Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,493 times

Advertisements

No, because that would make her 29. I would date/marry a woman up to one year older and two years younger. If I'm over 24 and still unmarried, maybe I'll expand it to 3 years.

However, my uncle's future wife is 7 years older than he is. So, it happens...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:55 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
If it's just dating without serious intentions, I don't really have any significant limits - except that they are between 21 and 75. As for marriage, 5 years older would be fine - 10 may be pushing it. 10 years younger would be okay, whereas 15 or more would be pushing it - there'd have to be extraordinary circumstances to consider more than 5 to 10 years' difference.

I do know plenty of couples where the age difference is 10, 15, even 20 years, and one where she's 30 years younger (she greatly prefers older men). It's really an individual preference, and could even change depending on who you meet. Most of the time, it seems that the man is older, and I don't see or know many couples where the man is significantly younger. I think this is because there was this tendency in the past for fairly good reasons, and the "tradition" has continued even though there is now less practical reason for the older man, younger woman match.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM

228 posts, read 421,793 times
As someone in my early 30s, I would not date or marry a man that is 10 years younger than me. I don't think I would even go 5 years younger. I think as I age, though, that could change. I just don't want a man in their 20s. I worked at a local university for a few years and I got asked out by young guys, ranging in ages from 18-26. They looked like youngsters to me - there was definitely no physical attraction there. I also tried to imagine how they would deal with the fact that I was a young widow, owned my own home, lots of responsibilities, blah blah, etc.

I discovered that I didn't really have an attraction to men my age when I went to Match. My boyfriend is 10 years older than me. It is my hope and plan to spend the rest of my days with him, with or without marriage.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:08 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,464,355 times
no way, women age too quickly, so dating a woman 10 - 15 years older is a big NO NO

she would look like an old maid in a just a few years

for some reason I dont find women attractive after age 35, they really start showing their age by the 40's and look run down , in my opinion women only look good when they're young

Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,441 times
NO! I have dated women that were 10-25yrs older, as a teenager and in my early 20s and I didnt allow any of those relationships to progress into anything other than the "casual" status.

With that said the Mrs is a few months older but thats cool because studies (; i know, i hate useless stats) show that I'll kick the bucket before her...so party on !

Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
no way, women age too quickly, so dating a woman 10 - 15 years older is a big NO NO

for some reason I dont find women attractive after age 35, they really start showing their age by the 40's and look run down , in my opinion women only look good when they're young

WOW, I hope you never start showing your age, wouldn't want to be a 'disappointment' to anyone.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post

LOL No more quickly than men do. It's time for people to wake up and smell the coffee, men just think they look better than they do because women are more forgiving of their flaws.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:27 PM

370 posts, read 1,366,196 times
I know many such relationships, and they are all about the woman being older than the guy!!

One of my friends married at 38 to a guy 7 years younger. Her mother and her mother in law were both older than their spouses.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
I know many such relationships, and they are all about the woman being older than the guy!!

One of my friends married at 38 to a guy 7 years younger. Her mother and her mother in law were both older than their spouses.
My son's g/f (two years so far) is 15 years older than him. I don't see the age difference. They're so cute together. I just love her.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 PM

526 posts, read 955,543 times
I am 28 and I'd date men as old as 40, but the youngest I'd go would be my own age. I find older men more interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships