Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramc27 View Post
Why not get her a spa day for the two of you? It would be good couple time along with being relaxing for the both of you.
I second this idea. A couples day at the spa getting a manicure and pedicure, massages, delicious healthy spa lunch, lazing by the pool, dip in the jacuzzi, etc, oh yeah!! Splash out and make it a gorgeous day for her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
She already has everything that she needs. I asked her what she wants and she told me to suprise her and use my imagination. Unfortunately, I never saw shopping as a creative or imaginative process. I already got her an IPAD for Christmas. Is it proper for a man to get his wife stuff from Victoria Secrets or would that be seen as shallow and a gift for me? Help a brotha out.
Don't know for sure about your wife, but many of us would really appreciate a heartfelt love letter. Put your feelings down on paper, remind her why you love her and what you adore about her.

Oh, and present it to her with some nice flowers

Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
Surprise her...by getting her nothing

Old 01-05-2012, 11:20 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
my wife loves getting stuff from VS. you do know they don't JUST sell sexy bedroom stuff, right?

how old is your wife, that can make a lot of difference in what to get her. does she like wine, maybe a good bottle of wine and a candle lit dinner at home.

jewelry is ALWAYS a good present, a nice set of earrings or a new ring/pendant/bracelet will usually make her happy.

do you guys have kids? i surprised my wife by sending the kids to their grandmother's for a night and then taking her out to eat and to a movie. basically just giving her a chance to relax and enjoy herself.

this one works for birthdays or just in general to get out the dog house, properly do the laundry for her or clean the kitchen. women really appreciate it when we do "their" chores and do them to their satisfaction.

it sounds cliche, but a good massage is nice too. while it is nice when you do it, most really appreciate being pampered at a spa. my wife says she does not care either way, but she is certainly more pleasurable for a few days after a spa treatment!
You sound just like my husband

Also, if your wife is into collectables, get her something to add to the collection. One of the gifts my husband gave me this Christmas was wine, but not ordinary wine. This wine has a singer's name on it and the labels were autographed by him. The autographs are not stamped on the label-they're actual autographs. I have to say, it was a great surprise (not to mention if I never open them, they may increase in value lol)

Old 01-05-2012, 11:30 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
She already has everything that she needs. I asked her what she wants and she told me to suprise her and use my imagination. Unfortunately, I never saw shopping as a creative or imaginative process. I already got her an IPAD for Christmas. Is it proper for a man to get his wife stuff from Victoria Secrets or would that be seen as shallow and a gift for me? Help a brotha out.
Okay. A lot of wives complain about not having enough time with their husbands. So I'd say the best gift you could give her is YOU plus an experience like:

Gourmet picnic with champagne
A cooking class if you guys are into that
Day Spa
Carriage Ride
Hot Air Balloon Ride
Gondola Ride
Get tickets and take her to a concert with her favorite artist, or tickets to an event in her favorite sport.

Whatever you choose, make sure YOU go with her. It'll make the birthday extra special.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Improper to get your wife goodies from Victoria Secrets? Oh no, Oh hell no!

It would be improper if anyone else got her gifts Victoria Secrets but you? Never! In fact, what better way to show your wife that she is your personal sex kitten? That you still very much desire her? That message , unspoken, can speak volumes to the woman in your life.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:41 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Surprise her...by getting her nothing
Yeah! Like that's a good plan!

What's it like to live like a monk??

Old 01-05-2012, 05:11 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,422,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
my wife loves getting stuff from VS. you do know they don't JUST sell sexy bedroom stuff, right?

how old is your wife, that can make a lot of difference in what to get her. does she like wine, maybe a good bottle of wine and a candle lit dinner at home.

jewelry is ALWAYS a good present, a nice set of earrings or a new ring/pendant/bracelet will usually make her happy.

do you guys have kids? i surprised my wife by sending the kids to their grandmother's for a night and then taking her out to eat and to a movie. basically just giving her a chance to relax and enjoy herself.

this one works for birthdays or just in general to get out the dog house, properly do the laundry for her or clean the kitchen. women really appreciate it when we do "their" chores and do them to their satisfaction.

it sounds cliche, but a good massage is nice too. while it is nice when you do it, most really appreciate being pampered at a spa. my wife says she does not care either way, but she is certainly more pleasurable for a few days after a spa treatment!
^ ^ ^ This guy knows what he's talking about...listen to him!

Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,725,521 times
get a piece of construction paper, fold it in half(so it looks kinda like a card), write I love you on the inside, or something to that effect. Save the money.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM

626 posts, read 903,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Take her away for the weekend.
And include the VC goodies..

I remember buying a pair of underwear that had a feather tassle that attached to be back. I gave my DH the tassle and he had to.... oops this isn't about me sorry...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah weekend and the VC goodies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships