Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 02:20 PM

168 posts, read 338,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I only friend people I actually know (and like).

That keeps it simple.

Thank you. I have no problem with that. I just think the other steps were unnecessary - blocking me and sending my fiance a 3-paragraph email, followed by 2 more email exchanges between the 2 of them, and telling him she wanted to delete him.

I didn't see it as a big deal, but was a little disappointed that he didn't just tell her to chill out. I guess I posted here to see if other people would automatically assume I was looking for trouble. Personally, I wouldn't. I decline friend requests all the time and don't look back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutequeenslady View Post
Thank you for responding. You're welcome FB really gets people hooked with these games. At one point, when I had a bad day at work, I couldn't wait to go home to play and get away from it all.

But the idea of having to befriend people I don't know makes it problematic. My fiance has over 1300 friends, most of whom he doesn't know.
I had close to 1000 "friends" only because of the games I was playing. It never occurred to me to just make another profile just for gaming. I was the same as you. I would take every free moment to play those games and at one point, they actually worked on my cell phone lol. Then life took over and I just didn't (and still don't) have the time for those games. It's hard keeping up with the 200+ actual friends and family, nevermind keeping up with 100+ game requests. When I received friend requests from my husband's friends, I asked him who those people were. I had never, ever met them. Never even knew about them. I don't want to be friends "just because". I'm wondering if she thought maybe you were jealous that she and your fiance` are FB friends and she assumed that you were keeping tabs on him. I don't get why she would bring up "drama". Maybe she actually has or had FB issues but still no reason for the email she sent him.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I had close to 1000 "friends" only because of the games I was playing. It never occurred to me to just make another profile just for gaming. I was the same as you. I would take every free moment to play those games and at one point, they actually worked on my cell phone lol. Then life took over and I just didn't (and still don't) have the time for those games. It's hard keeping up with the 200+ actual friends and family, nevermind keeping up with 100+ game requests. When I received friend requests from my husband's friends, I asked him who those people were. I had never, ever met them. Never even knew about them. I don't want to be friends "just because". I'm wondering if she thought maybe you were jealous that she and your fiance` are FB friends and she assumed that you were keeping tabs on him. I don't get why she would bring up "drama". Maybe she actually has or had FB issues but still no reason for the email she sent him.

If I was keeping tabs on my fiance, I wouldn't be checking into her. She is married, linked to her hubby on facebook, and she and my guy have a few mutual friends. Out of 1300+ friends, she would NOT be the one.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:43 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
The way FB messes up sometimes you never get request. That's your story and your sticking to it.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I have no problem with that. I just think the other steps were unnecessary - blocking me and sending my fiance a 3-paragraph email, followed by 2 more email exchanges between the 2 of them, and telling him she wanted to delete him.

I didn't see it as a big deal, but was a little disappointed that he didn't just tell her to chill out. I guess I posted here to see if other people would automatically assume I was looking for trouble. Personally, I wouldn't. I decline friend requests all the time and don't look back.
Here's another thought. I know a lot of FB people who aren't into the games get really annoyed when they see games post on their walls. It's simple to fix but some people just don't do it. Then she got the friend request from you asking to play a certain game, which she denies playing. To not give your fiance a reasonable explanation for deleting him, that's just childish. I don't know what I could possibly say in 3 paragraphs relating to "I want to delete you."

Old 01-11-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
If I was keeping tabs on my fiance, I wouldn't be checking into her. She is married, linked to her hubby on facebook, and she and my guy have a few mutual friends. Out of 1300+ friends, she would NOT be the one.
LOL..I know what you mean. Who knows what she was thinking. FB is supposed to be an escape from reality (for some or most people, at least). She sounds a little uptight about it. After the email exchanges, maybe your fiance is better off without having her as a FB friend, unless they see eachother outside of FB. Then it can be kind of awkward.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Here's another thought. I know a lot of FB people who aren't into the games get really annoyed when they see games post on their walls. It's simple to fix but some people just don't do it. Then she got the friend request from you asking to play a certain game, which she denies playing. To not give your fiance a reasonable explanation for deleting him, that's just childish. I don't know what I could possibly say in 3 paragraphs relating to "I want to delete you."
She said something like: I received a friend request from your gf and I don't want to be involved in any drama. Women can spot these things a mile away. I am happily married, etc. and do not need someone spying on me. I think her sending a friend request to me was tasteless, childish, etc.
We are cool but if being friends on fb is going to be a problem, I think it is better to delete you.

I don't remember her email verbatim but those were the main points.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
She said something like: I received a friend request from your gf and I don't want to be involved in any drama. Women can spot these things a mile away. I am happily married, etc. and do not need someone spying on me. I think her sending a friend request to me was tasteless, childish, etc.
We are cool but if being friends on fb is going to be a problem, I think it is better to delete you.

I don't remember her email verbatim but those were the main points.

This lady sounds like she has some issues lol

Old 01-11-2012, 03:00 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Personally, I don't accept friend requests from the friends of friends.

If I don't have some kind of connection to the person personally (I work with them, they are someone I speak to at church, we are family, etc) I don't see the point.

Maybe the answers on this thread will interest you:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-facebook.html
I'm with LM on this one. Spot on. I barely accept friend request from dramatic friends as it is...talk-less of a friend of a friend. Yeah...umm..the answer is NO!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:05 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Quote:
I have a hypothetical question for facebook users in relationships (married, dating, etc.):

So let's say you are married and have a friend of the opposite sex. You two are not best friends or anything but you have mutual friends and stay connected via facebook. You are married, and the friendship is purely platonic. One day you get a friend request from the friend's signicant other. You have never met the significant other but see from the profile that they are in a relationship with your friend.

Do you accept since the person is associated with your friend? Block the significant other since you don't know them? Ignore the request? Would you think it is strange? Would you care or not care?

What would you do and why?

I am asking the question this way because I want to get opinions on this matter. I purposely excluded background info because the person getting the friend request doesn't have any; all they have is the friend request. Put yourself in that person's shoes. I will explain later. I guess you will have to subscribe to the thread to get updates and hear the whole story.

Ignore it it till further notice.

I have about 10 people waiting on a reply from me... and some have been waiting at least a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships