Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
With all due respect I think you're woefully out of your league here where finances are concerned.
What exactly is your contribution to the OP's request for advice?

If you feel you have something better to contribute no one is stopping you from speaking up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Who said it was unauthorized? How can they prove it was unauthorized?

The burden of proof however is on the accuser. This means that he will have to prove that he had access. If he can't then it will be ruled inadmissable.
Really? Did you miss the part where he want snooping in her email? That is simple enough to prove. Just keep uttering "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Really? Did you miss the part where he want snooping in her email? That is simple enough to prove. Just keep uttering "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
Snooping doesn't mean that he didn't have permission necessarily.

You can snoop in the fridge or snoop around the house.

I left room for interpretation since things are not always clear without tone online.

Either way it is irrelevant since he needs to prove he had permission. If he can't then the emails are useless.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Snooping doesn't mean that he didn't have permission necessarily.

You can snoop in the fridge or snoop around the house.

I left room for interpretation since things are not always clear without tone online.

Either way it is irrelevant since he needs to prove he had permission. If he can't then the emails are useless.
Wrong on all points.

All the wife has to say is she did not authorize him looking at her email. That is all. You haven't proven a thing.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
What exactly is your contribution to the OP's request for advice?

If you feel you have something better to contribute no one is stopping you from speaking up!
Why is there a need for me to contribute if others' responses echo my sentiments/knowledge? I don't believe it's a forum rule that because you agree with someone's input it necessitates your jumping in with raised hand to say, "Ooh, ooh, I agree!" Seriously, if you're privy to some unwritten rule I'm not aware of, please share so I can be better educated. Thanks.

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
There are several options.

The first is to only rent a room of the house and bring in additional income.

If he needs a renter to make the mortgage payment then this is a REALLY bad idea.

Another option is if he can afford his own place and to rent the house out while making payments on his new place as well as the mortgage.
Again, highly unlikely he will find a renter to cover the mortgage plus expenses in his currrent home. They'd be overpaying in rent.

If he can afford to live in the house, then he should fight for the home in the divorce. If he cannot afford to pay the bills on the home, then his wife has given him a pretty good deal and he should RUN with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Wrong on all points.
Oh for heaven sakes.

What is your view of the matter? Instead of harping on me for giving my advice how about you contribute what you feel is necessary and let it go?

1,204 posts, read 2,527,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
My father is a lawyer laura and i cant tell you he has said it is very difficult to actually prove.
I didn't say it wasn't. That was why I posted this paragraph from the Maryland divorce site. It says it's hard to prove without witnesses, etc...

Old 01-12-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Why is there a need for me to contribute if others' responses echo my sentiments/knowledge? I don't believe it's a forum rule that because you agree with someone's input it necessitates your jumping in with raised hand to say, "Ooh, ooh, I agree!" Seriously, if you're privy to some unwritten rule I'm not aware of, please share so I can be better educated. Thanks.
If you are going to complain about my contrubutions to this thread then you should correct what you feel is wrong and state what your view is instead of trying to pick my posts apart and look for a fight.

I wasn't aware there needed to be a written rule to not just go around and complain about posts from those who are trying to help without actually contributing anything yourself.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:40 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
So far, I have not seen the OP indicate anything worth the trouble of fighting for, so my advice of taking the deal (along with making sure it gets looked over by a good lawyer) stands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships