Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 AM

164 posts, read 186,618 times

Advertisements

I could be with a vegan, but she better have some recipes that aren't exclusive to soy.

From what I've read, many Asian cultures consider soy a compliment rather than an entree.

A lot of vegan diets are built around a high soy intake which from what I've read is actually unhealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
xxbabeechick...people CAN change...maybe these men have just never experienced gooood food.....could you not look at it as a challenge and introduce them to the finer cuisines??...sometimes the opportunity can create a desire to change....maybe you could have converted one, and found him to be "compatible" after all?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 AM

986 posts, read 1,667,043 times
Yes, I had a similar situation last year.

I am trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Sure, I like to indulge occasionally, but for the most part, the guy I end up with has to want to try new, different and healthy foods.

The guy I dated last year ate nothing but junk food. If I cooked something healthy, he usually turned his nose up at it. If I suggested that we go out to eat at a restaurant that had healthy/different choices, he would turn around and suggest some fast food crap instead.

I think he was a good guy deep down, but we were not compatible, due to this (and other issues).

Old 01-31-2012, 09:07 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I can (Trimac's thread about veggie haters inspired me).

If someone on a date for instance, orders a med well burger with American cheese, no lettuce, onion or tomato, I know it won't work.

If someone won't do ethnic cuisines, like Thai, Indian, etc. on a date, then I know it won't work.

If someone's idea of a good meal is chicken fingers, then I know it won't work.

If someone says they point blank never eat vegetables, then I know it won't work.
Really? Really?

Look, are you just trying to make it harder for yourself to find someone?

Here's the deal. It's hard enough finding a soulmate in life without holding up any number of hoops for that poor person to jump through. I mean, in the great scheme of things, the things you should be looking for are his innate goodness, his sense of humor, and your mutual chemistry. You should paying attention to how he treats others and how he views the world. You should make sure if the guy is going to be a good and considerate partner in life. If we had to rank things in order of importance, what he orders off the menu is about #5,439.

I mean, heck. MrsCPG and I have some pretty opposite tastes in food, music, books, and the what not. But when it comes to what really matters, you couldn't slide a piece of paper between our beliefs.

And yet, you'll be posting in another few months about how hard it is to find someone. Sheesh.

Last edited by cpg35223; 01-31-2012 at 09:19 AM..

Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansarado View Post
From what I've read, many Asian cultures consider soy a compliment rather than an entree.
I consider it a cheap filler not worth wasting calories on, at best (much like pasta).

Old 01-31-2012, 09:11 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
xxbabeechick...people CAN change...maybe these men have just never experienced gooood food.....could you not look at it as a challenge and introduce them to the finer cuisines??...sometimes the opportunity can create a desire to change....maybe you could have converted one, and found him to be "compatible" after all?
When I met my SO, he wasn't much into wine. Now he has a chiller, has eclectic tastes and has preferences in varietals and winemakers, and is even learning how to make it, himself.

Also, he had never tried Thai food. Now he's a Thai food junkie.

Oh, and I went veggie in 2009. He still eats meat, but he eats much less of it than before, and enjoys the vegetarian meals I cook.

Good thing I didn't deem him "incompatible" all those years ago, eh?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
Ugh! How narrow minded. I am a very avid alt rock listener but I'll date people who have other tastes in music (even through I think country and rap are terrible) because I don't want to miss out on a whole group of guys simply because they've never heard of a single band I listen to. After a couple months of dating I invade their ipods and convert them anyways.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Awaiting a thread on why you won't date men without symmetrical index fingers......

Seriously though, lighten up....

It will be difficult to find someone that absolutely meets every preference....

Old 01-31-2012, 09:14 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,306 times
Food choice doesn't even come to mind when I think of someone's compatibility, unless he's consuming nothing but chicken McNuggets like that poor girl in the news.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:14 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Sushi makes me vomit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships