it doesn't seem like to me. But perhaps his interests are now somewhere else, or he was talking to other women at the same time as you and was playing the field. Either way, one month is too soon to establish a serious relationship.
LOL yeah if she shows up at his door he'll probably thing she is a stalker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships