Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 09:55 AM

132 posts, read 304,669 times

Advertisements

You know what's funny is that men are waking up all over America to women their own age who are wondering "who is this old lady next to me?" So marrying a man your age or older than you is no guarantee that he won't think you're looking a little long in the tooth and want to trade you in for a younger model. It always tickles me when women are afraid to go younger - even just by 10 years - because of this fear.

I have been with older and younger but never by more than a decade. That's just my rule. Nobody who I could have given birth to or is old enough to be my father. But sometimes you just fall in love and age is something you're willing to work around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 09:59 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I'm 28...definitely wouldn't go 10 years younger at this point. I really don't want to date anyone younger than me even if it's just by a little bit. I'd maybe consider 38...but I think if I met a great person and we really clicked then age wouldn't be a big deal assuming we still had the same life goals.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times
Would I marry someone 10 years older than me? Definitely NOT.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:21 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Men how do you feel about older women? Would you date, even marry a woman 10 years older than you? 15 years older than you? Whats your limit?
Ladies - would you date, marry a man 10 years YOUNGER than you? 15 years? What is YOUR limit? Do you think it is all just a number and if the chemistry is right than age doesn't mater? Or do you believe it is essential to stay within an age range despite chemistry or love.

Doesn't matter until the older person in the couple reaches 55 and up. 55 and up, is when all of the fun starts!

List of possible "fun" :

loss of vision
loss of hearing
loss of sex drive
loss of sexual ability
sags, bags, etc.
aches, pains, surgeries...
dentures, tooth decay, tooth loss...
lack of energy, drive, social activites...
memory loss, brain fog, basic skills

and on, and on, and on, and on...........

It's best to try to stick to around your own age.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:12 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I think the older you get the less 10 or 15 years matters. If you are 18 dating a 28 year old you do not have near as much maturity level with the 18 year old and less in common that someone that is 65 and dating a 55 year old, does that make sense? I just turned 59 and I would date or marry someone 10 years older or younger than myself.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,990,240 times
I did. She's almost 11 years older than me.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:26 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
My husband is 6 years older than me. I have always preferred older men. Don't know why. The younger ones just seemed immature at the time and not grounded or experienced. I guess the question for me now is this; now that I'm in my 40's, do I still want an older man? Of course age is just a number but there definitely has to be chemistry. I don't know if I could NOW go for a man 10-15 years older. I don't know if he could keep up with me. Did I say that out loud? LOL
There's a blue pill for that.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:24 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,834 times
Default Actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I think the older you get the less 10 or 15 years matters. If you are 18 dating a 28 year old you do not have near as much maturity level with the 18 year old and less in common that someone that is 65 and dating a 55 year old, does that make sense? I just turned 59 and I would date or marry someone 10 years older or younger than myself.
compatibility and health wise the reverse is true. My husband is only a few months younger than me. We are in our mid 60's, so this does not apply to us. I do have a two friends, married to men much older. One is 12 yrs older the other 15. Although they still love them, they do regret the age difference. While my husband and I are still compatible in things we like and "can" still do--they are not. Their husbands health is not good, and that is a factor. My friends did enjoy the benefits of older husbands when they were younger--financial security, and social stature, as their husbands were well into their professional careers. That has now changed, and the age difference is a burden to them.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:11 AM

114 posts, read 214,391 times
I could be with a woman that was 10 or 11 years older than me. But I think 15 years would be too much. I mean I meet women who are 15 plus years older than me and I think they're attractive and have great personalities, but I know age means something so I'm usually left thinking "ah if I were just a few years older itd be me and you."

The thing is I tend to be attracted to women that are a little older than me, Many of my love interest have been women at least four years older than me. The relationship I was in the past the woman was 8 years older than me.

Last edited by TheGreatGarfield; 07-05-2012 at 11:07 AM..

Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 AM

632 posts, read 1,180,401 times
10 years, maybe maybe not. 5 years apart...no problem. I'm actually interested in an older woman because they are far more mature and have goals in life they actually want to accomplish whereas "women" my age and younger look and act immature and I am often embarrassed to be around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships