Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 11:01 PM

52,309 posts, read 52,777,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And I agree 100% with Chowhound. I think it's absolutely deplorable for a woman to pass off a child as her husband's if it isn't - but no good can come of the husband getting a paternity test when the child is 10 years old.
Thank you... the bolded part is what I've been hammering on and no one seemed to get that part......I've been beaten up pretty good on this thread... thanks for a little understanding of my point.... which I think was obvious as hell, but LOL.... whatever.....

Old 08-02-2013, 11:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thank you... the bolded part is what I've been hammering on and no one seemed to get that part......I've been beaten up pretty good on this thread... thanks for a little understanding of my point.... which I think was obvious as hell, but LOL.... whatever.....
The thing is - these guys are only seeing it from one point of view. My son is only about 2 years old - and at this point - I would NOT want to find out if I had gotten the wrong baby at the hospital. If men were the ones to give birth - I would NOT want to get a test to see if he was my child. I love every inch of him and nothing can change that. And I'd rather NOT find out that he's not really biologically my child - because he IS my child and nothing can change that. And my husband loves me and my husband - I can't imagine walking out on him or telling him that he's not really ours. I would never do that to him. That would be the most selfish act I could ever do.

Like I said - I think women who do this are deplorable. If you question the paternity - get a test right away. Doing it later is just going to make everyone miserable.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 PM

491 posts, read 570,359 times
Quote:
I just answered it. People will notice the kid looks nothing like the father which means they'll probably know the kid isn't the father's. How do you think the child will respond to this? Unless of course everyone keeps up the lie, but it doesn't matter if the kid looks nothing like the father. It's embarrassing and mentally scarring for the child. I told you I understood that the child will suffer and it sucks, but apparently no one seems to care about the man who was tricked into raising a child that wasn't his against his will. Stop defending the ***** mother and show some compassion not just for the child, but the man who was duped. 10 minutes. 10 years. A lie is a lie and it needs to come to light. Unless of course you are condoning lying.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
The thing is - these guys are only seeing it from one point of view. My son is only about 2 years old - and at this point - I would NOT want to find out if I had gotten the wrong baby at the hospital. If men were the ones to give birth - I would NOT want to get a test to see if he was my child. I love every inch of him and nothing can change that. And I'd rather NOT find out that he's not really biologically my child - because he IS my child and nothing can change that. And my husband loves me and my husband - I can't imagine walking out on him or telling him that he's not really ours. I would never do that to him. That would be the most selfish act I could ever do.

Like I said - I think women who do this are deplorable. If you question the paternity - get a test right away. Doing it later is just going to make everyone miserable.
If you wouldn't get a man tested then you are foolish, but once again you are talking from a woman's point of view and you can never understand what a man goes through who is cuckolded. You are saying that you are okay with a man cheating on you and having kids with another person. 10 minute or 10 year you were lied to. If you are okay with that then just say so.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
I just answered it. People will notice the kid looks nothing like the father which means they'll probably know the kid isn't the father's. How do you think the child will respond to this? Unless of course everyone keeps up the lie, but it doesn't matter if the kid looks nothing like the father. It's embarrassing and mentally scarring for the child. I told you I understood that the child will suffer and it sucks, but apparently no one seems to care about the man who was tricked into raising a child that wasn't his against his will. Stop defending the ***** mother and show some compassion not just for the child, but the man who was duped. 10 minutes. 10 years. A lie is a lie and it needs to come to light. Unless of course you are condoning lying.
You just don't get it. Sometimes in life, you put the needs of others before yourself.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Yeah... I asked that guy point blank would you walk out on the child and he said he would... completely and utterly deplorable..... it makes me sick to my stomach that someone would turn their backs on some little kid that up to that point was "their" child............. I have no use for someone that could do that... I made the point of making sure that is what he was talking about...... sickening behavior.......completely and utterly repulsive.......

Old 08-02-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
You just don't get it. Sometimes in life, you put the needs of others before yourself.
What don't I get? The mother didn't do that did she? She chose her own sexual satisfaction over her husband. Now the husband should pay? She should enjoy the fruits of her selfish labor.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
If you wouldn't get a man tested then you are foolish, but once again you are talking from a woman's point of view and you can never understand what a man goes through who is cuckolded. You are saying that you are okay with a man cheating on you and having kids with another person. 10 minute or 10 year you were lied to. If you are okay with that then just say so.
You just don't understand. It's useless to try to continue arguing with you because you can only understand one point of view. It has nothing to do with being okay with cheating. It has everything to do with loving your child. And I trust my husband 100% so I would never think of questioning whether or not the child was mine if our roles were reversed. But once again - you simply don't understand. You don't have children. That's okay. But it's useless to argue with you because you're never going to understand- and all you can do is throw insults and tell anyone that doesn't agree with you that if you don't understand their point, then it's not a valid point. Oh well.

Good luck with your bill to make paternity testing mandatory!

Old 08-02-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah... I asked that guy point blank would you walk out on the child and he said he would... completely and utterly deplorable..... it makes me sick to my stomach that someone would turn their backs on some little kid that up to that point was "their" child............. I have no use for someone that could do that... I made the point of making sure that is what he was talking about...... sickening behavior.......completely and utterly repulsive.......
Yes poor child I agree. The man should man up and accept he's been duped and raise the *****'s child meanwhile the bio father can sleep with whoever he wants and since he isn't the husband its cool. THIS WAS ALL STARTED BY THE MOTHER CHEATING!

Old 08-02-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Yes poor child I agree. The man should man up and accept he's been duped and raise the *****'s child meanwhile the bio father can sleep with whoever he wants and since he isn't the husband its cool. THIS WAS ALL STARTED BY THE MOTHER CHEATING!
IT'S NOT THE KIDS F ING FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you wanna shout......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships