Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 11:22 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,780,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Ouch, thanks for rubbing salt in the wound. So are you saying money doesn't matter and I should just let them know I'm not working and pretend like it doesn't bother me because I'm ambitious and I'll find something "eventually"? This is a serious question, not sarcasm.
I don't mean to be cruel to you, I know you are hurting. You will find someone, you're educated, nice looking, pleasant in posts (which I assume you are in real life). You just need to conjure up that confidence.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:22 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,821,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
This is hysterical. I can think of maybe 2 characteristics that would be on this check list you seem to believe in. One is must be taller than me. I'm 5'3. Is it too picky to ask a guy to be 5'4"? Is that ok with you?
I would think that's a normal thing to look for. Guess what though...a lot of women your height still want a guy that is at least 6 foot tall. Do you women think guys like me make this stuff up? That's really how picky women are now.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:28 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,814,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't mean to be cruel to you, I know you are hurting. You will find someone, you're educated, nice looking, pleasant in posts (which I assume you are in real life). You just need to conjure up that confidence.
Thanks. I don't mean to sound defensive. I'm just so frustrated, as this has gone on way too long.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:31 AM

48,709 posts, read 35,196,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I would think that's a normal thing to look for. Guess what though...a lot of women your height still want a guy that is at least 6 foot tall. Do you women think guys like me make this stuff up? That's really how picky women are now.
So when you have a physical requirement it's reasonable, but when a woman does she is crazy-picky?

Both have a right to their own requirements. To me that's where your problem lies, you feel you have right to your requirements, but when women do you find it unreasonable.

Last edited by Mikala43; 12-31-2011 at 11:43 AM..

Old 12-31-2011, 11:33 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,333,894 times
Quote:
Uhm no...you're new to the thread obviously and have missed a lot of points. Find where I said I wanted a hot girl lol...and like I said women always try to revert to the looks thing when they can't win this debate
God forbid a guy looks for a woman that isn't 200 pounds. What do you consider someone that has done something their lives? Someone that is rich? I plan to better myself for the rest of my life. Whereas some guys could be at their peak right now at my age...and go downhill from here.
You sound like someone that thinks look don't matter at all....which is an extreme position some women try to take.

That's not entitlement...what I look for is normal and reasonable. Expecting George Clooney with a PhD and an 8 figure bank account is entitlement. I have no kids and I'm not interested in someone with kids. The main point of the thread is there's lots of women in other countries for guys like me to choose from since single American women have a 20 page long checklist

No woman alive expects to get george clooney. Just like no man alive expects they will end up going on a date with meagan fox. Most people find people they are attracted too, and when they can't the reason is them. None of my friends married mr rich, some of the guys are cute, others are average, and in 2 cases the girls looks blow the guys away. In most cases their income together is commiserate, in some cases the guy makes more, and in others the woman.

None of them are driving aston martins, nor bathing in rooms filled with $100 dollar bills, or jetting away to weekends to their swiss chalet. Some of them met on dating sites, others met through friends, and others just by walking up to the other person and saying high. Funny how all these guys can find women but a small section of society can't because according to them "Women are vain blah blah blah Women only like looks blah blah blah Women have 200 page check lists blah blah blah. Frankly it's a big pile of crap, because i can tell right now while you don't get dates. Your little attitude most likely seeps right out when you go on dates, and women have no desire to date you a second time.

You want to find a foreign woman feel free. But contrary to this mythical belief that they come over and create the perfect marriage that often is not the case. Most often they use the guy for the needed amount of time to legally get their card and split. They aren't as backward, and stupid as some of you guys seem to think. Nor are they going to view you as the prince charming,and savior of their universe a lot of you seem to believe. Like i said.....your attitude stinks, and that's what is driving women away. However if you want to continue blaming women feel free to do so alone, because that's how you will end up living your life.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:34 AM

15,906 posts, read 21,546,609 times
Quote:
Being attracted to someone that is a normal weight is not picky it's normal. I love how women always try to take this angle. It's all they have, hilarious . They always say guys like me should just settle. Yet women can have a checklist of 30 different things. Expecting George Clooney with 6 figure bank account...now that's picky. You must be confused I said it's been both in regards to me.. a lack of a completed degree and/or my career/social status both has been why women wouldn't give me a second date. My opinion on the woman chasing the Boston lawyer is that mainly she cares about money, career, and social status which is why she worded the education line the way she did.
Being attracted to someone who is interested in learning with the same passion as I do is not picky, it's normal. I love how uneducated men (and that does not just mean men who do not have degrees) always try to take this angle. It's all they have to avoid pointing the finger at themself, hilarious . They always say girls like me should just settle, yet men can have a checklist of 30 different things. Expecting an Angelina Jolie who hits the gym every day regardless of career and personal demands.. now that's picky.

My longest relationship - a man who I lived with - was a man who had no college degree. He began one while he was seeing me because his company offered to pay him to go all the way through with a masters for advancement internally. Otherwise, he did just fine without one but spent ALL of his free time reading and learning new programming languages and engineering principles for fun.

I'm currently seeing a man who has none of the financial prosperity of the previous man. He does not have a degree either, though he has his own business. He, too, spends all of his free time developing skills, reading, and practicing his music (which is his true talent and another way he makes money). I should note that we are in an open relationship so my date last night was within the bounds of my primary relationship with this man.

What's so wrong about wanting to date people who share the same passions? I'm pursuing my MBA while working full time and hope to pursue an MPH and maybe eventually a PhD. It's important to me to be with someone who respects my career and educational drive, regardless if they have a higher degree themselves. Is it too picky to settle for anything less?

I'd prefer to date men of my religious/cultural background (which knocks over 95% of the population off the map) so that I can raise my future children in my traditions. Is that too picky too?

Last edited by charolastra00; 12-31-2011 at 11:47 AM..

Old 12-31-2011, 11:46 AM

2,643 posts, read 4,076,089 times
Quote:
Being attracted to someone that is a normal weight is not picky it's normal. I love how women always try to take this angle. It's all they have, hilarious . They always say guys like me should just settle. Yet women can have a checklist of 30 different things. Expecting George Clooney with 6 figure bank account...now that's picky. You must be confused I said it's been both in regards to me.. a lack of a completed degree and/or my career/social status both has been why women wouldn't give me a second date. My opinion on the woman chasing the Boston lawyer is that mainly she cares about money, career, and social status which is why she worded the education line the way she did.
But what's "normal"? What others call "normal" you might consider "overweight", and what you consider "normal", might be consider "underweight". There's no standard definition. I'm assuming you know what BMI means, and if you do, you'd know it doesn't account for Muscle matter. Not to mention being whatever you may "normal" weight may not necessarily mean she's "in shape". It's possible to be thin and inactive, and heavier and active.

I'm not suggesting you settle. I'm suggesting you shouldn't criticize someone else's standards when you have your own.

I also think you're reading what you want to read out of that post: education and money aren't necessarily synonymous.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:54 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,814,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
But what's "normal"? What others call "normal" you might consider "overweight", and what you consider "normal", might be consider "underweight". There's no standard definition. I'm assuming you know what BMI means, and if you do, you'd know it doesn't account for Muscle matter. Not to mention being whatever you may "normal" weight may not necessarily mean she's "in shape". It's possible to be thin and inactive, and heavier and active.

I'm not suggesting you settle. I'm suggesting you shouldn't criticize someone else's standards when you have your own.

I also think you're reading what you want to read out of that post: education and money aren't necessarily synonymous.
I am so picky about the weight thing. Normal is hard to describe, I just know what it is. I had a date with a woman last night who is pretty, but probably 25-30 pounds overweight. Thats probably going to be a dealbreaker. But I expect the same out of myself. I'm in shape. Its just such a tough thing to address with women. I've never been overweight, so maybe I just don't understand why its such a struggle for some women. I want to date a woman who enjoys exercise (as I do) and eats failry healthy. If she does those two things, I can't imagine she would be overweight, unless its a thyroid issue.

Good point on education and money. I certainly know that!

Old 12-31-2011, 11:55 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,821,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I fall into your demographic of women with standards. /lol

When of my main standards is guys like you with such bad attitudes. I really think you would be much happier, and successful if you could improve this.

But yes, I like men that are in a similar financial situation to mine. It demonstrates motivation, responsibility and the ability to manage their finances. I don't want to support anyone, nor do I want some to support me. I also like a simlar degree of education, similar wit, love of learning, and whole long other list of things like religion and morals.

It goes to compatibility and balance of "power" (for lack of a better word)
I don't have a bad attitude for some reason the women on here just want to gang up on me, won't listen to my side of it, and just want to bash me. All because I say I like women more on the slender side with no kids, god forbid a guy has TWO THINGS on his checklist, lol. They basically just say I should settle and go out with anyone that knocks on my door.
I like American women I can't help it they don't like me because I'm not loaded or have a degree completed.

I mean your post proves my point you first and foremost judge based on how much money a guy makes. If a guy makes a certain amount of money you assume he's just like you, a great guy, and everything will be peachy. You automatically equate money with everything as if that's the only thing that decides if a guy is a good person or not. I have good values but you would never know that because you would automatically write me off. I see a lot of women try to word it like you do...I just don't buy it. Only well off guys are motivated? Only well off guys can manage their finances? Only guys that have a completed a degree are smart? Only well off guys are responsible? I mean...seriously.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,780,468 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships