Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 10:56 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
This is a fantastic thread. I never really thought of this. I truly feel it would be difficult dating someone who is a vegetarian because of the restaurant choices I make, though I am absolutely open to learn to cook and try. Someone who blatantly doesn't eat healthy speaks volumes as well.

I'm a curious soul who has tried a lot of crazy foods and would like to experience with said significant other. I see a lot of roadblocks in the future.
Be careful, though. Just because someone isn't adventurous with food when you meet them doesn't mean that they won't expand their horizons to spend time with you and enjoy activities. My wife is the perfect example of that. And she has found several new foods she really enjoys now.

You gotta give people a chance. They might surprise you. She's still pretty uptight, though...but that is the way I like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 10:59 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Sheesh.

What is this world coming to.
I totally get it. As I said above, it has to do really with lifestyle choices. There is NO WAY IN HECK that I could EVER EVER EVER be in a relationship with a woman who does not care about what she fuels her body with. NO WAY!! I take great pride in making healthy choices and leading a very active lifestyle. A woman who does not do the same will not be a part of my life. Its as simple as that.

Just like I shake my head and laugh at the women in the office who drink 3-4 diet cokes per day, weigh 300 pounds and say "Oh I need to try to lose weight". Im like "You idiot, stop fueling your vehicle with that crap and maybe you'll lose some poundage". There is no way that someone like that could be in a relationship with me.

Im all for always trying new and different things as its like an adventure in going to new restaurants, but if you dont care about what you eat then I dont care enough about you to allow you to be more than just a friend.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:01 AM

914 posts, read 1,807,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Be careful, though. Just because someone isn't adventurous with food when you meet them doesn't mean that they won't expand their horizons to spend time with you and enjoy activities. My wife is the perfect example of that. And she has found several new foods she really enjoys now.

You gotta give people a chance. They might surprise you. She's still pretty uptight, though...but that is the way I like her.

You're very right. People may even call me a picky eater because I only eat the skin off the chicken and leave the meat. Haha. I guess i've never come across the bridge where i've met a guy who is a vegetarian or is a sole meat-eater. I would definitely give it a shot though.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:09 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
People may even call me a picky eater because I only eat the skin off the chicken and leave the meat. Haha.
Pretty sure I saw Cartman do that on an episode of South Park..

Old 01-31-2012, 11:10 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Honestly, though, I find it hard to see food as a true deal-breaker (unless you are religious and can't eat meat bc of it like many of my relatives).

Shouldn't deal-breakers be stuff you can't work around? Like one person wants kids and the other doesn't?

Old 01-31-2012, 11:11 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Honestly, though, I find it hard to see food as a true deal-breaker (unless you are religious and can't eat meat bc of it like many of my relatives).

Shouldn't deal-breakers be stuff you can't work around? Like one person wants kids and the other doesn't?
Precisely!

Old 01-31-2012, 11:15 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
WOW, I think this might be even more superficial than dating someone because they "look" like a supermodel and have the personality of sand.

I'm glad my husband doesn't care that I don't like Mushrooms

Old 01-31-2012, 11:16 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
For me, making poor nutritional/health choices IS a deal-breaker. Im no vegetarian or vegan (both of which I could accept in a woman) but poor diet is a complete and absolute deal-breaker for me. Again, it comes down to LIFESTYLE. A woman who constantly eats crap (fatty foods, drive through, sodas, sweets, etc.) shows me that she does not share my interest or place such a high importance on health/fitness. Its like I wouldnt date a smoker either. Same thing.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:19 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
WOW, I think this might be even more superficial than dating someone because they "look" like a supermodel and have the personality of sand.

I'm glad my husband doesn't care that I don't like Mushrooms
No kidding. Or onions. Almost every guy I've ever dated liked onions. I can't stand the smell, the taste, the texture of any kind of onion. I can't stand celery--although, I've been getting better over the past few years. I'm not a big meat eater, in fact, rarely eat it. I tried to go vegetarian for a while but failed, now eat chicken now and then and occasionally, ground chuck. But it's never been a problem with any of my dates or bf's. Not even remotely. They might tease me about being a fussy eater, but it caused no problems at all.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:23 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:

I think it's more a matter of lifestyle and what you consider attractive in someone. If you are extremely active, you may not find be attracted to someone with a very sedentary lifestyle. For some people, food really is a passion and a big part of their life so it makes sense that you might not be as attracted to someone whose views on it radically differ from your own. Ever hear the old French quote "tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships