Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:58 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times

Advertisements

Men how do you feel about older women? Would you date, even marry a woman 10 years older than you? 15 years older than you? Whats your limit?
Ladies - would you date, marry a man 10 years YOUNGER than you? 15 years? What is YOUR limit? Do you think it is all just a number and if the chemistry is right than age doesn't mater? Or do you believe it is essential to stay within an age range despite chemistry or love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
My boss is married to a man 13 years younger than her. She's also taller than him, haha. but they seem very in love so it works for them!

My dad was 10 years older than my mom. He had preteens and teenagers already when they met. I don't know how my mom tolerated that! but I think his kids (my half siblings) liked my mom anyways.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Yeah I would as long as we're in love and get along well.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Men how do you feel about older women? Would you date, even marry a woman 10 years older than you? 15 years older than you? Whats your limit?
Ladies - would you date, marry a man 10 years YOUNGER than you? 15 years? What is YOUR limit? Do you think it is all just a number and if the chemistry is right than age doesn't mater? Or do you believe it is essential to stay within an age range despite chemistry or love.

Yup, already did, he is almost 10 years older, currently married to him and loving it. Age is a man made chronological number and not really what counts in my opinion. Take away all the outside crap and the question should be do you Love that person without any of the other distractions.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
I could easily marry younger than myself because people don't believe me when I tell them my age but, call it insecurity, I won't go younger. I'm afraid they'd one day wake up and wonder who the old woman next to them is. That would be heart-wrenching. So I'll stick with my age or older.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Yup, already did, he is almost 10 years older, currently married to him and loving it. Age is a man made chronological number and not really what counts in my opinion. Take away all the outside crap and the question should be do you Love that person without any of the other distractions.
I wish I could get myself to think like this. I've turned down many a younger man because of my insecurities over other people's ageism.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:07 AM

Oops..........I did not read correctly, missed the word "men". I answered and I'm not a man, oh well, I will pay better attention next time.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post

My husband is 6 years older than me. I have always preferred older men. Don't know why. The younger ones just seemed immature at the time and not grounded or experienced. I guess the question for me now is this; now that I'm in my 40's, do I still want an older man? Of course age is just a number but there definitely has to be chemistry. I don't know if I could NOW go for a man 10-15 years older. I don't know if he could keep up with me. Did I say that out loud? LOL

Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I wish I could get myself to think like this. I've turned down many a younger man because of my insecurities over other people's ageism.

We all have some sort of insecurities and there is nothing wrong with that it is just being human. I just happen to feel differently about this issue than you do. Can you imagine how boring humans would be if they all thought alike about everything?

Old 02-01-2012, 11:12 AM

133 posts, read 330,878 times
My dad is 6 years older than my mom.

My grandmother's second husband was 18 years younger than her, and they were married for almost 40 years, when he passed away. They got married in the late 60's, when marrying a younger man was definintely not the norm.

I'm a guy (early 40's), and I've dated different women 10 - 20 years older than myself. I've also dated women my age. To me, it's just how you click. I call it a coincidence, that the ones I clicked with more were older than I am.

If she's comfortable with dating me and could care less about our age difference, that's really cool. If she has hangups with the age difference, then that's her problem. Believe me, it's happened to me before, and frankly, that's her loss for not getting to know me for who I am, and not just rejecting me because of my age. I just figured I'm better off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships