Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:04 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times

Advertisements

I met this guy 2 weeks ago at a bar and he asked me for my number. He asked me to go to dinner with him last Friday. Made reservations and we went out drinking afterwards. I got pretty drunk so I stayed at his place. We fooled around but didn't have sex. I left in the morning and he texted me to make sure I got home okay and later that day to see if I was feeling better. Fast-forward two days and I hadn't heard anything so I texted him asking him when I could see him again and almost 9 hours later he texted me back "haha! good question :P". I have yet to respond since I have no idea if he's being sarcastic or what. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I met this guy 2 weeks ago at a bar and he asked me for my number. He asked me to go to dinner with him last Friday. Made reservations and we went out drinking afterwards. I got pretty drunk so I stayed at his place. We fooled around but didn't have sex. I left in the morning and he texted me to make sure I got home okay and later that day to see if I was feeling better. Fast-forward two days and I hadn't heard anything so I texted him asking him when I could see him again and almost 9 hours later he texted me back "haha! good question :P". I have yet to respond since I have no idea if he's being sarcastic or what. Any ideas?
uhh, hes probably just playing games with you.. ball is in his court, let him make the decision... otherwise continue on with ur life.. dont be desperate

Old 01-25-2012, 07:15 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Could just mean he's busy in the coming weeks.

I mean if he texted to make sure you got home, and then texted to make sure you were feeling better, etc... I'd think the guy cares somewhat...

You COULD just text back, "Meaning you're busy? Or that you don't want to? Help me out here... :P "...

Seems early enough in the relationship to just come out with your question... If he's interested you should get a pretty quick response squelching your concerns I'd think... (At least you would from me.. )

Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
I do not know what exactly he is thinking. I do know I would not have responded like that. If I wanted to see you again, I would have responded by trying to set up another date.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:42 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I do not know what exactly he is thinking. I do know I would not have responded like that. If I wanted to see you again, I would have responded by trying to set up another date.
I agree. "good question" is very noncommittal. If you are extremely interested in the guy, then consider asking him out. If not, then just move on.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:53 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
I agree. "good question" is very noncommittal. If you are extremely interested in the guy, then consider asking him out. If not, then just move on.
I agree. If he turns down your invitation, at least you'll know he's not interested. If he accepts, then you'll take it from there. I think the text was rude, but I'm all for second chances when there's a grey area. Perhaps he's just clueless when it comes to dating protocol.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times
Quote:
Good question?

I would ignore him. Until he asked a question and then say "good question" and then return to ignoring him.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:35 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,686,536 times
I would have responded with...answer the question.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Next time you get "pretty drunk" on a first date, consider taking a taxi home.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:23 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Next time you get "pretty drunk" on a first date, consider taking a taxi home.
How about not drinking enough to be intoxicated in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships