Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 AM

93 posts, read 100,687 times

Advertisements

She already has everything that she needs. I asked her what she wants and she told me to suprise her and use my imagination. Unfortunately, I never saw shopping as a creative or imaginative process. I already got her an IPAD for Christmas. Is it proper for a man to get his wife stuff from Victoria Secrets or would that be seen as shallow and a gift for me? Help a brotha out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,225,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssex View Post
She already has everything that she needs. I asked her what she wants and she told me to suprise her and use my imagination. Unfortunately, I never saw shopping as a creative or imaginative process. I already got her an IPAD for Christmas. Is it proper for a man to get his wife stuff from Victoria Secrets or would that be seen as shallow and a gift for me? Help a brotha out.
make her a DVD with music of photographs of you two together ....

hopefully you have gone on some trips?

Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,798 times
Take her away for the weekend.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 AM

93 posts, read 100,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
make her a DVD with music of photographs of you two together ....

hopefully you have gone on some trips?

Now that is a great idea! Thx

Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 AM

29,765 posts, read 34,486,345 times
You know your wife better than any of us here. Does she like to eat out or cook? Read? Travel? Does she have hobbies? Does she need a case for her iPad? Bottom line is she wants to know that you love her and that you know her and what she would want.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 01-05-2012 at 08:11 AM..

Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 AM

1,204 posts, read 2,530,676 times
Why not get her a spa day for the two of you? It would be good couple time along with being relaxing for the both of you.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 AM

399 posts, read 856,064 times
The year of the gift card. A mini vacation for a couple of days would be nice too.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:19 AM

513 posts, read 899,141 times
my wife loves getting stuff from VS. you do know they don't JUST sell sexy bedroom stuff, right?

how old is your wife, that can make a lot of difference in what to get her. does she like wine, maybe a good bottle of wine and a candle lit dinner at home.

jewelry is ALWAYS a good present, a nice set of earrings or a new ring/pendant/bracelet will usually make her happy.

do you guys have kids? i surprised my wife by sending the kids to their grandmother's for a night and then taking her out to eat and to a movie. basically just giving her a chance to relax and enjoy herself.

this one works for birthdays or just in general to get out the dog house, properly do the laundry for her or clean the kitchen. women really appreciate it when we do "their" chores and do them to their satisfaction.

it sounds cliche, but a good massage is nice too. while it is nice when you do it, most really appreciate being pampered at a spa. my wife says she does not care either way, but she is certainly more pleasurable for a few days after a spa treatment!

Old 01-05-2012, 08:26 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,654,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Take her away for the weekend.
Could not have said it better !
That to me is always the perfect present. Having someone taking the time to organise something romantic is always a great luxury be it a play, concert or a dirty week end !

Lingerie is nice but it does feel a bit like a present for Hubby than myself !

If money is an issue then I would say something which means you have put thought and effort into it like a picnic, cooking her dinner at home , giving her a massage etc.... Take her somewhere nice at night at the end of the evening and release some wildlife friendly ( so animals do not choke on them and die) Chinese Lanterns in honour of the blessed event ! It truly is all about thought IMO.

Stuff to me is always over rated I much prefer "events" , things I shall always remember and mean spending time with the man I love. Everything else is just shiny baubles, nice but not as memorable.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:49 AM

499 posts, read 892,814 times
make a video of her best friends and family members who celebrates her birthday. people in long distance can send their videos via email.

once i wrote 365 notes for my boyfriend to read one of them every morning for one year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships