Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,428,749 times

Advertisements

SO.........if you have been honest with your spouse or whomever there should be no reason to fear the paternity test.

My oldest child has a different Father than the 2 youngest, they all know it and it is no big deal.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:38 PM

73 posts, read 156,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
I am a woman and I wish there was a law that when a child was born a DNA paternity test is automatically done.

Raising children and child support is NO JOKE.

Far too many people are hurt when men raise kids that aren't theirs.

Put it down to a couple of dirty sluts who ruin it for everyone - DNA is an amazing tool that should be used to protect men and children from women who lie, cheat and steal.
from the looks of this thread, after god made you he broke the mold.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:40 PM

37,775 posts, read 46,273,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
It's not my personal problem, my husband and I raise our 4 children together.

And the system has been changing. I know more moms that pay child support than I do those that receive child support. They do not have full custody either.

And for those women that do not recieve support, it's typically because she can't afford the lawyer fees, not because she is lazy. Or, because he gets paid under the table and she can't prove he has any kind of income.

Funny how you can see it one way, but can't consider the other side of the coin.
Exactamundo. So many are entirely clueless about this issue.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:50 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,251,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Agree again. Its definately shady. There are men out there who would do it in a heartbeat. We already heard from one on the issue and I'll bet hes not alone.
Indeed they're not alone. They're voting in the poll in unison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
I think it's outrageous that a man who wants scientific proof of his obligation is vilified, especially for such a simple test.
I think you have every right to ask your lady whatever you want. I certainly wouldn't vilify a guy in this thread for that. Just as long as it's kept to your ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Agree?? Its not like they have a say or choice in the matter, just get the kid and get a test and get the results.
The say is the choice a woman makes when she chooses a man. Many women simply pass on the typical guy addressed in this thread.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
I am a woman and I wish there was a law that when a child was born a DNA paternity test is automatically done.

Raising children and child support is NO JOKE.

Far too many people are hurt when men raise kids that aren't theirs.

Put it down to a couple of dirty sluts who ruin it for everyone - DNA is an amazing tool that should be used to protect men and children from women who lie, cheat and steal.
I don't think any amount of reasoning could convince me to have the government crawl further up my ass. I just don't dig it. To each their own.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,349,301 times
No way in Hell. If a guy demanded this of me I'd kick him to the curb before we even did the deed. I've never cheated on anyone in my life, and if a guy is going to accuse me of that, I think that says more about him than it does about me. I don't feel like being married to a paranoid woman hater, thank-you very much

Old 02-09-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Dude are you serious? This thread is really evil. I would just do the test. I am not asking for any persons permission!! Once the child is born, the DOC WILL RUN the test, married or no married. Any person that says other wise can kick rocks, regardless of any stupid vaginal emotion someone may feel. If a child is born from a woman I deal with, I WILL have the test ran. Its the American way. You other men should be REAL men and do that same. It is YOUR right to know. No feminine peer pressure should prevent you from doing RIGHT by you.
Of course you should check. What's important to keep in mind is the caliber of women you guys are capable of getting. Neither of you should trust each other and that's surely with good reason.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,592,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang1 View Post
It's generally a good idea to trust but verify. Trust isn't some either or proposition. You can generally trust someone but still want to obtain additional verification once in a while. It's like buying insurance, even if you're generally healthy there is always a slight chance of something catastrophic happening.

I guess what this argument comes down to is what's more important, the woman's ego or the man's peace of mind. I really dislike the notion that even bringing this up should be taboo. That is just not a healthy relationship if something important to one person can't even be discussed because it might offend the other person. I really hate this sort of emotional blackmail. I really dislike people who use these passive-aggressive means to silence and control other people.
TRUTH!!! You hit it right on the head!! What is this society where a womens emotional feelings keeps MEN from doing the right thing?? As much as women do not trust men and are bullied to not look at or speak to other women. No woman will be dictating to me what test I will run on a potential off spring. REAL men do what they want to do, when they WANT TO DO IT. Thats what Man hood is. Doing what you want and need for your own piece of mind instead of worrying about others feelings. Their feelings belong to them and they should learn how to control these feelings. My girlfriend is great, but she knows to me I come first and to her she comes first. If she get pregnant before I marry her, the test will BE RAN, regardless of how she feels. I dont give a rats a$$. I need what I need if she dont like it, Off with her head man. You men need to be men again. Misandry must end!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:04 PM

723 posts, read 2,197,954 times
^ ^ ^ I'm clapping right now. Good post.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:05 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,552,000 times
All children should be tested at birth and the parents informed immediately. So that cheating b**** cannot even come home from the hospital if it isn't his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships