Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 02:20 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
So women in general or all women who say that they don't find men with money attractive are lying through their teeth...
Money doesn't equal physical attractiveness but it does make someone more attractive as a mate through their ability to provide for you and any children you would have. Survival of the fittest and all that jazz.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Money doesn't equal physical attractiveness but it does make someone more attractive as a mate through their ability to provide for you and any children you would have. Survival of the fittest and all that jazz.
So I guess women who don't want to have children or get married must being lying through their teeth as well?

Old 01-27-2012, 02:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
This specifically speaks to the historical disadvantaged position women have held, but this is changing and I don't really believe it's hardwired. I suspect that survival of the fittest, as far as the future goes, is going to have to include female elbow grease (intellectually and physically).

Old 01-27-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
So I guess women who don't want to have children or get married must being lying through their teeth as well?
No but they certainly don't want to have to struggle or worry about paying the bills or having no possibility of retirement.

It is basic human nature to want to be with someone who provides well.

I don't see the problem with admitting this is the case.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:26 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Quote:
As a woman I expect a man who is over the age of 30 to have a stable and strong source of income. After at least twelve years of being able to have a job and hopefully after a college education I expect a man to have made something of himself. If after a decade you haven't done that then why would any woman want to be with you?

Thank you. If I already can bring a good income and a stable life to my own table, I want to choose a partner who can bring equal or more to my life.
I am a bit shocked at how many men over 35 are marginally employed with little or no furniture. Perhaps living in Austin contributes to that issue, but I have seen more than I care to admit with regards to women making a better life for themselves than the men are.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Thank you. If I already can bring a good income and a stable life to my own table, I want to choose a partner who can bring equal or more to my life.
I am a bit shocked at how many men over 35 are marginally employed with little or no furniture. Perhaps living in Austin contributes to that issue, but I have seen more than I care to admit with regards to women making a better life for themselves than the men are.
On the other side of this token I would like to point out that most men don't like the idea of having a women support them. It bruises the male ego to realize that they can't provide for themselves or their mate.

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
No but they certainly don't want to have to struggle or worry about paying the bills or having no possibility of retirement.

It is basic human nature to want to be with someone who provides well.

I don't see the problem with admitting this is the case.
Or you can provide for yourself...and then not weed out a perfectly decent man who doesn't "provide well" (whatever the hell that means).

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Of course money is an issue, anyone says its not is full of s***, you can fall in love, but when it turns serious and you are thinking lifetime partner, you want to have kids and house, you're not going to stay with a guy who will never make more than $10 an hour. Unless she plans on caring the full load herself.

This is a super valid point. I am wondering why so many folks seem to not understand this.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:31 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned.

I married my Husband because I love Him. Not because He is loaded.

Yes I am generalizing about saying that women want a man with money because it is the truth and men also don't like the idea of not being able to provide for themselves, their mate or their children. It is a shot to their manhood for many men. It makes them feel like they have failed. These are ideals that have been bred into us for generations and I don't see why we have to pussyfoot around them like they don't exist.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-27-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 01-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Or you can provide for yourself...and then not weed out a perfectly decent man who doesn't "provide well" (whatever the hell that means).
I do can provide for myself and my Husband if I need to. I don't because He doesn't want me to. This is not some radical concept. Men like to be able to provide and women like to know they will be taken care of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships