Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 02:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times

Advertisements

I'm a foodie and I guess I've been really lucky that the guys I've been in relationships have also enjoyed food and have been willing to try anything. I can't imagine a life of not going out for sushi, Indian, Ethiopian, Thai, Mexican, etc. with my husband! When I travel - one of my main interests is trying the cuisine of the region. I'll try anything once! My husband might wait to see my reaction before he tries something - but he's always up for anything! I'm not sure if it would be an issue for me if my husband wasn't as adventurous as he is but I'm sure glad I don't have to find out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 02:51 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,120 times
why not date yourself if ur looking for an exact carbon copy that has every same interest, food taste, etc?

Old 01-31-2012, 02:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You make foodies sound awfully snobby.
That's probably because quite a few appear to be. I don't particularly care what other people eat and certainly wouldn't turn up my nose when talking about their choices.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:

Just sayin'...

Equating a good recipe to sex? That's a little weird to me.

Though I suppose if you are THAT passionate about food you'd want a partner equally as passionate in the same snobby way, so I get ya .
Some people are really passionate about food (or fitness or religion or whatever) and wouldn't be happy with a partner who couldn't share that interest with them. Some people don't care. Everyone has dealbreakers, and it doesn't make them necessarily snobby or shallow.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I like having my palate challenged.
I respect your position, as a vegan. But, I can assure you, nothing will challenge your palate better than meat balls and polish sausage. Don't knock it til you try it, baby.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,272,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!! For me, a woman's food choices would give me an indication on if our lifestyles are compatible. Which would instantly let me know if she is GF material or just bang-able material. If we go to a restaurant and she orders the most fattening and unhealthy item on the menu with soda, side of whatever or extra bacon or something, then a giant piece of desert. It lets me know instantly that her lifestyle is not the same as mine which is HEALTHY/FITNESS/ACTIVE oriented.

I wouldn't take that as any great indication. Many, many people eat healthful food as a general rule, but indulge once a week, when they're out at a restaurant. Big picture trumps one-shot meal.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I wouldn't take that as any great indication. Many, many people eat healthful food as a general rule, but indulge once a week, when they're out at a restaurant. Big picture trumps one-shot meal.
That's right. A lot of people who are into fitness have a cheat day once a week, including myself. It does something to the leptin levels, resets your metabolism and creates a hormonal environment conductive to fat burning. I started noticing an increase in desired results when I added cheat days.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,510 times
Quote:

Just sayin'...

Equating a good recipe to sex? That's a little weird to me.

Though I suppose if you are THAT passionate about food you'd want a partner equally as passionate in the same snobby way, so I get ya .
Maybe I'm just sayin that a foodie is able to more percieve the basic needs of the person. Food might correlate closely w/sex. Not sexual orientation. People like what "IS' fine. I've had decades of food intermingled with sex. Helps to identify prude versus a totally open individual. Don't matter the gender, race or whatever with me because I dig deeper than "hello" or a favorite recipe....openness rules

Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
Maybe I'm just sayin that a foodie is able to more percieve the basic needs of the person. Food might correlate closely w/sex. Not sexual orientation. People like what "IS' fine. I've had decades of food intermingled with sex. Helps to identify prude versus a totally open individual. Don't matter the gender, race or whatever with me because I dig deeper than "hello" or a favorite recipe....openness rules
LOL Sorry, the disturbing image of George Costanza eating a sub sandwich under the covers during sex just flashed in my head.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 PM

370 posts, read 1,366,196 times
It doesn't have to be a deal breaker but it can be annoying. I am used to cooking 2 meals (one vegetarian and one with meat) many nights. I try to make mainly meatless ones because they are healthier but we have 3 distinctive food personalities in our house.

My husband is a vegetarian, my son is what I would call a semi-vegetarian and I am a meat eater but not a huge one (I like chicken and poultry and pork products). I don't eat beef very much. My son will usually eat what I am having or what I make my husband or a meal all three of us eat, but he gets his moments and dislikes certain meals right now (quiche).

Generally we all like Italian (them more than me, I could take it or leave it) or Mexican, and British foods. I don't eat a lot of meat.

But once in awhile I do eat shrimp and my husband and son are very annoying about it (comments how it smells or it's related to spiders..you know stupid stuff).

I also like Chinese food a lot but my husband hates it so I will occasionally get it for lunch (with my son) but not as much as I'd like to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships